Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2007   #1
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper draft

Not sureon what the rules are about posting content from ESPN insider but Kiper has released a new Mock draft and it is surprising to say the least.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...mel&id=2796978

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
2. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
4. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
5. Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
6. Washington - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
7. Minnesota - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
8. Houston - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
9. Miami - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
10. Atlanta - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
11. San Francisco - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
12. Buffalo - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
13. St. Louis - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
14. Carolina - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (Fla.)
15. Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida State

I only post the first 15 because of some of the changes that have taken place. This is the only draft I have seen with Hall (CB) moving into the top ten.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper draft

kiper is the only one still thinking jarrett is a top 15 pick.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

You aren't suppost to post Insider articles because its a pay site.
Old 03-17-2007   #4
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

This is pretty much the worst case scenario to me. I'd much rather have Alan Branch or Okoye than Hall even if DB is a bigger need...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the thing about leon hall is that i think he is better suited for the zone defense...i don't see him as a true lock down corner...definetly would prefer chris houston if we were going to go that route...and if this is the case i would pretty much prefer to go with okoye over hall...but i'd probably take houston over both of those guys
Old 03-17-2007   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
the thing about leon hall is that i think he is better suited for the zone defense...i don't see him as a true lock down corner...definetly would prefer chris houston if we were going to go that route...and if this is the case i would pretty much prefer to go with okoye over hall...but i'd probably take houston over both of those guys
maybe the texans will surprise us again by takin a CB that no one has at the top 10, just like dunta

d-rob and houston would be a good combo
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there will be a nice CB option in the second or third. I can't imagine passing up a DT like Branch or Okoye for Leon Hall when there are players like the Cal Poly kid, Aaron Ross, Daymeon Hughes and others that will be available in a later round.

Of course, we could go Marcus Thomas if we want a DT in the second.

What I don't get is how Kiper thinks the Bills will pass on Marshawn Lynch with no RB's on their roster worth starting.
Old 03-17-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
What I don't get is how Kiper thinks the Bills will pass on Marshawn Lynch with no RB's on their roster worth starting.
Good point.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #9
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper does things like that alot. He seems to have an agenda with certain players where he attempts to personally boost a players value. he tends to do it from players that come from big programs. Maybe he's getting payed off or maybe I am just paranoid, but I have seen a trend over the last few years. If I remember correctly he was the first to put Lendale White in the top 5 last year going to the Jets if I remember correctly. Anyway take Kiper with a grain of salt. While he does predict pretty well, he always seems to have a few off the wall picks every year.

Oh and I remember seeing several mocks that had Dunta to us that year.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #10
Xman
Veteran

Kiper does this every year - his mocks move people like Olsen and Hall up - then back down (it is almost like he is promoting them). I bet his final version doesn't have Hall top 10 or Olsen in the top 20.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #11
Xman
Veteran

jinx - you owe me a coke
Old 03-17-2007   #12
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman View Post
jinx - you owe me a coke
Nope I got it in 1 minute before you
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #13
Xman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Nope I got it in 1 minute before you

but - we were typing at the same time :>
Old 03-17-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

you guys have no clue how mock drafts work. it's adorable.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I think there will be a nice CB option in the second or third. I can't imagine passing up a DT like Branch or Okoye for Leon Hall when there are players like the Cal Poly kid, Aaron Ross, Daymeon Hughes and others that will be available in a later round.

Of course, we could go Marcus Thomas if we want a DT in the second.

The DTs to wait for are Kareem Brown and Brandon Mebane.
Old 03-17-2007   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
The DTs to wait for are Kareem Brown and Brandon Mebane.
http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...920#post628920

YTF...I had this question for you but doubt you saw it. Has nothing to do with football.
Old 03-17-2007   #17
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

just remember kiper is a guy who is never wrong...he'll have a kid listed real high for weeks before the draft then all of sudden during draft day he'll change it and pull out his "blue book" of prospects and say he never thought this kid would guy that high...and that such and such team is making a big mistake...blah blah...his hair will never move...and espn will replay pleny of kiper moments where he's making fun of the colts...that's why the nfl network was created so we didn't have to put up with kiper anymore
Old 03-17-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

branch's 'poor' showing at his workout muddied the waters a bit. if the bucaneers manage to get Calvin Johnson out of the #4 pick, they will feel like the cat that ate the canary.
Old 03-17-2007   #19
rascous
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
branch's 'poor' showing at his workout muddied the waters a bit. if the bucaneers manage to get Calvin Johnson out of the #4 pick, they will feel like the cat that ate the canary.
With that #4 pick they may in the best position to trade up to #1 or #2, but I doubt they will. Not even certain they would take CJ if he were available. That team has a lot of holes to fill and could trade down to get more players. General manager and coach are fighting for their jobs, so it might not be so simple as taking CJ...even if they could get him.
rascous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #20
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
kiper is the only one still thinking jarrett is a top 15 pick.
When I first saw this run across the tube I couldn't believe it. Please say it ain't so. Please. Hall and Jarrett are not worthy of Top 15 consideration.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read