Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: How would you feel if we Draft AD, and he misses 9 games due to injury??
The Texans should have known better with his history 5 25.00%
Mehh..... Can't wait 'till next year. 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2007   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default How would you feel, if we Draft AD??

... and he gets another "freak injury" & misses 9 games??

Would you be upset, and think, "The Texans should have known better with his history"

or Would you think, "meh... Can't wait 'till next year."
Old 03-20-2007   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default Re: How would you feel, if we Draft AD??

interesting question...on one hand i love the kids ability...trust me i've watched him first hand and he's everything you think he is...but the injury bug has been around him...now the questions are do you think these injuries are going to be re-occuring ones or are they fluke injuries

unfortunately for him the collar bone break was a bad one...at the RB position he's going to take plenty of hits on his shoulders and it's probably only a matter of time before it breaks again...that's the injury that scares me the most when talking about peterson...kinda would be interesting to find out how many runningbacks who had a similiar break that AD had continued their career's
Old 03-20-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if he gets a "freak" injury then...that sucks. he's not injury prone, so this question can be applied to any draft pick for any team and any player.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #4
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
interesting question...on one hand i love the kids ability...trust me i've watched him first hand and he's everything you think he is...but the injury bug has been around him...now the questions are do you think these injuries are going to be re-occuring ones or are they fluke injuries

unfortunately for him the collar bone break was a bad one...at the RB position he's going to take plenty of hits on his shoulders and it's probably only a matter of time before it breaks again...that's the injury that scares me the most when talking about peterson...kinda would be interesting to find out how many runningbacks who had a similiar break that AD had continued their career's
You know after you heal from a broken bone it actually is stronger than before because it forms a knot where the break occurred, so i would'nt worry about that. Just a little biology for Ya!
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

After I read key injury I chose C:

S*$& happens.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be pissed. It'd probably be another "freak" accident. Like Michael Bush last year..1st game of the season...something like that.

I was one of the few that voted 'we shoulda known'. Hate me if you want but if he misses the majority of the season I don't care why....he does...and our defense still sucks.

just my honest opinion....and i do know everyone can get hurt.

But if he makes it the whole season i'm soo thrilled. i'd love to have peterson. one reason i'm not too fond of Reggie Bush is because i think he may get injured easily...different reasons though. i was surprised he made it healthy through the whole season....minus a small ankle sprain....and the hamstring thing preseason. i just see bush getting injured with the way he plays, unfortunately.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read