Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-16-2007   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default New 3 Round Mock Draft from NFL Draft Count Down

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

1. OAKLAND RAIDERS JAMARCUS RUSSELL QB | L.S.U.
2. DETROIT LIONS BRADY QUINN QB | Notre Dame
3. CLEVELAND BROWNS JOE THOMAS OT | Wisconsin
4. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS CALVIN JOHNSON WR | Georgia Tech
5. ARIZONA CARDINALS GAINES ADAMS DE | Clemson
6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS ALAN BRANCH DT | Michigan
7. MINNESOTA VIKINGS JAMAAL ANDERSON DE | Arkansas
8. HOUSTON TEXANS ADRIAN PETERSON RB | Oklahoma
9. MIAMI DOLPHINS ADAM CARRIKER DE | Nebraska
10. ATLANTA FALCONS LARON LANDRY S | L.S.U.

Texans Draft:

Round 1 (08) - Peterson RB | Oklahoma
Round 2 (39) - Brandon Meriweather S | Miami (FL)
Round 3 (73) - Brandon Mebane DT | California

I be very happy with this draft if it turned out this way.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: New 3 Round Mock Draft from NFL Draft Count Down

I don't think it could get much better than that.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Please dont ruin this fantasy!!!
Old 03-16-2007   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

i have an even better mock, using players that drop to us in the nfldraftcountdown mock

1-amobi okoye-applies pressure on the inside and frees up mario

2-arron sears- we need OL help, and he should be able to fill in at OT or OG.

3-david irons- battle tested SEC CB from a school known for defense

4-michael johnson- instinctive free safety who has very good ball skills. (i dont know if he'll fall to our spot in the 4th, but he's not taken in the 3rd, so ill be optimistic about him falling to our spot)

5-mike walker/laurent robinson/brandon myles/legedu naanee (ive been pimping mike walker in the 4th, but maybe he lasts til the 5th with the depth at WR in this draft. even if he doesnt, we should be able to find a decent enough #2 or #3 receiver here)

6-dedrick harrington- he may go in the 5th, but he's not very well known even though he played for missouri. 6'3 250lbs or so, timed 4.72 i think. my sleeper SLB pick.

didnt address DE, but i think picking okoye fills 2 holes at DE and as a pass rusher. could use babin and that guy we signed last year in a rotation in passing/running situations at DE.

didnt pick landry, mostly because johnson is still a major upgrade at safety over brown. we can get a better FS in that spot than DT, thats my reasoning. i actually would prefer landry in the 1st, but DE and DT are scarce in this class. the big pick is arron sears, for those who are always complaining about the OLine. can play OG or OT, but i still like my other mock with landry in the 1st and abiamiri in the 2nd (he falls to the 3rd in the nfldraftcountdown mock, but i dont see that happening.)
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #5
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
i have an even better mock, using players that drop to us in the nfldraftcountdown mock

didnt address DE, but i think picking okoye fills 2 holes at DE and as a pass rusher. could use babin and that guy we signed last year in a rotation in passing/running situations at DE.

didnt pick landry, mostly because johnson is still a major upgrade at safety over brown. we can get a better FS in that spot than DT, thats my reasoning. i actually would prefer landry in the 1st, but DE and DT are scarce in this class. the big pick is arron sears, for those who are always complaining about the OLine. can play OG or OT, but i still like my other mock with landry in the 1st and abiamiri in the 2nd (he falls to the 3rd in the nfldraftcountdown mock, but i dont see that happening.)
First, Okoye will project as a 3-technique DT, hereforth abbreviated as 3T, and not a Nose Tackle, NT, unless he continues to grow, and I mean skeletally not muscularly. Second, if the Texans intend to lineup Mario as a RDE then they need pressure from a NT to free him up and not a 3T. Third, the Texans already have many 3T's on their roster, but don't have one player ideally suited to play NT. Fourth, I believe there are actually many quality DE's and 3T's available in this draft. As for NT's, there are very few. I would love to see the Texans draft a NT like Walter Thomas or Paul Soliai on the Second Day. If they did draft Thomas and he became a force at the NT position, then that would free up Mario. In addition, I would love to see the Texans draft Ikaika Alama-Francis later if they don't get Gaines Adams in the 1st Round. Alama-Francis could be a nice end to play opposite Mario and he might be available in the 3rd round. Now if the Texans did get Gaines Adams, then I would expect Adams to play RDE and Mario to play LDE. Either way, the Texans need to draft atleast 1 DL, preferably a NT, and could potentially draft as many as 3 DL's( 1 NT, 1 DE, & 1 3T), especially if they trade down from pick #8 in the 1st Round.
Old 03-16-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post

2-arron sears- we need OL help, and he should be able to fill in at OT or OG.

3-david irons- battle tested SEC CB from a school known for defense

4-michael johnson- instinctive free safety who has very good ball skills. (i dont know if he'll fall to our spot in the 4th, but he's not taken in the 3rd, so ill be optimistic about him falling to our spot)

5-mike walker/laurent robinson/brandon myles/legedu naanee (ive been pimping mike walker in the 4th, but maybe he lasts til the 5th with the depth at WR in this draft. even if he doesnt, we should be able to find a decent enough #2 or #3 receiver here)

6-dedrick harrington- he may go in the 5th, but he's not very well known even though he played for missouri. 6'3 250lbs or so, timed 4.72 i think. my sleeper SLB pick.

I actually much more prefer the NFL Countdown mock to yours, and I don't even really support taking AP in the first. They just have better players and better picks for our team.
Old 03-16-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, I believe this was posted just the other day by Kast.
Old 03-17-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

1. OAKLAND RAIDERS JAMARCUS RUSSELL QB | L.S.U.
2. DETROIT LIONS BRADY QUINN QB | Notre Dame
3. CLEVELAND BROWNS JOE THOMAS OT | Wisconsin
4. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS CALVIN JOHNSON WR | Georgia Tech
5. ARIZONA CARDINALS GAINES ADAMS DE | Clemson
6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS ALAN BRANCH DT | Michigan
7. MINNESOTA VIKINGS JAMAAL ANDERSON DE | Arkansas
8. HOUSTON TEXANS ADRIAN PETERSON RB | Oklahoma
9. MIAMI DOLPHINS ADAM CARRIKER DE | Nebraska
10. ATLANTA FALCONS LARON LANDRY S | L.S.U.

Texans Draft:

Round 1 (08) - Peterson RB | Oklahoma
Round 2 (39) - Brandon Meriweather S | Miami (FL)
Round 3 (73) - Brandon Mebane DT | California

I be very happy with this draft if it turned out this way.
Me too. I am concerned about Mebane's potential though. He doesn't seem to have a high ceiling. I listened to Merriweather speak the other day at an interview. I don't think he's capable of forming complete sentences. Good player though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read