Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-14-2007   #1
AtheGreat
Veteran

Default makes me want LaRon even more...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

with all the history of great 1st RD safeties, just makes it harder to think of him slipping by...(unless of course AP is still there)
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: makes me want LaRon even more...

He's a solid prospect. Of the players we have a legitimate chance at getting I would be bummed if we missed out an an 'Ed Reed-Like' FS.

Ed Reed- 5'11" 200lbs. ????40-time??
Laron Landry 6'0.5" 212 lbs. 4.35 40-dash

“In the NFL right now there’s a new breed of safety with guys like [Troy] Polamalu and Ed Reed,” said the hard-hitting, 6-1, 205-pounder. They definitely do more than just cover the middle of the field deep. They’ve got to cover, blitz, just do it all.” -Michael Huff

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=5048

The way I see it Landry can cover the middle of the field deep, cover, blitz, tackle...he can do it all.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Send Him In!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

He's going to make the top ten....but he's one of those guys who is the answer to why they give the wonderlick at all. No more Ronnie Lott compairison's please. I now understand why the numbers do not match the production.
Old 03-14-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
He's going to make the top ten....but he's one of those guys who is the answer to why they give the wonderlick at all. No more Ronnie Lott compairison's please. I now understand why the numbers do not match the production.
what'd he score on his wonderlic? and lol what was your 'spot me two on 'c' 'a' 't' post in another thread about?
Old 03-14-2007   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I know it's only highlights but everytime I see his I get a little more pumped up about this kid. We shall see come draft day. Never get to attached to a player until the ink is dry on the contract. That way I'm not overly upset day after the draft. Was a Bush supporter last year but was'nt crushed when we took Mario.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #7
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

i wouldnt mind us taking him if he can have a bob sanders like impact on defense then take him we need that
Old 03-14-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Intresting fact: Landry's (4.35) was the only Safety that ran a sub-4.40 at the combine.
Old 03-14-2007   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

I thought Reggie Nelson ran in the 4.3's as well? Also, I'm wondering why Ken Hamlin is getting no play right now? I mean, if we signed him, Laron Landry is done as a Texan. If not, we have NO starting FS...at least not a real one.

interesting...trade down?
Old 03-14-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
I thought Reggie Nelson ran in the 4.3's as well? Also, I'm wondering why Ken Hamlin is getting no play right now? I mean, if we signed him, Laron Landry is done as a Texan. If not, we have NO starting FS...at least not a real one.

interesting...trade down?
Nelson had two 'poor' runs at the combine..something like a 4.5 and a 4.48. He did real well at his pro day w/ a 4.35 so he shouldn't have to worry.

I'm surprised w/ hamlin too...he's been relatively quiet. if we signed him...then traded down and picked leon hall or darelle revis or so, our secondary would be amazing.
Old 03-15-2007   #11
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

laron landry is a stud...a playmaker...a difference maker on the defense...if we pick him up you'll see more INT's for this team...a few more coverage sacks...and i think in the end a lot of happy texan fans
Old 03-15-2007   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you'll see more dropped passes also . Paired with Robinson we'll have the makings of a hard hitting secondary .
Old 03-15-2007   #13
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Comparisons are Reggie Nelson - Ed Reed and Laron Landry - Michael Dawkins
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

How about the Laron Landry = Ronnie Lott comparison?
Old 03-15-2007   #15
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I wrote that about Landry after watching him play Auburn last year. He is a stud, and he is not like Roy Williams he can cover.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Comparisons are Reggie Nelson - Ed Reed and Laron Landry - Michael Dawkins
BRIAN Dawkins

but WOW, and to actually think that i wanted Reggie Nelson instead of LaRon, please Laron make your stock fall just a lil bit, hahaha
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #17
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

This is how I see the draft playing out IMO.

If Peterson or Quinn fall to 8, we are taking them. There is no chance of Peterson, so I still think it would be Quinn.

There will be WR talent in the 2nd (maybe even Jarret) if we go secondary first.

I would rather see Leon Hall over Landry. A corner is a lot harder to find than a safety, and the draft is loaded with safeties for 4 rounds.

Taking a S at number 8 in this draft with all the safety talent would be a huge mistake.

1. CB
2. WR
3. S
4. DT
5. DE
6. RB (this shoots up to number 1 if Peterson is there)

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #18
whiskeyrbl

He is definitely worth a hard look if still there at #8. The boy can lay some wood and can cover also.
Old 03-16-2007   #19
whiskeyrbl

I just have a gut feeling that we will look to trade down to pick up additional picks.
Old 03-16-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

nelson is a better player, he'll go first.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read