Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2007   #1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans re-sign RB Ron Dayne

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4638490.html

The Texans re-signed veteran running back Ron Dayne on Friday. He will return for his second season with the Texans as a situational back. Newly acquired free agent Ahman Green is slated to be the starter.

Dayne, 29, started six games for the Texans last season and finished with 612 rushing yards and five touchdowns.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans re-sign RB Ron Dayne

good move... now we need to lock up leach.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #3
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
Agreed.
Old 03-16-2007   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

This is a pretty good offseason if we can just re-sign Leach I love this move. The only question now is who do we keep on the roster?

I say:
Ahman Green
Ron Dayne
Chris Taylor
Wali Lundy
Old 03-16-2007   #5
AtheGreat
Veteran

i'm liking it too. have a 2 guys you can depend on to carry the ball is always good. Dayne on the 3rd down/ goalline type stuff and green the rest of the time. sounds like a good way to keep Green from running out of gas/ and getting injured.

give me leech too, and i'll call it good Rick! (hamlin would be nice too)
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #6
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
This is a pretty good offseason if we can just re-sign Leach I love this move. The only question now is who do we keep on the roster?

I say:
Ahman Green
Ron Dayne
Chris Taylor
Wali Lundy
Ahman Green
Adrian Peterson
Ron Dayne
Wali Lundy

Chris Taylor-Practice Squad
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

With Ahman Green, Lundy, Gado & Taylor I was thinking.... "meh... we might pick up Peterson anyway"

But now, I don't know.
Old 03-16-2007   #8
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

What am I missin here ... I was under the impression he signed with someone else, Eagles-Giants or summthin like that.
Old 03-16-2007   #9
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

this morning I read that he was a Philadelphia Eagle...
Old 03-16-2007   #10
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
this morning I read that he was a Philadelphia Eagle...
Yes you read that, but it was incorrect.
Old 03-16-2007   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTorro
Agreed.
Agreed again.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
With Ahman Green, Lundy, Gado & Taylor I was thinking.... "meh... we might pick up Peterson anyway"

But now, I don't know.
We'll still take Peterson if available. Gado and Lundy are expendable and we don't know the details of Dayne's contract yet. If he was signed as a situational back, which the Chronicle said was the case, he could be cut during training camp if we get Peterson.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #13
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Ahman Green
Adrian Peterson
Ron Dayne
Wali Lundy

Chris Taylor-Practice Squad
Taylor has mre ability than you give him credit for.

Lundy would be practice squad or the 4th RB in that situation. Anyone wondering if we didn't secure Leach yet because we could use Dayne or Gado as a FB in most situations. And if as you state we draft AP, then that wouldbe lethal to always have 2 legit RBs on the feild(one as a FB). Nobody would have a clue who would get the ball in a split back fomation.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #14
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
Rookie

With the signing of Dayne, I believe that we will select Landry at #8 or trade down to pick up Kali or Brown.

Last edited by Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan; 03-16-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Taylor has mre ability than you give him credit for.

Lundy would be practice squad or the 4th RB in that situation. Anyone wondering if we didn't secure Leach yet because we could use Dayne or Gado as a FB in most situations. And if as you state we draft AP, then that wouldbe lethal to always have 2 legit RBs on the feild(one as a FB). Nobody would have a clue who would get the ball in a split back fomation.
He was on the practice squad last year instead of being in the lineup over Lundy/Gado...why would this year be any different.
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
He was on the practice squad last year instead of being in the lineup over Lundy/Gado...why would this year be any different.
People think it'll be different because he had an OK game against the crappy browns rush defense.
Old 03-16-2007   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm relieved. I know that there's a big slice of this message board that doesn't think Dayne is, was, or ever will be the answer to anyones question at RB but I respectfully disagree. I worry that Ahman Green will turn into another Texans FA signing that looked good when it happened but turned out to be wasted millions for someone who doesn't perform in our uniform.

I hope I'm wrong about that. I hope Green has a couple of good years left in him. If I'm not wrong about Green then it's nice to see that we have someone who IMO can carry the rock full time and get it done.
Old 03-16-2007   #18
aproberts03
Rookie

im glad they resigned him..we got a good backfield for next season
aproberts03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright!! I'm really happy...I too hope we can resign leech...this was a good offseason imo.

Dayne and Green still don't have an effect on our draft. They are great sign/resignings but don't exclude Peterson if he's there. It gives us more options if we want to trade down if he's there..or take him seeing how neither green or dayne are our franchise back. But it does get us by this season and next if we take BPA and continue building our team.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #20
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

good it's done with...now let's focus our attention on keeping leach...with dayne back it creates good competition for our runningback corp and ensures us a good back up in case green goes down...it also pushes the need to draft a RB down but i still believe if AP is there we take him

still i would like to see us secure leach...re-sign the rest of our guys...maybe add one or two more veterans who aren't well into their 30's and head into the draft full of hope

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read