Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2007   #1
Gman84
Rookie

Default Ok, another question

Thanks for the feedback in the other thread I started.

Now, another question. Which young and/or back-up players do you feel could step forward and make an impact for the Texans in 2007?
Gman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok, another question

I think if Charles Spencer is healthy, he should contribute at LT and i am hoping Eric W will continue to develope at RT

If we don't draft a RB I am hoping Taylor has worked hard in the offseason and can push Dayne and Green for playing time
(big wish though eventhough I like the kid)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #3
UHHEAVEN
Rookie

Vonta Leach!!!!!
UHHEAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #4
real

I like our whole draft class from last year + Chris Taylor
Old 03-19-2007   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this isn't what you meant, but I expect much more out of Mario this year. The foot problem was understandable for one year, but one year only.

Leach
Lundy--possibly
Spencer
Winston
Peterson

Kalil

Obviously, we hope that Ryans and Daniels keep it up.

PS-Geez, I forgot Taylor.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #6
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

isn't someone on this site the father of C.Taylor...or is that on texanstalk??
Old 03-19-2007   #7
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic

Babin and Mathis I would love to see them step up and live to there potential.

Babin 1st round pick that needs to stand out and start on all downs.

Mathis maybe a decent 2 receiver if he would just run better routes and learn to catch.

I know that these probably won't happen but its what I would hope would happen.

I would also like to see Glenn Earl live up to the expectations that would have made him a #1 draft choice if he hadn't gotten injured his senior year.

Last edited by Theoridic; 03-20-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: another thought
Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman84 View Post

Now, another question. Which young and/or back-up players do you feel could step forward and make an impact for the Texans in 2007?
Rival fans are coming in and creating better threads than our fan base right now...rep for u. At least they are coming from somewhere?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman84 View Post

I think that last year's draft class can make big strides this year. In addition, I believe that this year's draft class should make an impact as well.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

In all honesty I would say Kevin Walter, J Mathis or Charlie Adams will have to step up because right now as it is the Texans do not have a number 2 WR. Unless one is taken in the second round I do not think one will be had in the draft. Right now I am not sure if one will is out there in FA, or in a June cut either.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #11
Gamehorn25
Veteran

The position that we need to make big strides is at Center. We haven't had a good one in our history. We have three backups at center, where is the starter. Granted that I don't see a lot of the Texans, from what I have seen we need major help at center, maybe one of them will step up above the others, and we will finally start winning
Old 03-20-2007   #12
Crazyhorse
Rookie

I'd like to say that both Winston and Spencer will make a huge impact from the tackle positions and elevate the running game, but I'm still waiting and hoping that Spencer is back and can play like before the injury. I guess we will have to wait and see on that one but baring injury Winston should have a huge impact at the tackle position which ever side it happens to be.
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #13
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

winston and spencer for sure...we need a C (RYAN KALIL anyone)
Old 03-20-2007   #14
texas mopar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
winston and spencer for sure...we need a C (RYAN KALIL anyone)
I sure like what I've seen on Kalil,he looks like he could be good in the NFL!!
Old 03-20-2007   #15
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas mopar View Post
I sure like what I've seen on Kalil,he looks like he could be good in the NFL!!
I agree. He looks great. I think he will be as good as Nick Mangold.
Old 03-20-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Travis Johnson.
Old 03-20-2007   #17
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
Travis Johnson.
LOL, only if he wants to be playing in the NFL next year. He better get it going and quick... What a 1st round flop he has been...
Old 03-20-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
LOL, only if he wants to be playing in the NFL next year. He better get it going and quick... What a 1st round flop he has been...
exactly... think he'll be a training camp casualty?
Old 03-20-2007   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
exactly... think he'll be a training camp casualty?
Very possible. I don't understand what went wrong with this guy. He was pretty good in college and the highest rated DT coming out that year IIRC. He is either lazy, just an underachiever, or doesn't care. Then again, maybe all 3. I boo'd his pick that year as many other did. We had 2 players of need on the board and C/C gambled and lost on both of em. Now look what we got...
Old 03-20-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Travis Johnson.
That took some guts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read