Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2007   #1
texansfan4life
Rookie

Default green i want ap

if you think we are really doin good please ppl we need adrian i watch green today on nfl replay and iam still waiting on him to do something please rick not be ccjr all these wash up players is'nt what we need we need young legs lundy please iam tierd of this really tailgate and then get beat up iam tierd of it.
texansfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: green i want ap

uhhhh what?
Old 03-18-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

there wasn't a single punctuation in that entire post. not to be the "how many messageboarders does it take to change a lightbulb" guy, but wow thats tough to make ANY sense out of
Old 03-18-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan4life View Post
if you think we are really doin good please ppl we need adrian i watch green today on nfl replay and iam still waiting on him to do something please rick not be ccjr all these wash up players is'nt what we need we need young legs lundy please iam tierd of this really tailgate and then get beat up iam tierd of it.
Translated: I don't know how y'all think we're doing well thus far in free agency, however, it's painfully obvious we need Adrian Peterson, the RB from Oklahoma. I watched Ahman Green from the Green Bay Packers on NFL Replay and I am still waiting on him to do something amazing (what?). Please Rick, do not be like Charley Casserly, Jr., don't sign all these washed-up players, it is not what we need. We need younger players ala Wali Ludy. I am so tired of going out and tail-gating and then watching us lose the game. I also would like a hooked-on-phonics book and a 2nd receiver.

Last edited by TheIronDuke; 03-18-2007 at 10:18 PM.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I am going to venture a guess here...On NFL Netork, Ahman Green said he wants Adrian Peterson? He then made a vague reference to "ccjr", which I would take to mean Casserly passing on Reggie. Ok, great!

Oh, and he is tired of loosing...I think.
Old 03-18-2007   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

This message looks like it was written after some serious tailgating...
Old 03-18-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

If you read his post backwards it says, "Paul is dead."
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2007   #8
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re-translation: I watched NFL Replay today, and Ahman Green says we need Adrian Peterson, the unstoppable force from Oklahoma. Rick, please do not be Charley Casserly Jr., all these washed-up players is not what we need. Wali Lundy? Please. I am sick-and-tired of spending my hard-earned money going to the games and tailgating to watch us lose.

*I think this is more accurate*
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I need you Obi-Wan Kenobi,
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i may be sober, but for some reason, i agree.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Damn Bandwagon, you gots skills.

I bet you could net six figures in Baghdad easy.
Old 03-18-2007   #12
Nicky Santoro
Rookie

Translation:

If you all think that we are improving this team so far this offseason, you are all sadly mistaken. We, the Texans, desperately need a man like Adrian Peterson to lead our team. I am currently watching an old Packers game on NFL Replay which is a show on NFL Network, and of the parts that I have so far witnessed, Ahman Green has failed to impress.
Please, current Texans GM Rick Smith, do not follow the foul path of former Texans GM Charley Casserly. This team does not need players in the twilight of their usefulness. Wali Lundy? Please. I find myself growing weary of this sad, sad routine. I take time from my life to celebrate the Texans by getting drunk and eating over-cooked meat in the parking lot, and then go inside the stadium to watch the Texans defeated once again on their own gridiron.

I faier I meiay bea goying insyayn.
Old 03-18-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Translated: I don't know how y'all think we're doing well thus far in free agency, however, it's painfully obvious we need Adrian Peterson, the RB from Oklahoma. I watched Ahman Green from the Green Bay Packers on NFL Replay and I am still waiting on him to do something amazing (what?). Please Rick, do not be like Charley Casserly, Jr., don't sign all these washed-up players, it is not what we need. We need younger players ala Wali Ludy. I am so tired of going out and tail-gating and then watching us lose the game. I also would like a hooked-on-phonics book and a 2nd receiver.
Heh.

I might add. Typically, Denver in their best teams has liked to have both young and old running backs on their team. They usually start the older ones first, and then the younger ones get increased playing time based on performance, or more often injury to the older guy.

Clinton Portis, as a second round pick, didn't get serious PT until the guy in front of him went down to injury.

Last year, the Texans had trouble following that sort of game plan because DD was going to be their experienced guy and couldn't go. Smith was then the experienced guy but didn't have enough juice to make the team. They tried to get various experienced guys preseason but the price was too high. Then we went to battle with a bunch of inexperienced guys and it was clear at the beginning of the season that wasn't working. They grabbed Dayne and Gado, but Dayne was still turf toed, and both hadn't taken many snaps with the team.

In other words it was a cluster.

Team needs experience and youth in their RBs. If AP is there at 8, it would non surprise me if he is taken, even though Green and Dayne are signed.
Old 03-18-2007   #14
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear ya, I think we are all tired of getting beat up

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is obviously in code... and can only be broken after an 18 pack of beer.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #16
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Heh.

I might add. Typically, Denver in their best teams has liked to have both young and old running backs on their team. They usually start the older ones first, and then the younger ones get increased playing time based on performance, or more often injury to the older guy.

Clinton Portis, as a second round pick, didn't get serious PT until the guy in front of him went down to injury.

Last year, the Texans had trouble following that sort of game plan because DD was going to be their experienced guy and couldn't go. Smith was then the experienced guy but didn't have enough juice to make the team. They tried to get various experienced guys preseason but the price was too high. Then we went to battle with a bunch of inexperienced guys and it was clear at the beginning of the season that wasn't working. They grabbed Dayne and Gado, but Dayne was still turf toed, and both hadn't taken many snaps with the team.

In other words it was a cluster.

Team needs experience and youth in their RBs. If AP is there at 8, it would non surprise me if he is taken, even though Green and Dayne are signed.

well put. props coming your way.
Old 03-18-2007   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I tried replying to this the same way it was typed but I don't have those types of mad skillz yo. So my answer to this is "Yes"

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Tust me........ 18 ain't enough.
Old 03-19-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected this to be a quote of Ahman Green saying he wanted us to draft Adrian Peterson......what a let down this was. The title makes no sense. This is quite possibly the worst thread i've ever seen started.

and I fell bad when I don't capitalize 'i' or put the oppostrophy (sp!?) on dont. lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #20
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Not to be argumentative, but I'm not sure this is true. I currently meet all of the prerequisites, and I have no clue what he said.

Maybe I should fine tune my internal translator with another Newcastle or two and reprocess the original post...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read