Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-20-2007   #1
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default I called into Sports Radio 610.....

I called into Sports Radio 610 about an hour ago and presented the guys with my 'move up for CJ idea'; they think I severely undervalued CJ in terms of what I was willing to give up to get him in Houston. Thinking about it, they were definitely right. My idea was to give Oakland the #8, DC, and a 3 and 4 next year. They just thought the 3 and 4 would have to be replaced with a 1st next year.

They think it would take our #8 this year, DC, and possibly our 1st rounder next year. Would any of you give this up to move up to #1 in this year's draft to get CJ? I know I would.
Old 03-20-2007   #2
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Re: I called into Sports Radio 610.....

no.....i dont think any one is worth moving up for this year.....we ned so much and wr isnt our number one need......so therefore i think we need to stay put and get either landry or hall.......then in the second get meriweather or whatever corner drops cuz i know one will.......then get jason hill in the third.....cj is amazing but we have a number one that just signed for like 8 more years....cj would need to be a number one after like 2 yrs.....esp if he is better than aj.....so i think he isnt worth it not even joe thomas.....too much!!!!!!

maybe if we were close to being contenders
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #3
Zagen30
Rookie

While CJ is an amazing prospect, and the Johnson&Johnson threat would be downright scary for opposing DB's to cover, I don't want us ending up like Arizona: two phenomenal wideouts, but no one to throw them the ball (before they drafted Leinart), a bad O-Line (Milford Brown is never the answer for your Offensive Line), and no other really good players on the team other than a non-vital position (Adrian Wilson, SS). I think that a decent WR can be found later on (2nd round, or maybe David Ball on day 2?), the price of drafting CJ would be too high, and that drafting other positions would improve this team much more.
Zagen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

when you got on, were you the guy who said...."first time caller, long time listener"?
Old 03-20-2007   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
I called into Sports Radio 610 about an hour ago and presented the guys with my 'move up for CJ idea'; they think I severely undervalued CJ in terms of what I was willing to give up to get him in Houston. Thinking about it, they were definitely right. My idea was to give Oakland the #8, DC, and a 3 and 4 next year. They just thought the 3 and 4 would have to be replaced with a 1st next year.

They think it would take our #8 this year, DC, and possibly our 1st rounder next year. Would any of you give this up to move up to #1 in this year's draft to get CJ? I know I would.
So you were the one!...I thought the exact same thing Mark told you. Oakland will want at least 2 1st rounders...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
So you were the one!...I thought the exact same thing Mark told you. Oakland will want at least 2 1st rounders...
Yeah I agree now. You think it's too expensive? I mean, we are talking about CJ here. You get CJ in the 1st, Blalock in the 2nd, Satele in the 3rd. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-20-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
when you got on, were you the guy who said...."first time caller, long time listener"?
I think that was the guy before me. I was a first time caller though.
Old 03-20-2007   #8
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Yeah I agree now. You think it's too expensive? I mean, we are talking about CJ here. You get CJ in the 1st, Blalock in the 2nd, Satele in the 3rd. Nothing wrong with that.
Yes, I think it is too expensive, but I do agree he will be awesome.
Old 03-20-2007   #9
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

NC - looking at the chart, there is a 1600 pt difference. A next year's #1 is only valued at 800 since you don't know where it fall. This years 2nd has 510 pt value add Carr and they might deal.
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
funny.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read