Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player Numbers-Position

Could someone clarify for me what jersey numbers are available for which positions please? I've got the gist of it i think..

QB- 1-19
WR- 80's, Teens
P/K-1-9

-I saw ahman green now has #30. (my boy landry would have to choose another number...lol)

-Domanick Williams is now #31. Does anyone know why he changed from #37?

Also, how does it work when a player come onto a team..via Trade/FA/Draft and really wants a certain number...one they wore on their last team or in college

For example. Peterson wore 28 in college. say we drafted him and he wanted to wear 28 really bad in the pros. Chris McKenzie currently is #28. Would peterson have to pay mckenzie $ in order to take the number? or if they are cool with it do they just give the number up?

sorry just thought it was always kinda interesting.

let's stay off the topic of petitioning the nfl for a certain position to be able to wear a certain number.....lol (don't ask if you don't get)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player Numbers-Position

QB's, Placekickers, and Punters: 1-19.
Wide Receivers: 10-19, 80-89
Running backs and defensive backs: 20-49
Offensive Lineman: 50-79
Linebackers: 50-59 and 90-99
Defensive linemen: 60-79 and 90-99
Tight ends: 80-89 or 40-49 if all 80's are taken
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #3
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Could someone clarify for me what jersey numbers are available for which positions please? I've got the gist of it i think..

QB- 1-19
WR- 80's, Teens
P/K-1-9

-I saw ahman green now has #30. (my boy landry would have to choose another number...lol)

Also, how does it work when a player come onto a team..via Trade/FA/Draft and really wants a certain number...one they wore on their last team or in college

For example. Peterson wore 28 in college. say we drafted him and he wanted to wear 28 really bad in the pros. Chris McKenzie currently is #28. Would peterson have to pay mckenzie $ in order to take the number? or if they are cool with it do they just give the number up?

sorry just thought it was always kinda interesting.

let's stay off the topic of petitioning the nfl for a certain position to be able to wear a certain number.....lol (don't ask if you don't get)
Same is true with Landry if he is drafted, then he will be taking Green's #30!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Well pencil I thought a TE could also use a teen now because they are considered a recv?

If for arguements sake, the team drafted Joe Thomas, and he wanted 69, Pitts number, there would be a deal made between the players or Pitts would just give it up. I have heard of star players giving up a Rolex to a player for a number.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #5
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
Are they planning on keeping DW?
Old 03-18-2007   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
whatever..no rookie comes in and asks a guy like green to give up his number. landry takes another number until green leaves and if/when landry comes to Houston.

fyi--if we take a safety in the first it will be reggie nelson after a trade down.
Old 03-18-2007   #7
texun
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
whatever..no rookie comes in and asks a guy like green to give up his number. landry takes another number until green leaves and if/when landry comes to Houston.

fyi--if we take a safety in the first it will be reggie nelson after a trade down.
Correct. Veterans don't have to give up their numbers. If someone else comes in and wants a number held by a current player on that team, it is worked out between the individual players involved - usually through some sort of barter.
texun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2007   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
It makes him feel faster. The 1 is more aerodynamic than the 7.

Don't forget that Green's 30 was Simmons' 30 a couple of weeks ago. Simmons is now wearing 32.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
It makes him feel faster. The 1 is more aerodynamic than the 7.

Don't forget that Green's 30 was Simmons' 30 a couple of weeks ago. Simmons is now wearing 32.
hahaha thats awesome. yea i thought 30 was already taken.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he was #31 in college, but when we drafted him Aaron Glenn was #31 I believe, so he took #37.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well pencil I thought a TE could also use a teen now because they are considered a recv?
You could be right but I believe TE's are not considered Receivers, per se.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League
http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...mbersystem.htm

The About.com link doesn't allow the tight ends to use the 40-49 range which is wrong (e.g., Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark). Otherwise they match.

OTOH, they might allow Cooley and Clark to be defined as H-Backs and therefore they're running backs and not TE's. But I don't think that's right.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

On there official site Clark is listed as a TE. So I have no clue.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read