Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-16-2007   #1
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Default The Browns have a serious Dilima!

IMO: If the Browns don't improve their QB position prior to draft, then they will most likely use their selection on either Russell or Quinn. Additionally, I think that Detroit is looking at Calvin Johnson as much as anyone and will find it extremely difficult to pass on him. Can you imagine Johnson, R. Williams and M. Williams. That would be an Awesome trio. If that were to happen, I think the Browns would have to either go Qb or J. Thomas. But who knows with Droughns on the block.
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #2
Mightymike
Veteran

Default Re: The Browns have a serious Dilima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Ya Blue 2007 View Post
IMO: If the Browns don't improve their QB position prior to draft, then they will most likely use their selection on either Russell or Quinn. Additionally, I think that Detroit is looking at Calvin Johnson as much as anyone and will find it extremely difficult to pass on him. Can you imagine Johnson, R. Williams and M. Williams. That would be an Awesome trio. If that were to happen, I think the Browns would have to either go Qb or J. Thomas. But who knows with Droughns on the block.
it really wouldn't make much sense if the lions wasted another 1st round pick on a receiver. they should take either joe thomas or a qb to grow behind kitna.

also, the browns signed jamal lewis this offseason
Old 03-16-2007   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Droughns was cut and signed by the Giants I do believe.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #4
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Droughns was cut and signed by the Giants I do believe.
traded to the NYG for WR Tim Carter.
Old 03-16-2007   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dilemma
Old 03-16-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland: Jamarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson is the most typical question (peterson/thomas outsiders)

Detroit: I don't see them taking thomas like everyone else does. they signed their LT to a big $ deal and extension and then got denver's RT in their trade. They now have 2 RB's and some WR's...I see them going Defense? or probably a QB that they have rated higher than the D guys...even though they said they weren't interested in a QB (is this true)

Cleveland: I think Thomas falls either here or Tampa. If CJ is gone Tampa takes him. I could see cleveland taking thomas for o-line help..they need a QB...peterson is tempting too.

oak-Johnson
det-quinn
cle-russell
tb-thomas

^^think that could happen?^^
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

you know what would be funny is if the raiders drafted joe thomas...
Old 03-16-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
you know what would be funny is if the raiders drafted joe thomas...
there would be blackouts and mass confusion on the streets.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Oakland: Jamarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson is the most typical question (peterson/thomas outsiders)

Detroit: I don't see them taking thomas like everyone else does. they signed their LT to a big $ deal and extension and then got denver's RT in their trade. They now have 2 RB's and some WR's...I see them going Defense? or probably a QB that they have rated higher than the D guys...even though they said they weren't interested in a QB (is this true)

Cleveland: I think Thomas falls either here or Tampa. If CJ is gone Tampa takes him. I could see cleveland taking thomas for o-line help..they need a QB...peterson is tempting too.

oak-Johnson
det-quinn
cle-russell
tb-thomas

^^think that could happen?^^
Agreed. The rummor about Moss going to Green Bay could be because of people wanting a scenario such as this. Still say, Al Davis, inspite of his history, will not pass Russel up. He's a perfect fit for their offense.

Millin is tring to generate interest in the two to move down. They're not locked into the second pick. They could take anyone in the first five ranked players other than QBs and still end up smelling like roses. They got an OLT. They're the only ones in the first five who couldn't use Thomas or Calvin Johnson. They don't have a critical need at OLT or reciever. No one wants to pay #1 reciver money to two guys. Backus isn't a top five OLT but he didn't play poorly last year either. And no matter who Oakland picks there is still mucho value left on the board with the players left there.
Old 03-17-2007   #10
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
there would be blackouts and mass confusion on the streets.
i guess because tackle is the least of their worries with robert gallery working out and all.
Old 03-17-2007   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Ya Blue 2007 View Post
You mean the GREAT trio we had with me, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams.

Signed,

Charles Rogers
Old 03-17-2007   #12
Xman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
You mean the GREAT trio we had with me, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams.

Signed,

Charles Rogers
Sorry Charlie, Calvin Johnson, you are not.

I agree with most that think Detroit should be gn shy about another WR - especially when Roy is a stud #1 WR (Mike Wlliams has so many problems that he doesn't need to be considered anything but a possession WR that could get cut very soon). But, that same logic that led them to keep drafting WRs might still be there (Same owner, same gm?). So, you can't put it out of the realm of possibility. Just like, I think someone in our FO is imagining an Iron Curtain DL (hooked on the idea of what a dominating DL would create). AND - having two stud WRs could create mismatches that would make up for the lack of talent elsewhere - as long as the talent is acceptable elswhere (just like having a stud DL would cover holes behind them to an extent).

So, I doubt it happens. But, it would not be hard to justify the decision to go WR again when you are staring at the best player in the draft (just like the Saints taking Bush last year)(RoyW on one side and CJ on the other would be murder on most secondaries).
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson would be a great pick for Detroit or a trade down. Cleveland would then address the tackle position with Joe Thomas or could also trade down. both good problems to have

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read