Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-15-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Path to the Draft : Texans

Coming up after the commercial break...I'll try to post what I hear.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Path to the Draft : Texans

Needs:
QB
OL
S
LB

249 sacks over 5 years for Carr.

May move up for Quinn, trade 1st and 2nd round picks.

Suggested Beekman for the OL.

Suggested Weddle for the secondary

Unlike the Panthers and Jaguars, the Texans did not have as much handed to them by the NFL.

You need to be able to depend on the QB, and Carr is not a guy you can depend on.

Green was a good signing, but the question is whether he can get past the OL.

Close, yet far, from challenging the Colts for the AFC South.

MW needs to be a guy teams plan around for the defense to succeed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it. Marshall Faulk was the GM for them.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #4
Cheroqui
Veteran

From NFL Network right? Marshall Faulk needs to shut the hell up. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Everyone else is saying how Quinn will probably be passed on if he were available due to a David Carr like situation. I wasn't feeling anything he said. But uh... yeah I saw it.
Old 03-15-2007   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably going to be tough to get Weddle if we trade a first and second to move up. I think the "need" at QB will probably be put on hold for another year while our front office concentrates on the Lines and the secondary...and hopefully a first day RB.
Old 03-15-2007   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui View Post
From NFL Network right? Marshall Faulk needs to shut the hell up. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Everyone else is saying how Quinn will probably be passed on if he were available due to a David Carr like situation. I wasn't feeling anything he said. But uh... yeah I saw it.
What are you talking about. Many have us taking him if he's available. David Carr situation? David Carr was a top pick. That he didn't turn out to be a top player is just the risk you take when drafting. Quinn can be a stud or he can be a bust. But you will never know, unless you draft him
Old 03-15-2007   #7
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

1st and second to trade up for Quinn? Yeah, that's great. Then we can trade our second day and a couple picks from next year to trade back into the first round and pick up Greg Olsen.

I would be disgusted if we traded away our second to move up.
It would be Philip Buchanon all over again. What a boring draft day that was.
Old 03-15-2007   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
1st and second to trade up for Quinn? Yeah, that's great. Then we can trade our second day and a couple picks from next year to trade back into the first round and pick up Greg Olsen.

I would be disgusted if we traded away our second to move up.
It would be Philip Buchanon all over again. What a boring draft day that was.
I don't agree with trading up for him, but if he's available and peterson isn't, then you take him. But trade up, no.
Old 03-15-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui View Post
I've never heard anything that sounds like an original thought from Marshall Faulk. I don't like him on the show, & would much rather watch Irvin or Sharpe.

But, I did like his picks.
Old 03-15-2007   #10
jvaldez1984
Rookie

NFL Network!? Damn Time Warner! I'm always missing stuff.
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've never heard anything that sounds like an original thought from Marshall Faulk. I don't like him on the show, & would much rather watch Irvin or Sharpe.

But, I did like his picks.
I like Marshall. No, he's not loud an obnoxious like sharpe and Irvin, but he does have opinions with facts. I'm tired of all these sideshow broadcasters, if I want to be entertained, i'll watch King of Queens.
Old 03-15-2007   #12
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if they stay at 8 and pick him. I'm just not for giving up picks to get a guy whose first name isn't Joe and second name isn't Franchise-left-tackle.
Old 03-15-2007   #13
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank goodness,I was about to turn when they started talking about the 249 sacks.I was positive they were gonna have us take Levi.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

what if Marshall turns out to be spot on

I liked his opinion, seemed fresh & sincere, don't take the Texans inept draft record out on him. my quess is if the Texans could turn an 8 into a 2 using David Carr they'd do it in a Detroit minute

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #15
hadaad
All Pro

If #8 + #8 = #2, yeah, I think they'd be giggling like school girls to make it happen. I wouldn't be against it either.
Old 03-15-2007   #16
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

If that did happen, then I'd be looking at more than QUinn. CJ, Thomas, Peterson anyone?
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #17
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

I really wish I had the NFL network...dang Time Warner!!
Old 03-15-2007   #18
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what if Marshall turns out to be spot on

I liked his opinion, seemed fresh & sincere, don't take the Texans inept draft record out on him. my quess is if the Texans could turn an 8 into a 2 using David Carr they'd do it in a Detroit minute
I just love the irony.

I think it could work. Detroit wins and so the Texans if we pull the trigger on Thomas.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I really liked Marshall as a RB coming out of college and in the NFL, but from watching him on NFL Network all year, he really doesn't know much about the Texans. He has shown that he doesn't think much of Texans, and has been very negative most of the time when talking about the Texans.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #20
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Needs:
QB
OL
S
LB

249 sacks over 5 years for Carr.

May move up for Quinn, trade 1st and 2nd round picks.

Suggested Beekman for the OL.

Suggested Weddle for the secondary

Unlike the Panthers and Jaguars, the Texans did not have as much handed to them by the NFL. Am I missing something here?

You need to be able to depend on the QB, and Carr is not a guy you can depend on.

Green was a good signing, but the question is whether he can get past the OL.

Close, yet far, from challenging the Colts for the AFC South. Close, yet far........sounds good

MW needs to be a guy teams plan around for the defense to succeed. I think he's already accomplished this
comments in red.

Last edited by rollinstone18; 03-15-2007 at 11:00 PM.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read