Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2007   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default muro released

take a look at the transactions page on the texans main website and you'll see that we've released cameron muro...the only reason i bring this up is i'm sick and tired of seeing chad stanley at punter and was kinda hoping that this kid could challenge him during training camp
Old 03-20-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: muro released

Quote:
With the 8th overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Houston Texans select...?????
Daniel Sepulveda.

Just thought I'd answer two questions in one thread
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #3
Zagen30
Rookie

No! Not that I really know anything about Muro, but please, anyone except Stanley. Stanley lost us multiple games this season because he couldn't pin our opponents deep with little time left. Isn't there anybody out there with a better leg than Stanley?
Zagen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #4
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
take a look at the transactions page on the texans main website and you'll see that we've released cameron muro...the only reason i bring this up is i'm sick and tired of seeing chad stanley at punter and was kinda hoping that this kid could challenge him during training camp
Gordon Ely-Kelso is likely to go undrafted out of Georgia. I'd like to see him come in and challenge Stanley. He just might win the battle.
Old 03-20-2007   #5
grahamcracker977
Rookie

Carr to Raiders for Shane Lechler? Just kidding...
What was Stanley's average last year?
grahamcracker977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamcracker977 View Post
Net avg. of -4.6 per punt. His #s went up from 2005.
Old 03-20-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
two groans, one eye roll and about 3 #$!#@$$ the punter blasts per game from the fans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2007   #8
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
two groans, one eye roll and about 3 #$!#@$$ the punter blasts per game from the fans.
Beautiful.
Old 03-20-2007   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they draft Sepulveda in the 6th if he's still there. He's projected to go in the 5th to 6th round.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Why don't they just let David Carr throw an interception? I bet Carr could throw the ball farther than 29.7912954 yards or whatever Stanley averaged.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Why don't they just let David Carr throw an interception? I bet Carr could throw the ball farther than 29.7912954 yards or whatever Stanley averaged.
you speak the troof!
Old 03-20-2007   #12
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
because David would either take the sack or throw the ball away...he wouldn't want to throw the interception, because it would look make his stats look worse.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

bad, bad move. as little respect as the kicking game gets in most cases, it's very important. muro's a big left foot while stanley is comperable to 13 year old kids i've coached. i'd have some respect for stanley if he were atleast still consistant, but that isnt the case anymore. muro's similar to mcbriar in dallas in that he's got a monster foot, but can be inconsistant at times. since we have noone else competing and i'm too lazy to try out, this is a bad move IMO.
Old 03-20-2007   #14
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah the fact that stanley was re-signed blows my mind...what did he do this past year that warrented re-signing...you can get a udfa off the street in october who could have punted better than this kid...heck i've seen plenty of high school punters do better
Old 03-21-2007   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edited

Last edited by Scooter; 03-21-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

We should be able to bring in undrafted punters to compete with Stanley. I couldn't remember how many college punters I saw last year that were better than him.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't joke. I'd make that trade...he's the best punter ever. and that's something we need...we can play the field position game like none other.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
hell i'll wager half of my first year's check that with 3 months of nutritional and weight training i could start as both punter and kicker for the texans (i mean that literally, when i kicked i didnt miss inside 40 and could punt 50+ in most weather). we're hurting more than a highschool team in the kicking department. i've coached premiere 13-18 year old soccer players and can think of 20+ players just on my teams that would be an improvement in both areas.

well aren't you just awesome. wait...you're sitting on a message board, why? shouldn't you be restoring America's olympic gold or something?
Old 03-21-2007   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

:Sigh:

Last edited by Andrew6; 03-21-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: drunken stooper
Andrew6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
Scooter
Funky

yeah.

=)

Last edited by Scooter; 03-21-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read