Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2007   #1
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default David Carr threads AD NAUSEUM....WHAT IF

what do all the Carr haters plan on doing, IF Carr stays and plays in Houston in 2007??

Not doing another bash job, just honestly wondering what if we keep him. Will you support team or will you walk away, I mean about 50% of people on this board have been down to U-haul checking cost to rent truck to move Carr to ANY other NFL team.

So do you support the team despite who is QB IF they WIN or if they LOSE, or do you take the grown-up mature "nyahh nyahh told you so" attitude.
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr threads AD NAUSEUM....WHAT IF

A team isn't all about the QB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

They will head back to Grouchland.

Old 03-16-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
what do all the Carr haters plan on doing, IF Carr stays and plays in Houston in 2007??
Not doing another bash job, just honestly wondering what if we keep him. Will you support team or will you walk away, I mean about 50% of people on this board have been down to U-haul checking cost to rent truck to move Carr to ANY other NFL team.

So do you support the team despite who is QB IF they WIN or if they LOSE, or do you take the grown-up mature "nyahh nyahh told you so" attitude.
Do you ever read the threads?Most start as incredibly inane threads concerning how wonderful the man is despite the things that have happened, with no basis of reality. There is also a massive group that doesn't hate but whom understand the situation and what we need to do without "hate." Please put a fork in another one of these threads. Seriously. The identical question was asked earlier in the week and probably took up 20 pages.
Old 03-16-2007   #5
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

if Carr stays i'm OK with it as long as he has to really fight to earn the starting job and if he doesn't perform he is replaced
Old 03-16-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

So.....how bout' them Astros?...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #7
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

They will keep whining about it.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2007   #8
MATRIX
Veteran

Here is what will happen and the haters will jump all over this(not that I care).

Carr plays in 07 and we loose...complain worse then now.

Carr plays in 07 and we win...they will act like they loved him all along.

Haters are a simple type, they support the winner, not the team as a whole.

Either way, I'll still watch the Texans play because the represent this city. And win or loose, atleast we have a team. They can start whoever they like till one of us is the owner and can decide differently.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well.... being that I wasn't very keen on him being here in '06, much less starting, I think I can speak from experience.

I've never said, "I told you so" I have got involved in several Carr threads to point out a few errors he made... point out a few reads, a few mismatches I think he should have seen & taken advantage of.

I've even got involved in a few game day threads and expressed when I thought he had a good game. I believe there were three.

I've praised him for improving on some things, got on him for reverting back to his old self. I've even said how impressed I was through the season, how David has been able to keep his eyes down the field(allbeit looking at one receiver in particualr) in the face of a rush.

If we go into next season, with Kubiak saying that he'll finish what he started, and continue to develop David, I'll do next year, what I did this year. I won't boo him. I won't demand to see the back up. I'll patiently expect another losing season as we develop our 6th year rookie.

If we have a "competition" & David "wins" then I'll be upset. I still won't boo. I still won't ask for the other guy. But I'll start a thread for every bad read, every bad step, every stupid penalty, every fresno tuck...

etc... etc...
Old 03-17-2007   #10
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

I like the board the way it is, as there is some good intelligent football stuff and then there is the 'Comedy Central' stuff that really puts things in perspective...just when you've heard one of the same Carr excuses for the millionth time, a poster comes a long and gives a new/different spin on David's 'play.'

Really, if Carr leaves Houston it's going to get kinda lonely around here--what are we going to talk about? Intelligent and factual football talk will only go so far, so bring on the fictional Carr talk to fill in the 'empty' spots. OK, so maybe David has a 'few' football problems on the field...doesn't mean we have to ignore him...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

For Buddha, Allah, Jesus sake......Do we need another thread on whose name I will not even mention?

I say we banish all threads even relating to this until there is some DEFINITE answer. This is getting *Scratch*.........this is PAST ridiculous.

This has gotten worse than arguing over abortion.
Old 03-17-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have said on repeated occasions that I'm a Texans fan. I'm not a Carr fan. I will continue to watch every Texans game at least twice. I will continue to root for the team no matter who the players are.

Last year before the season started, I was in the Carr-Lover group. I defended him and said he needed to have one more chance. Well, he had it. And from what I saw the last half of last season, he's a horrible QB and shouldn't be starting for any NFL team. That has nothing to do with how bad the running game is or how bad the line is, that's based on his performance (or lack of it) on the field.

If Carr is starting, then I hope it's because Kubiak thinks he gives the team the best chance to win. I'm not so sure that was the case last season. I think he started Carr against his better judgment in an attempt to rehabilitate him and to re-train him after what had been done to him by the Capers era. I think that came from McNair. If Sage had been healthy the last part of the season, I don't think Carr would have been starting.

So... this opens up the flip sides of that question.

1. What are you going to do if they decide Carr isn't in our future and they get rid of him one way or another? Are you going to continue to be a Texan fan or are you going to switch allegiance?
2. What if Carr goes to another team and is successful? Are you going to be hoping for him to play well to show the Texans FO that they were wrong? (Personally, as soon as Carr leaves, I won't care how he plays as long as we beat him.)
3. What if Carr isn't successful with another team? Will you admit that we wasted last year trying to get him up to speed or will you continue to make excuses for his play?
4. What if Carr does stay but loses the job? Are you going to bash whoever the new QB is and say that we'd be better with Carr?
5. What if Carr does stay, keeps the job, and continues to play poorly? Will you ever be able to look at his performance and hold him accountable for how he plays? Or will you continue to blame every other part of the team?

If Carr stays here, keeps the starting spot, and plays well, I will be very surprised and... very, very happy. I don't want my starting QB to be bad and I don't care who that starting QB is. If it's Carr, great. If it's not Carr, great. As long as whoever the QB is plays well, I don't care. I'm not hoping for my QB to play bad.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what makes this year any different? i'm basically married to the texans with no chance of divorce and carr has been a part of it every year... if anything, i love the team more every season, despite the hardships... if carr stays, it's basically another shrug, sigh, and nothing really new. to me, it's more of a "...dang" than a "I'M NEVER WATCHING THE TEXANS AGAIN" type of feeling... because the latter would be a flat out lie.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #14
texas mopar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I have said on repeated occasions that I'm a Texans fan. I'm not a Carr fan. I will continue to watch every Texans game at least twice. I will continue to root for the team no matter who the players are.

Last year before the season started, I was in the Carr-Lover group. I defended him and said he needed to have one more chance. Well, he had it. And from what I saw the last half of last season, he's a horrible QB and shouldn't be starting for any NFL team. That has nothing to do with how bad the running game is or how bad the line is, that's based on his performance (or lack of it) on the field.

If Carr is starting, then I hope it's because Kubiak thinks he gives the team the best chance to win. I'm not so sure that was the case last season. I think he started Carr against his better judgment in an attempt to rehabilitate him and to re-train him after what had been done to him by the Capers era. I think that came from McNair. If Sage had been healthy the last part of the season, I don't think Carr would have been starting.

So... this opens up the flip sides of that question.

1. What are you going to do if they decide Carr isn't in our future and they get rid of him one way or another? Are you going to continue to be a Texan fan or are you going to switch allegiance?
2. What if Carr goes to another team and is successful? Are you going to be hoping for him to play well to show the Texans FO that they were wrong? (Personally, as soon as Carr leaves, I won't care how he plays as long as we beat him.)
3. What if Carr isn't successful with another team? Will you admit that we wasted last year trying to get him up to speed or will you continue to make excuses for his play?
4. What if Carr does stay but loses the job? Are you going to bash whoever the new QB is and say that we'd be better with Carr?
5. What if Carr does stay, keeps the job, and continues to play poorly? Will you ever be able to look at his performance and hold him accountable for how he plays? Or will you continue to blame every other part of the team?

If Carr stays here, keeps the starting spot, and plays well, I will be very surprised and... very, very happy. I don't want my starting QB to be bad and I don't care who that starting QB is. If it's Carr, great. If it's not Carr, great. As long as whoever the QB is plays well, I don't care. I'm not hoping for my QB to play bad.

I agree I'm a Texans fan to the core, and don't really care who starts at QB because I believe we will improve as a team with another good draft. I think you build a winning team with defense and a good running game. I think with another draft we could be in that league of football teams. IMO once we improve in other areas of the team the QB situation will take care of itself.I would love to have a team that all it needed is a QB but thats not the case here!!!
Old 03-17-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Either way, I'll still watch the Texans play because the represent this city. And win or loose, atleast we have a team. They can start whoever they like till one of us is the owner and can decide differently.
translation: i am a homer. i will support the owner's stupid decisions irregardless of whether I agree with them or not, for the sole reason that they play in the same city as me.

flawed logic but par for the course round these parts.....
Old 03-17-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Here is what will happen and the haters will jump all over this(not that I care).

Carr plays in 07 and we loose...complain worse then now.

Carr plays in 07 and we win...they will act like they loved him all along.

Haters are a simple type, they support the winner, not the team as a whole.

I sure am seeing alot of "new" people who are so keen on attacking people. Talk about simple..lol

First of all, I'll go through this again. If you are in this thread just for the basis of telling people they are "haters" then you aren't mature enough to have a civil conversation regarding sports or anything else for that matter. If you objectively look at this board, with a few exceptions, there are alot more posts like this where someone throws out completely off base assertions concerning what Carr has done only to have people crawl out of the woodworks to name call.

Secondly, most of the so called "haters" don't hate Carr. Most are adding up the things happening and making an informed decision regarding the TEAM. Remember this is a team not a group of guys whose whole goal is to support the QB. The GM and owner aren't sitting there deciding everything based on one player. If people want a real TEAM and they aren't selfish, they would see the big picture(guy on the trade block, teammates not happy, city not happy, losing team). BTW, it is losers not loosers.

Lastly, if people were REAL CARR fans they would want him the heck out of here. Most that sit here and rant and attack are people who selfishly want him to stay for the sole fact of IF he does do well they want to say "I told you so" despite 5 years of nothing. If you want him supported and playing well why want him with this organization, which is showing no love right now?He'd have alot more support elsewhere.

There can be a win/win situation. Just grow up and stop acting like a middle schoolers who didn't get picked for dodge ball. These rants and generalization show much more about you than your support. I've seen almost everyone here have civil discourse, so why say these things. We are are here for a reason, to debate what is going on with the team. There were alot of people who had these same fights about Charlie last year and that guy left us holding the bag. Blind support without thought is dangerous.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-17-2007 at 10:50 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
translation: i am a homer. i will support the owner's stupid decisions irregardless of whether I agree with them or not, for the sole reason that they play in the same city as me.

flawed logic but par for the course round these parts.....
Agreed. You can't sit back and just wait for things to happen. If an owner and team makes money and sells out despite the product then it is really a sad situation.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-17-2007 at 11:11 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It is just weird to see fans that are so much bigger fans of an individual player than a fan of the team. To keep rolling out some chump because you think he is cute, or you think he is sweet, or you love Jesus just like he does is all cool and stuff, but are you guys fans of the Texans? I'd bet you guys will disappear as soon as Carr is gone. All the guys you slam and call "haters" will be here because we love the team more than we love any one player. We aren't going anywhere.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am not Carr hater, but a realist, so I plan to go the same sports bar and spend $15-$40 bucks a week to watch the same inconsistent, average boring player frustrate the heck out of me, while hoping that we win despite him.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #20
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
if Carr stays i'm OK with it as long as he has to really fight to earn the starting job and if he doesn't perform he is replaced
Brevity is indeed the sole of wit.

Well said, Freedoggy!
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read