Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-18-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foxsports:Texans select brown

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...0813162&ATT=23

i'd be ticked if we didn't trade down in this scenario esp with Landry and Peterson still there at #8

that is plain charliesque
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foxsports:Texans select brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...0813162&ATT=23

i'd be ticked if we didn't trade down in this scenario esp with Landry and Peterson still there at #8

that is plain charliesque
That mock is forever to be named "corky" and is destined to drool over a vat of fry grease.

If Peterson's there, we're getting him. Bob McNair sez so....just not publically.
Old 03-18-2007   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

why would you be upset? he's obviously the 2nd best OT in the draft and the fall off after him is so great its not even worth mentioning.

considering our o-line he would be the equivalent of taking landry for the secondary.
Old 03-18-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
why would you be upset? he's obviously the 2nd best OT in the draft and the fall off after him is so great its not even worth mentioning.

considering our o-line he would be the equivalent of taking landry for the secondary.
i think for the talent that is left we could trade down
Old 03-18-2007   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
i think for the talent that is left we could trade down
honestly this is not a talented draft after about 3 players.

Unless we get CJ,AP, or JT i feel like anyone we take at 8 in most other years would be a mid to late first rounder at best.

At this point i'm more in favor of going for the gusto and moving up but highly doubt that will happen.

Beyond that though staying at 8 and getting a possible franchise LT. How can we really be mad at that considering we've NEVER had one???? The battle is won up front and given we are about to ask an over the hill Green to be something he hasn't been in years. I'd think it would make sense for us to give him the biggest holes possible.
Old 03-18-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

for all the complaning about the o-line you guys have had over the years, this would be a beautiful pick.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
for all the complaning about the o-line you guys have had over the years, this would be a beautiful pick.
heres to that bro

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
you probably right, and I am hoping Spencer can come back.

for LT is the bermuda triangle for the Texans
Old 03-18-2007   #9
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

what is this fool smoking? AD falling to 12...as fat joe says CRACK CRACK CRACK...btw i tried to post this but my server messed up so I can't post new threads...i've been trying for 2 days lol
Old 03-19-2007   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well personally I think we are set at tackle. With Jordan Black, a starter at LT backing up Spencer, and Salaam backing up Winston. I guess the only question is will Spencer be ready.

I think we could use a guard like Blalock, or Grubbs in the 2nd round, really, really bad.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Well personally I think we are set at tackle. With Jordan Black, a starter at LT backing up Spencer, and Salaam backing up Winston. I guess the only question is will Spencer be ready.

I think we could use a guard like Blalock, or Grubbs in the 2nd round, really, really bad.

Other way around IMO, we are set at guard.

Jordan Black is an insurance policy incase 1. We don't for some reason go T in the first two selections 2. In case Spencer doesn't come back healthy.

Good left tackles aren't let go and specially, though i like the price we signed him for, not that price. I like Winston at RT though and before the injury it did look like we had our bookend T's. I do hope Kalil falls into the second for us though as well
Old 03-19-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we still need help along the oline. Kalil is a must for me at C..to continue the youth along the line and having a C than can actually play it.

I don't see us really needing to spend a 1st round pick on LT/RT with the amount of holes we have elsewhere. I think we can get a better player than Levi at 8 that will fit a big need. if spencer can be healthy next season we'll be fine on the oline...not great but fine...still in need of help each year though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #13
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ole Miss,
I like your signature. As a Longhorn grad, it just feels strange that I want an OU guy on my team. But if you're nickname is AD, what the hell. We won anyways. Hook em!
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone really think the oo-line is the corner stone of this team.

Get real, lets develop a line on both sides of the ball to make this a winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Specnatz; 03-19-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #15
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Edit: Was a little hot headed in my first post. I don't have a problem with drafting Brown in the 1st, I do have a problem with drafting Brown in the top 10. Any other year he would be 2nd to 3rd round talent yet this year so many seem to see him as a top 10 pick just because he is the 2nd best OLT in THIS years draft.

Last edited by Exithios; 03-19-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Edit: Was a little hot headed in my first post. I don't have a problem with drafting Brown in the 1st, I do have a problem with drafting Brown in the top 10. Any other year he would be 2nd to 3rd round talent yet this year so many seem to see him as a top 10 pick just because he is the 2nd best OLT in THIS years draft.
Levi Brown is as good if not a better prospect than Jordan Gross (#8th overall 03) & Jammal Brown (#13 overall 05) so take that range 8-13 roughly as fair market value. its not such a huge reach @ #8

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #17
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think we still need help along the oline. Kalil is a must for me at C..to continue the youth along the line and having a C than can actually play it.

I don't see us really needing to spend a 1st round pick on LT/RT with the amount of holes we have elsewhere. I think we can get a better player than Levi at 8 that will fit a big need. if spencer can be healthy next season we'll be fine on the oline...not great but fine...still in need of help each year though.
You can get a cheaper Center in Dan Mozes with very similar talent in the 3rd round.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
how in the world can you justify him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder? and just because he's the 2nd best LT in a relatively weak class doesn't mean he's going to automatically be top 10. that's ridiculous. the 2nd T wasn't drafted till the second round last year. you wanna know why brown is being looked at as a top 10 pick? because he's a TOP 10 PLAYER.
Old 03-19-2007   #19
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
how in the world can you justify him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder? and just because he's the 2nd best LT in a relatively weak class doesn't mean he's going to automatically be top 10. that's ridiculous. the 2nd T wasn't drafted till the second round last year. you wanna know why brown is being looked at as a top 10 pick? because he's a TOP 10 PLAYER.
I'll admit, maybe I was being a tad bit sarcastic in stating that he is 2nd to 3rd round talent. I do still stand by the fact that I smell another Robert Gallery though. I don't like his work ethic (or lack there-of) and don't see him being a talent worthy of the #8 over-all.

If we do take him at the #8 spot and he does pan out to be worthy of the pick, I will be right back on these boards to openly admit I was wrong. I am pretty confident that I won't have to though.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

basically no similarities to gallery.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read