Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,991
Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

A National Football League player was cited for misdemeanor battery after he punched a league rival in the face Sunday night at a gaming table in the Palms, Las Vegas police said.

Linebacker Joey Porter, a longtime Pittsburgh Steeler who signed a five-year, $32 million deal with the Miami Dolphins this month, was cited for the brief fight he had with Levi Jones, an offensive tackle with the Cincinnati Bengals, in the casino about 6:55 p.m., Las Vegas police Lt. Kevin McMahill said.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../13262589.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

cool.

Although hitting a girl is a bit sissy.
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

lol, sweet.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #4
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Joey Porter is a nut....


And I love it !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 41
Posts: 6,016
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Here's PFT's take.

Quote:
The altercation started at a gaming table at the Palms casino.

Per an e-mail from a reader who claims to have witnessed the incident, "They started talking ****, Joey Porter saying he'll always be a Steeler. He showed off the Super Bowl ring and Jones got up to him, and Joey Porter pretty much kicked his ass . . . . Jones never got a shot in."
__________________
Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL
John McClain
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #6
AtheGreat
Veteran
 
AtheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: back row, far right
Posts: 345
Rep Power: 9 AtheGreat is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

man, if they're already in vegas, might as well done it for 5 more rounds and made some money off it. get HBO and Don King in this.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Here's PFT's take.
i love it.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2007   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,872
Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Yet another bengal adding to the "thug life" mentality that is Cincinati Pro football.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #9
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yet another bengal adding to the "thug life" mentality that is Cincinati Pro football.
Whenever a young black man has a fist fight he's labled a thug. Yeah I said it.

I think that's bull IMHO...

People have fist fights all the time, in all age groups, and every race. But becaue theses guys are young, well known black men, they get labled "thugs". Granted some of these guys are thugs, but I don't think we know enough about some of these athletes to assume they're thugs because of a freaking fist fight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Whenever a young black man has a fist fight he's labled a thug. Yeah I said it.

I think that's bull IMHO...

People have fist fights all the time, in all age groups, and every race. But becaue theses guys are young, well known black men, they get labled "thugs". Granted some of these guys are thugs, but I don't think we know enough about some of these athletes to assume they're thugs because of a freaking fist fight.
sounds like thugs to me!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,872
Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Whenever a young black man has a fist fight he's labled a thug. Yeah I said it.

I think that's bull IMHO...

People have fist fights all the time, in all age groups, and every race. But becaue theses guys are young, well known black men, they get labled "thugs". Granted some of these guys are thugs, but I don't think we know enough about some of these athletes to assume they're thugs because of a freaking fist fight.
I made that statement in reference to what the Cincinati Bengals players have been caught up in for the better part of a year. If it were a white guy i would have made the same statement, has nothing to do with both of the guys being black, jeez.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #12
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I made that statement in reference to what the Cincinati Bengals players have been caught up in for the better part of a year. If it were a white guy i would have made the same statement, has nothing to do with both of the guys being black, jeez.
I quoted you because you used the word "thugs"...I was making a general statement, because my reading comprehension is fairly good and I realize that you weren't calling anybody anything.

But I stick by what I wrote.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #13
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
sounds like thugs to me!
Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but assuming it wasn't...


Fist fight in your mind = thug ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #14
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame
 
TwinSisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my mind.
Posts: 1,470
Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I think that's bull IMHO...

Whenever a young black man has a fist fight he's labled a thug. Yeah I said it.
I don't agree.

Nalen, Romanowski, Wisniewski, Widell, Gogan, etc.

All thugs. None are black... but they might all be Polish or something.
__________________
First of all you should always take the best player-Polian.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #15
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
I don't agree.

Nalen, Romanowski, Wisniewski, Widell, Gogan, etc.

All thugs. None are black... but they might all be Polish or something.
None of those guys were called "thugs" or associated with "thug life" or being a "gangster"...

I'm not asking you to agree. I'm telling you how it is.

If a young black athlete does something wrong...fist fight, drugs...whatever...He's called a thug...

No other race is.

I'm not really going to debate it, and I'll pretty much leave this topic alone because I don't want to get into it, just adding my two cents.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but assuming it wasn't...


Fist fight in your mind = thug ?
yeah i was busting your balls actually because of the oversimplified look at things, but that seems to be your thing.

ya see, this "thug" label is applied anytime there's "thuggish" behavior. "thuggish" means a very aggressive behavior, and always in a group. this is why these NBA fights are called "thuggish" because it's a bunch of dudes ganging up and throwing hands. that's why he called the bengals "thuggish" because it's almost a group-mentality with all of their crazy antics. if there's just a fistfight between two guys, whatever.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #17
michaelm
vox nihili
 
michaelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 648
Age: 48
Posts: 5,669
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

_



http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thug


_
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame
 
kastofsna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,438
Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
None of those guys were called "thugs" or associated with "thug life" or being a "gangster"...

I'm not asking you to agree. I'm telling you how it is.

If a young black athlete does something wrong...fist fight, drugs...whatever...He's called a thug...

No other race is.

I'm not really going to debate it, and I'll pretty much leave this topic alone because I don't want to get into it, just adding my two cents.
another wonderful "what i'm saying is the gospel, what you say is meaningless, and i'm not saying anything else" post from xtru. you're a genius sir.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,872
Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
That is total garbage right there. I suppose there's a suburbia dictionary on the web.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #20
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Porter & Bengals OLineman in Vegas Casino Dust-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah i was busting your balls actually because of the oversimplified look at things, but that seems to be your thing.

ya see, this "thug" label is applied anytime there's "thuggish" behavior. "thuggish" means a very aggressive behavior, and always in a group. this is why these NBA fights are called "thuggish" because it's a bunch of dudes ganging up and throwing hands. that's why he called the bengals "thuggish" because it's almost a group-mentality with all of their crazy antics. if there's just a fistfight between two guys, whatever.
Guess I am going to get into it...

You're making stuff up as you go along....sorta writting your own "rule" book....



Why aren't baseball players considered "thugs" when they have bench clearing brawls ?

Why aren't hockey players considered "thugs" when they fight, and almost kill eachother on the ice ?

Why is it that only the two perdominitely Black sports, get players labled as thugs when they have mis-haps with the law ?

I think you need to look up the definition of "thug" in the dictionary.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger