Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2007   #1
MATRIX
Veteran

Default Fear...is very powerful

The morre the situation unfolds, plus SWT's thread. I belive I have came to a conclusion alot of you may agree with.

Let me start with bad and work my way to good.

Why should Carr go:

1- 5yrs of doing little if anything

2- Seems to be on the same page he was his rokie year...no advancement.

3- Teammates are now stpping up to say he stinks.

4- Mcnair will make no money if they keep him much longer...nobody will pay to see a team loose.

Why should he stay:

1- He has proved he can take a beating, being tuff at QB isn't that normal.

2- His salary makes it tuff to unload him.

3- Sage hasn't show enough to stat, and if they aren't taking Quinn, the FO must feel Carr is the best bet right now.

4- He has shown glimpses of his ability.

5- Scouts all over the NFL all agree he can be great in the right inviroment.

6- Another year in the same system ith OL help and a RB he may at last show what he can do.

7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play.

Now, I know alot more is on the stay side. But, I did that for a reason, as you'll read below.

On more than 1 website many feel Houston is scared to dump him, and get another QB. The reason is the feel that if he goes somewhere that has a good line and running game...he will be a top 5QB.

Funny as that sounds, ever wonder how often Tampa Bay kicked theirselfs for trading Young? Or what about Farve in Green Bay...he sucked till then.

I honestly feel they don't want to cut ties yet because of examples like Young. They would rather set up a situation for him to become great here. Then if need be, cut him in 1-2 years and get a good FA QB. This would mean they wouldn't be like Tampa was with Young...laughing stock of the NFL. Wrst case, the parts are in place when a FA would arive to atlast allow us to win.

Dozens of sites comment about this. I wanted your thoughts. THIS ISN'T TO BAH CARR...but rather to see if you feel the FO may do something like this.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fear...is very powerful

repetition... gets very annoying

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Merged Thread... is very likely
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #4
MATRIX
Veteran

I didn't see this thread on this site. But, I have seen it on a ton of other Texans sites, as well as rumored on many other team sites.
Old 03-16-2007   #5
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

"7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play."

Carr lover's say this is a team game...uk, OK. Double standard? I see...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #6
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
"7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play."

Carr lover's say this is a team game...uk, OK. Double standard? I see...
Personaly I don't like Carr, but he did help get us 6. Nobody can argue with that.
Old 03-16-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
The morre the situation unfolds, plus SWT's thread. I belive I have came to a conclusion alot of you may agree with.

Let me start with bad and work my way to good.

Why should Carr go:

1- 5yrs of doing little if anything

2- Seems to be on the same page he was his rokie year...no advancement.

3- Teammates are now stpping up to say he stinks.

4- Mcnair will make no money if they keep him much longer...nobody will pay to see a team loose.

Why should he stay:

1- He has proved he can take a beating, being tuff at QB isn't that normal.

2- His salary makes it tuff to unload him.

3- Sage hasn't show enough to stat, and if they aren't taking Quinn, the FO must feel Carr is the best bet right now.

4- He has shown glimpses of his ability.

6- Another year in the same system ith OL help and a RB he may at last show what he can do.

7- He did get us 6 wins..even with bad play.

Now, I know alot more is on the stay side. But, I did that for a reason, as you'll read below.

On more than 1 website many feel Houston is scared to dump him, and get another QB. The reason is the feel that if he goes somewhere that has a good line and running game...he will be a top 5QB. Funny as that sounds, ever wonder how often Tampa Bay kicked theirselfs for trading Young? Or what about Farve in Green Bay...he sucked till then.

I honestly feel they don't want to cut ties yet because of examples like Young. They would rather set up a situation for him to become great here. Then if need be, cut him in 1-2 years and get a good FA QB. This would mean they wouldn't be like Tampa was with Young...laughing stock of the NFL. Wrst case, the parts are in place when a FA would arive to atlast allow us to win.

Dozens of sites comment about this. I wanted your thoughts. THIS ISN'T TO BAH CARR...but rather to see if you feel the FO may do something like this.

We would actually save 5 million next year when we need it to make a jump

#5 is rediculous. If this was the case then I'm sure teams would be offering more than a 4th rounder and he wouldn't be second or third tier free agent.

Kubiak has worked with top QBs all his life and there is no fear in him letting him go. If that was the case he would be the starter, no doubts. People need to learn that some guys just don't make it. what if the Browns had kept saying those things about Couch?I mean this thread does nothing but confirm that people aren't living in the reality of the situation. the players complain because they see him day in and day out. The couches put him on the block because they don't see the development. There is an easy answer to this. Put him on another team, clear the constant bickering within the org. and lets see what both do without each other.

BTW, he didn't HELP get us 6 wins..we got many of them by taking the ball out of hands and giving it to Ron Dayne, yet people haven't been clamoring to overpay Dayne.
Old 03-16-2007   #8
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
We would actually save 5 million next year when we need it to make a jump

#5 is rediculous. If this was the case then I'm sure teams would be offering more than a 4th rounder and he wouldn't be second or third tier free agent.

Kubiak has worked with top QBs all his life and there is no fear in him letting him go. If that was the case he would be the starter, no doubts. People need to learn that some guys just don't make it. what if the Browns had kept saying those things about Couch?I mean this thread does nothing but confirm that people aren't living in the reality of the situation. the players complain because they see him day in and day out. The couches put him on the block because they don't see the development. There is an easy answer to this. Put him on another team, clear the constant bickering within the org. and lets see what both do without each other.

BTW, he didn't HELP get us 6 wins..we got many of them by taking the ball out of hands and giving it to Ron Dayne, yet people haven't been clamoring to overpay Dayne.

Regaurdless who had the ball after the center? We don't run direct snaps.
Old 03-16-2007   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Personaly I don't like Carr, but he did help get us 6. Nobody can argue with that.
kris brown helped us get more wins than carr did.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Regaurdless who had the ball after the center? We don't run direct snaps.
Whatever you say. I could practice handing off all day. The fact of the matter is they took the games out of his hands. Maybe it was the games he fumbled in, etc. that made them change their plans. The things you wrote are just way off base. Sorry. People aren't beating down the door after the guy or fearful.
Old 03-16-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Then I must conclude that the right enviroment does'nt exsist or they'd trade for him .
Old 03-16-2007   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

earl you hit the bullseye with that one
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #13
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

ok well It's popular to bash a guy that does bad things repeatedly, even if he does over half good things , they will allways comment on the bad things, dont get me wrong, Carr is not working out here, but we seem to forget that thru half the season Carr was one of the highest rated QB's in the league, or that andre Johnson was on of the highest rated recievers, you can say anyone can hand dayne the ball, but someone that wasnt sage passed andre the ball all those times. so dont act like Carr had nothing to do with the 6 wins and only contributed to losses, that would be convenient but untrue.
Old 03-16-2007   #14
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if you are saying he helped get us to 6 then I can say he helped us get to 2 the year before. I think Our D and our run game got us to 6, and with you saying he helped us get to 6 wins by handing the ball off is not a good argument. Thats like giving props to the kicker for kicking the ball even if he misses the field goal by 30 yards.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
There's a Carr hating here tonight... tonight, there's a Carr hating tonight... La La tonight.
Or Caddy singing

Take the helmet from your head

shake it loose let it fall

they're mean but ol caddy knows you can't do it all

let me help you make it through the night
Old 03-16-2007   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, a lot of people would argue with that. The Texans got 6 wins in spite of Carr.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Im I the only one tired of looking at the word "CARR"?....:brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #18
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

FEAR is very powerful as another Carr Thread, try if we knock the teams we play in preseason on their *****. We come out and WIN 1st two games decisively people will begin to notice us, we win 3-4 games in a row teams will start game planning for us.

WIN 5-6 to start and people will be wearing DEPENDS when they play us to catch all the STUFF we knock out of them.

NOW THAT's FEAR!!!!!
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
There's a Carr hating here tonight... tonight, there's a Carr hating tonight... La La tonight.
No hating..of course you only comment on the people, not the facts. I'd expect nothing else Caddy.
Just a bunch of hyperbole(we, now, after 5 years are sitting on the next S. Young or Favre...amazing we have him) on how the league looks at our QB. Why not sing about how off target the original post is. Unreal, the blind turn of the head.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-16-2007 at 10:32 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #20
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
No hating..of course you only comment on the people, not the facts. I'd expect nothing else Caddy.
Just a bunch of hyperbole(we, now, after 5 years are sitting on the next S. Young or Favre...amazing we have him) on how the league looks at our QB. Why not sing about how off target the original post is. Unreal, the blind turn of the head.
Thats how you view it, and you don't like Carr correct?

Many in the NFL feel he is a legit top 5 QB given the right options. Much as Young and Farve, they just needed certian elements.

Now, you can merge that with another thing. McNair loves the guy regaurdless of what we feel, maybe even what he knows deep down. And he plans to ride his boy(incase you haven't noticed).

As SWT pointed out, he WILL finish the rest of his deal in Houston, maybe more.

BS about hating him or loving him is just that BS. If you like a team yea, you get upset at stuff. But, you still wear the logo and don't care what others think. Nobody lynched you after the 2-14 season for having a Texans logo did they...no.

And nice of you to point out things I said. Considering they came from the FO, belive it or not I don't care. This is the net, tomorrow one of you will be Donald Trump...and nobody would care...even if you are Trump.

The FO belives in him, and thats the facts. So, back a team regaurdless of whom they play, or pick a new team to cheer on sunday.

Have a good night.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read