Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2007   #1
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mel Kiper 3/19

Just finished watching ESPN and Kiper has us taking CB Leon Hall. He had us passing up Levi Brown and Jamaal Anderson. Laron Landry was taken 7th. Thought on this one?
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper 3/19

Wouldn't be terribly upset. I assume Quinn, Peterson are gone...Landry you said to Minnesota.

If we got Leon Hall first... I would go after Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd or a good FS sometime in the draft the think could start.

Dunta and Leon would be 2 awesome corners to have...but they still would need help over top is my thinking. This would solve our secondary problem for a long time and really cause some coverage sacks.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Nelson comes to us if we pass on Brown and Landry is gone. Or I could see us going with a WR.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Thought on this one?
Mel will have 3 more mocks prior to the draft, and have 3 different players go to the Texans. And if the Texans select a player Mel did not suggest, he will bash them without mercy. Such is the world according to Mel.
Old 03-19-2007   #5
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Reggie Nelson comes to us if we pass on Brown and Landry is gone. Or I could see us going with a WR.
What makes you think that? Leon Hall is a higher rated player than Nelson or any reciever remaining on the board.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Mel will have 3 more mocks prior to the draft, and have 3 different players go to the Texans. And if the Texans select a player Mel did not suggest, he will bash them without mercy. Such is the world according to Mel.
100% correct.
Old 03-19-2007   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

or if we happen to take a player that was mentioned in one of his many mocks... Dr ESPiN will mention many times how he was right.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2007   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

"Who the hell is Mel Kiper? My Mailman knows more about the draft than he does"

- Bill Tobin - Colts G.M. 1994

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love Leon Hall. I think he does more for shoring up a secondary than a safety. It would finally keep teams from switching their #1s to Faggins side of the field
Old 03-19-2007   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see passing on Jamaal Anderson.
Old 03-19-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I would love Leon Hall. I think he does more for shoring up a secondary than a safety. It would finally keep teams from switching their #1s to Faggins side of the field
I'll agree with you gtexan. I think the hall pick would be more of a long term solution to shoring up the secondary...we'd still need a FS to cover center field. I think Landry would be a better pick for more immediate results..he could help faggins out..and then get a cb in later rounds. But looking at dunta and leon as cb's....we could get a decent FS in FA or draft...just think of champ bailey and dre bly now.
Old 03-19-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I can't see passing on Jamaal Anderson.
Really ! BPA in that scenario, no doubt about it.
Too much of an opportunity to have the nucleus for a great DLine with both this guy and Mario.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #13
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Really ! BPA in that scenario, no doubt about it.
Too much of an opportunity to have the nucleus for a great DLine with both this guy and Mario.
Bookend DE's Jamaal And Mario. I like it.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NederlandTexan View Post
Bookend DE's Jamaal And Mario. I like it.
how many more years is on weaver's contract? Indeed Mario and Jamaal would be pretty scary.
Old 03-19-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
"Who the hell is Mel Kiper? My Mailman knows more about the draft than he does"

- Bill Tobin - Colts G.M. 1994
that was after tobin selected jeff george, right? oops.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
kiper rarely bashes teams. in fact, he's far more vanilla than he used to be.
Old 03-19-2007   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
that was after tobin selected jeff george, right? oops.
I looked it up and it says Trev Alberts, 5th overall.

Who the heck is Trev Alberts?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
kiper rarely bashes teams. in fact, he's far more vanilla than he used to be.
I guess you don't remember Kiper thrashing the Jags for taking Marcus Stroud over Kenyatta Walker?
Old 03-19-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I looked it up and it says Trev Alberts, 5th overall.

Who the heck is Trev Alberts?
oh that's right. the year prior it was george i believe, then the next year alberts. then kiper dropped the line where he said the colts will be bottomfeeders for a long time if they keep drafting like this. i love mel.

alberts was one of the analysts on ESPN's College Gameday for a while. he demanded a bigger contract and was fired. havent heard from him since.
Old 03-19-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess you don't remember Kiper thrashing the Jags for taking Marcus Stroud over Kenyatta Walker?
no i don't, but even if i did, that doesn't really go against my point. the first thing to pop into your head is something that happened what...4 years ago? i said "rarely" not "never" for a reason.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read