Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2007   #1
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Draft Countdown Updated

That was a quick update....http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The new mock has us picking:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Demarcus Tyler
3. Marshal Yanda

I don't like it. I also don't think we'll draft Peterson even if he falls now that we have Dayne and Green. If he does, I'm sure we'll get some trade offers from Green Bay and Buffalo. Though if Green Bay trades their 2nd rounder for Moss, that could dispell any deal from happening.

Don't know anything about this Yanda character, but I think there's better options available in later rounds. Reuniting Tyler and Mario would be interesting but I wouldn't pass on Meriweather or Quentin Moses for him.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: NFL Draft Countdown Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
That was a quick update....http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The new mock has us picking:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Demarcus Tyler
3. Marshal Yanda

I don't like it. I also don't think we'll draft Peterson even if he falls now that we have Dayne and Green. If he does, I'm sure we'll get some trade offers from Green Bay and Buffalo. Though if Green Bay trades their 2nd rounder for Moss, that could dispell any deal from happening.

Don't know anything about this Yanda character, but I think there's better options available in later rounds. Reuniting Tyler and Mario would be interesting but I wouldn't pass on Meriweather or Quentin Moses for him.
I would absolutely love it if our 1st 3 rounds went LaRon Landry/Sidney Rice/Eric Wright or LaRon Landry/Marcus McCauley/Steve Smith
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #3
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i have a feeling if peterson falls we will be getting an extra second rounder.
Old 03-17-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

washington taking carriker. i like that move.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #5
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
washington taking carriker. i like that move.
Isn't that the guy in your avatar? Our is that someone else?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-17-2007   #6
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
i have a feeling if peterson falls we will be getting an extra second rounder.
I'm all for more draft picks. I'd love if we got:

1. Chris Houston/ Darrelle Revis CB
2a. Brandon Meriweather FS
2b. Rufus Alexander LB
3. Brandon Mebane DT

4. David Ball WR
5. Mario Henderson OT
6. Justin Medlock K
7. BPA
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #7
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I'm all for more draft picks. I'd love if we got:

1. Chris Houston/ Darrelle Revis CB
2a. Brandon Meriweather FS
2b. Rufus Alexander LB
3. Brandon Mebane DT

4. David Ball WR
5. Mario Henderson OT
6. Justin Medlock K
7. BPA
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
Isn't that the guy in your avatar? Our is that someone else?
yeah it is.
Old 03-17-2007   #9
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
yeah it is.
Who was the person in your avatar before Carriker?
Old 03-17-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

scott bradley, LB from nebraska.
Old 03-18-2007   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Cherry pickin it.

1. Trade Down - Michael Griffin -S-Texas
2. Marcus McCauley -CB-Fresno St.
2. Drew Stanton -QB-Michigan St.
3. Samson Satele -C-Hawaii
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I can't see us passing on Peterson if he is there. I also can't see him being there even if Cleveland doesn't take him, because someone will trade up with the Redskins to nab him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #13
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like this mock at all. AD is fine, but Tyler and Yanda? Both were beaten regularly at the Senior Bowl against top competition, so I think I'd pass considering some of the other players available. Without trading and only looking at players still available according to this mock I would rather have:
1. Peterson or Landry
2. Meriweather, Charles Johnson, Rice, McCauley, or Gonzalez
3. David Irons, Datish, Troy Smith, Jason Hill, or Bazuin

Last edited by TexanAddict; 03-20-2007 at 10:07 AM.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

just because they were beaten at the senior bowl doesn't mean they aren't good picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Old 03-19-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Clash I like your mock in your signature. This is what I'd do with who was available in their mock...

1- Adrian Peterson RB
2- Brandon Meriweather FS
3- Aundrae Allison WR
4- Kevin Kolb QB

If Peterson is gone I'd love this....

1-Laron Landry FS
2-Ryan Kalil C
3-Aundrae Allison WR
4-Kevin Kolb QB

Rest of draft maybe OL, CB, DL
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #16
amazingandre
All Pro

why do people still feel kalil is there in the second rd?????no way!!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
Why do some people feel peterson or quinn will be there at 8????!!!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #18
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Clash I like your mock in your signature. This is what I'd do with who was available in their mock...

1- Adrian Peterson RB
2- Brandon Meriweather FS
3- Aundrae Allison WR
4- Kevin Kolb QB

If Peterson is gone I'd love this....

1-Laron Landry FS
2-Ryan Kalil C
3-Aundrae Allison WR
4-Kevin Kolb QB

Rest of draft maybe OL, CB, DL
Thank you, I like yours as well. If we could get Merriweather AND Peterson... Also like the Landry/Kalil scenario. Basically if we get Landry, Nelson, Merriweather, or even Griffin (although he is a SS), I will be ecstatic!
Old 03-20-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
actually it's completely possible. in fact, i'm pretty sure he'll be there waiting for you guys.
Old 03-20-2007   #20
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
actually it's completely possible. in fact, i'm pretty sure he'll be there waiting for you guys.
I hope he will be there waiting with open arms
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read