Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2006   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Snippets from Carucci's 'Tuesday Huddle' (nfl.com)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9550080

more good news..puff pieces probably but always good to hear

Quote:
-- The Texans' selection of Gary Kubiak as their coach was made, in large part, because of his ability to make quarterbacks better. So far David Carr has shown significant improvement in his arm strength, accuracy and footwork in the pocket.
Quote:
•The Houston Texans are determined to make tight end a major component of their offense. They have two good ones in Mark Bruener and Jeb Putzier, whom new coach Gary Kubiak brought with him from Denver, as well as fourth-round draft pick Owen Daniels from Wisconsin. Another candidate at the position is Bennie Joppru, who has been sidelined by groin muscle and knee injuries since joining the Texans in 2003 as a second-round draft pick from Michigan. Joppru is healthy and expects to get a legitimate shot to stick with the new coaching regime, which, he told me, has helped create an unmistakably higher level of excitement within the team. "Last year at this time, there were probably about 10 guys down in Houston working out (at the team's facility)," Joppru said. "On (July 6), we had an optional run and 27 or 30 guys showed up for the run. There's a whole new attitude down there. We're all working hard. I think we're going to make our fans happy this year."
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome, make me happy.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
-- The Texans' selection of Gary Kubiak as their coach was made, in large part, because of his ability to make quarterbacks better. So far David Carr has shown significant improvement in his arm strength, accuracy and footwork in the pocket.
While this is an interesting and positive take, I can't put too much stock into what he's saying. After all, the only thing we're going on is off-season workouts, and we have yet to even hit training camp.

Carr's arm strength, accuracy and footwork in the pocket can only truly be tested when he's actually pressured by opposing players that want to take him out.

I'm encouraged by the positive comments being made by Kubiak and others, but honestly, the proof is in the pudding. And we don't get to taste any of that pudding for another month or so.
Old 07-11-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhh, some love from the media.
Old 07-11-2006   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
While this is an interesting and positive take, I can't put too much stock into what he's saying. After all, the only thing we're going on is off-season workouts, and we have yet to even hit training camp.

Carr's arm strength, accuracy and footwork in the pocket can only truly be tested when he's actually pressured by opposing players that want to take him out.

I'm encouraged by the positive comments being made by Kubiak and others, but honestly, the proof is in the pudding. And we don't get to taste any of that pudding for another month or so.
Squeeze the trigger on that peashooter and make him dance!!!!! Pressure him with soy products. No...he's from the Left Coast...
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #6
NoBullTexan
Veteran

....Still it is good to see the players buying into what Kubiak is selling. Believe me folks, we will to in another few weeks. Can't come soon enough for me.
Old 07-12-2006   #7
wrestler4life
Veteran

I am more concerned with his decision making than his arm strength and accuracy
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2006   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think it'll all fall into place this year for some of our veterans who where "under peforming" the past few years. David has the intangables that you can't coach someone to have so and I think the skills he was lacking Kubiak will be able to instill in him. He ought to be a totally different caliber of QB this year and I'm excited to see him in a new system that has a winning mentality.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read