Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-22-2004   #1
Low Life
Rookie

Default Jags vs Colts???

Who do we cheer for? I'm confused
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't. You hope they beat each other up real good and then get served when they play us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Colts....I still hate the Jags.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I'm with the 'hope they beat each other up' movement..

Didn't realize if the Jags win Sunday that they take a game lead in the division. < how does that happen?
Interesting articles they've written at their official website. They've got the Texans on their minds too.

"At 4-2, the Jaguars would claim a half-game lead in the AFC South title race with a win over the 4-1 Colts. Right behind the Jaguars are the 3-3 Texans, who are idle this week and will host the Jaguars the following week.

Critical games? You bet they are. This is a two-game stretch of schedule that could produce two extremes: With wins in Indianapolis and Houston, the Jaguars could cruise into their bye week with the AFC South firmly in their control. Two losses, of course, would bury the Jaguars' division title hopes and would strike a major blow to the team's wild-card playoff hopes."

http://www.jaguars.com/story/3961.asp
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts win this game by at least 10 points.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts are clearly the best team in this division. I'm pulling for the Jags. Besides, I'd rather play them coming off a win than a loss.
couldn't have said it better myself.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #7
Bizzle
Rookie

I think the Colts will win by a large margin, but this season has been so strange who knows what will happen. However I hope the Jags win as Peyton is one of my most despised players in the game.
Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2004   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are 4-1 and the Jags are 4-2. I've gotta root for the Jags to win here. The best thing to happen here would be the Jags win and then get kicked around by the Texans next week. Then, you've got Texans 4-3, Jags 5-3, and Colts 4-3 or 5-2(depends on week 8). Besides, the Colts are the favorite in this division.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-22-2004 at 05:47 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #9
Low Life
Rookie

Default thanks...

i think that i like vinny's logic on this one. i'll be hoping for a jags win this sunday.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

evidently my orginal post is out there somewhere floating in cyber space, but here is the jest- http://www.jaguars.com/story/3969.asp

this may not be the best game of the weekend (Pats/Jets) but it should mean the most with both teams divisional foes. Interesting mix of views seems some just hate the Jags others want parity in the Texans division (excluding the Texans of course). I see the Colts making a statement, and I don't think its going to help the Jags beat Houston the following week either. Therefore GO COLTS. Next week the Texans beat the Jags & we're in 2nd place in the division and in playoff contention.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #11
Doom Capers
Veteran

I would say, root for the Colts. We all know the Colts will win this division. So why not let them beat the Jags so they have another division loss. The Jags are our competition for a wild card. Lets hope they lose every game.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a no brainer. You cheer for the Colts because they are the best team in the Division and will win the Division. Meanwhile, hang a loss on the Jags and they fall to 4-3 coming into Battle Red Day and if we beat them, we will climb over them in the standings. Bottom line if the Jags lose to the Colts and Texans in consecutive weeks, we'll be alone in 2nd place in the division at 4-3 after Week 8 and right in the middle of the wild card race. Root for the Jags tomorrow and you are rooting for two teams to be ahead of you after Week 8 instead of one.

Last edited by aj.; 10-23-2004 at 08:40 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #14
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Root for the Jags tomorrow and you are rooting for two teams to be ahead of you after Week 8 instead of one.-aj
If we were playing for second place that would make sense. We are playing for first place in the division after week 10 though. If Jags beat Indy, division leaders would be one game ahead of us. Then the Jags come to Houston and lose to us, then they go into a bye week. We play Denver the week after the Jags. Denver is a tough game for us to win, especially in their house. But stretch your imaginiation and say we win that one. That puts us tied with Jags but ahead of them due to tiebreaking head to head competition. THEN we play Indy who is only one game ahead, but we beat them, that puts us tied but once again in First place due to head to head competition.

Yeah I know, three wins in a row, especially against Denver AND Indy, and all that blah blah blah. But then again, who the heck plays for second place??
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Realistically I don't think we have a shot at winning the division and every game the Jags and Titans lose helps our effort to rise in the AFC South standings.

If we finish second in the division this year, that would mean we are in the hunt for a wild card until the end and it would be a huge boost entering Year 4.

Sure, I'd love to win the division but I don't see that happening. The Colts are going to slip a few times along the line, maybe even to us once, but where they are sitting now I think 10-6 is the low end for them and 9-7 is probably the high end for us.

So...I'm rooting against the Hags today because I want to jump them in the standings sooner rather than later. Plus, if the Jags lose today, that's 2 division losses for them and it gives us a chance to go three games up in the division loss column on them with a win on Battle Red Day. Carpe Diem. Get up on them as much as you can so we've still got cushion over them when we go in there for what will be a tough tough Week 16 matchup.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #16
texansfan88
All Pro

yeah, right now, i'm aiming for the 6th wildcard spot. If Tennesee loses today and Jacksonville loses today, that puts us in a good position going into next week. Heres some games to watch that have some impact on the texans this week:

Philly (5-0) @ Cleveland (3-3)
Tennessee (2-4) @ Minnesota (4-1)
Jacksonville (4-2) @ Indy (4-1)
Buffalo (1-4) @ Baltimore (3-2)
San Diego (3-3) @ Carolina (1-4)
New Orleans (2-4) @ Oakland (2-4)

Here's how I see the wild card standings looking after this week in the AFC

Jacksonville (4-3)
Baltimore (4-3)
San Diego (4-3)
Houston (3-3)
Cleveland (3-4)
Oakland (3-4)
Tennessee (2-5)

Here is next weeks schedule with projected new records

Baltimore (4-3) @ Philly (6-0)
Jacksonville (4-3) @ Houston (3-3)
Cincinnati (1-5) @ Tennessee (2-5)
Oakland (3-4) @ San Diego (4-3)
Cleveland (BYE)

Projected wildcard standings coming out of next week

Houston (4-3)
Baltimore (4-4)
Jacksonville (4-4)
San Diego (4-4)
Oakland (4-4)
Cleveland (3-4)
Tennessee (3-5)

Each team will get to control their own destiny down the stretch
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Isnt it a little too early to be looking at Wildcard spots???

I am a Peyton Manning fan so I am rooting for the Colts, but, like Vinny said, I would much rather face the Jags after a win...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #18
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Isnt it a little too early to be looking at Wildcard spots???

I am a Peyton Manning fan so I am rooting for the Colts, but, like Vinny said, I would much rather face the Jags after a win...
In other years, yes. This year seems different however. There are a bunch of really good teams and a bunch of really bad teams. But why am i sitting here explaining my reasoning to you? you contradict everything
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #19
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
In other years, yes. This year seems different however. There are a bunch of really good teams and a bunch of really bad teams. But why am i sitting here explaining my reasoning to you? you contradict everything
Awwwwwww .. to be 16 again, and be an absolute expert on EVERYTHING.
Aside from 88 ...most everyone else goes thru a learning process.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
you contradict everything
I dont contradict that...

One thing I can see that we can do against the Jags is use Billy Miller and/or Mark Bruener on seam routes...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read