Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-15-2007   #1
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default Adrian Peterson's Pro-Day

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2797306

NORMAN, Okla. -- Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, rated the No. 1 running back in the 2007 draft and a possible No. 3 overall pick by the Cleveland Browns, spent a good deal of time catching passes at the Sooners pro day workout Tuesday, something he did little of in his three seasons as a player.

Must've gotten grilled about his lack of pass catching ability at OU. Looks like he addressed it.

Gotta be the dagger in the heart for you draft AP fans. Pencil him in at 3.

Please oh please draft Levi Brown now.
Old 03-15-2007   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's Pro-Day

Honest question and not meant to be rude: What is it you like so much about Levi Brown? Why not Landry?
Old 03-15-2007   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

For those that want AD, you better hope that Oakland goes with CJ and forces the Browns to pick Russell.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Honest question and not meant to be rude: What is it you like so much about Levi Brown? Why not Landry?
What's with Landry? Why not Brown?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #5
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get ahead of yourself cause Iwas just watching total access and Adam Schefter said that he had talked with the browns GM and he said that they wanted Brady Quinn, Schefter also said that AP could slip all the way down to the bills,Unless we drafted him.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #6
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adrian Peterson

Ok,I know you've all heard this probably about 759 times but I really think there is a good chance that peterson falls to #8 here's why,on NFL total Access they were talking about LSU's pro day and they said that JaMarcus was going to the raiders yada,yada,yada, and then they got Adam Schefter on the show and they asked him where Brady Quinn might end up,and he said that he had talked to the Browns FO and that they really wanted Quinn and that AD could slip all the to the bills at#12.Now my first thought was that they were just blowing smoke,but then I wondered that makes sense,Quinn had a good pro day,there's been reports that Frye wanted out of Cleveland,and Quinn wants to be their so it sounds pretty plausible. I just wanted your thoughts on it.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #7
htownfoozball
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
What's with Landry? Why not Brown?
cuz brown isnt the best at his position. landry is.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2007   #8
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Ok,I know you've all heard this probably about 759 times but I really think there is a good chance that peterson falls to #8 here's why,on NFL total Access they were talking about LSU's pro day and they said that JaMarcus was going to the raiders yada,yada,yada, and then they got Adam Schefter on the show and they asked him where Brady Quinn might end up,and he said that he had talked to the Browns FO and that they really wanted Quinn and that AD could slip all the to the bills at#12.Now my first thought was that they were just blowing smoke,but then I wondered that makes sense,Quinn had a good pro day,there's been reports that Frye wanted out of Cleveland,and Quinn wants to be their so it sounds pretty plausible. I just wanted your thoughts on it.
All the way to 12? I think that was a misspeak. I think they meant to say he could slip all the way to 8.

I would be way surprised if the raiders took Jamarcus Russel, solely based on the way Al Davis acts.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be sweet if AD slipped to us. I'm not going to count on it, but if he's available then we take him. The guy was showing off his pass catching abilities recently during the pro-day workouts. He's a great fit for our offense and I would be very excited to have him.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If AD slips to us Grab him. #8 and able to draft player like AD, it is a steal my friend. We can address our DB and WR in the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #11
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Its always best to read it for yourself.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10060470
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=ReliantTexan;627477]Don't get ahead of yourself cause Iwas just watching total access and Adam Schefter said that he had talked with the browns GM and he said that they wanted Brady Quinn, Schefter also said that AP could slip all the way down to the bills,Unless we drafted him.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the link.

I saw that too. I'm waiting for the path to the draft to see what is up. The Texan's are on the clock. Something is in the air though. He wouldn't of went out of his way to say this unless he knows something he can't report yet. Pretty bold statement for sure. I didn't hear the "unless" part.

Quote:
Many speculated that Detroit was sold on Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas with the No. 2 pick, but the Lions' actions tell an entirely different story. They are hardly wedded to Thomas; they only are committed to getting the best possible value for the No. 2 selection, even if it comes via trade.
That means if they want Thomas..the Texans can go get him.

Quote:
Until recently, the consensus had been that Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson would be the surefire No. 3 pick. But the Browns are concerned about some of his running habits, his durability and the value of picking a running back at No. 3 when a quarterback is within their grasp.
Told ya. I'm not the lone ranger. Nor the grinch, I see what I see. No one wants to over pay for a running back.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-15-2007 at 10:44 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #13
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

[quote=threetoedpete;627623]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Don't get ahead of yourself cause Iwas just watching total access and Adam Schefter said that he had talked with the browns GM and he said that they wanted Brady Quinn, Schefter also said that AP could slip all the way down to the bills,Unless we drafted him.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the link.

I saw that too. I'm waiting for the path to the draft to see what is up. The Texan's are on the clock. Something is in the air though. He wouldn't of went out of his way to say this unless he knows something he can't report yet. Pretty bold statement for sure. I didn't hear the "unless" part.

That means if they want Thomas..the Texans can go get him.
Joe Thomas>AD

Need I say more?
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2797306

NORMAN, Okla. -- Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, rated the No. 1 running back in the 2007 draft and a possible No. 3 overall pick by the Cleveland Browns, spent a good deal of time catching passes at the Sooners pro day workout Tuesday, something he did little of in his three seasons as a player.

Must've gotten grilled about his lack of pass catching ability at OU. Looks like he addressed it.

Gotta be the dagger in the heart for you draft AP fans. Pencil him in at 3.
Sure if you equate catching passes in practice as catching passes on Sunday.. in a game... with guys that are waiting to knock the living Shelack out of you...
Old 03-15-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

If AP does slip to #8 would you be upset if the Texans traded down a few slots and got extra picks? No Guarantee that Brown or Nelson would be there ( Fully aware that Landry would be gone),

With the signing of Green I am not convinced that picking AP would be for the best for our team only because of so many needs.
1. BPA
2. BPA
3. QB
Blah blah blah......

Just an idea, because it would improve the team, now granted it would not get you that star player that would make people say wow but if you can pick up say a third or maybe even a second next year then you can look at how the RB position is and deciedeif you need to use a first or second on one. RB is a position that I think you can upgrade with late first or second round pick after you have more pieces in place.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
If AP does slip to #8 would you be upset if the Texans traded down a few slots and got extra picks? No Guarantee that Brown or Nelson would be there ( Fully aware that Landry would be gone),

With the signing of Green I am not convinced that picking AP would be for the best for our team only because of so many needs.
1. BPA
2. BPA
3. QB
Blah blah blah......

Just an idea, because it would improve the team, now granted it would not get you that star player that would make people say wow but if you can pick up say a third or maybe even a second next year then you can look at how the RB position is and deciedeif you need to use a first or second on one. RB is a position that I think you can upgrade with late first or second round pick after you have more pieces in place.
Green is a stopgap. I would be fine with him and AD splitting carries, with Green mostly the third down back, for a year or two. If AD is there at 8, I hope we take him.
Old 03-15-2007   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If Peterson is at 8, you don't hesitate to take him. Green is good, but a Green-Peterson tandem would be one of the best in the league and would ensure that both Green and Peterson have extended careers.

Like I have said earlier, you pick a guy like Peterson and you don't have to worry about that position for the next 6 years.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #18
htownfoozball
Veteran

i dont think peterson will fall to 8. if he falls past the browns, i think another team will trade up to get him before us.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #19
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
What i like about Levi. He's an NFL ready LT. I'm not really sure about Spencer's knee being 100% ready by the start of the season. I think Black is a backup insurance plan if he's not ready to go or backup swing olineman. I like his versatility incase a guard goes down. Levi handled everyone thrown at him in the senior bowl. We've had a gaping hole in the position since Boselli didn't pan out. I know it's not a pretty pick but if you really want to improve the offense let's get the line situation finished and done. Teams are figuring out what elitemen do for an offense. That's why you're seeing mad money going to these elite guards and tackles.

While i like Laron myself. I wouldn't be angry if he's selected at all mind you. I definately think he'd come in here really improve the secondary and possbily be a another ROY candidate. Merriweather will be available i nthe second when our time comes up and he's just about as good.

I know it going on here about how Denver has the ability to take late round linemen and turn them into solid ZBS linemen. We're not denver obviously and they have the talent in place that allows them to groom and select linemen later in the draft. We don't have that luxury here. I'm pretty sure barring we're not goingto make the playoffs next year...i do think we'll be more competitive this year. We're clearing upa lot of cap space. I think this is a good year to have an "ugly" draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to AP @ 8. Just prefer if that comes up trade down. If we pick him i wouldn't whine either. Just hope he can stand up behind a bad line.

As for the browns front office i think a lot of GM's are prostrating prior to the draft. This year there's not really any locks for a position. From what i heard last year the Browns were set on handing the keys to the Offense over to Frye. While he didn't have a great year he wasn't completely horrible in his first starting year. Trading away Droughns to me and only singing Lewis to one years says a lot to me for what that's worth.

Man...i tend to have long winded posts.....
Old 03-15-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
What i like about Levi. He's an NFL ready LT. I'm not really sure about Spencer's knee being 100% ready by the start of the season. I think Black is a backup insurance plan if he's not ready to go or backup swing olineman. I like his versatility incase a guard goes down. Levi handled everyone thrown at him in the senior bowl. We've had a gaping hole in the position since Boselli didn't pan out. I know it's not a pretty pick but if you really want to improve the offense let's get the line situation finished and done. Teams are figuring out what elitemen do for an offense. That's why you're seeing mad money going to these elite guards and tackles.
Great post... sound reasoning, & I don't have a problem taking Levi with the #8 pick, or trying to trade down and pick him at a more attractive spot.. or whatever.

But let me ask you this.

What if the plan is to move Winston to the Left side, if Spencer can't play?? Either Spencer or Black on the right side. If I recall correctly, many people had Eric Winston going early in the first round, much like Brown.

Or do you think Brown is that much better than Winston??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read