Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

makes me want LaRon even more...

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
He's a solid prospect. Of the players we have a legitimate chance at getting I would be bummed if we missed out an an 'Ed Reed-Like' FS.

Ed Reed- 5'11" 200lbs. ????40-time??
Laron Landry 6'0.5" 212 lbs. 4.35 40-dash

“In the NFL right now there’s a new breed of safety with guys like [Troy] Polamalu and Ed Reed,” said the hard-hitting, 6-1, 205-pounder. They definitely do more than just cover the middle of the field deep. They’ve got to cover, blitz, just do it all.” -Michael Huff

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5048

The way I see it Landry can cover the middle of the field deep, cover, blitz, tackle...he can do it all.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
He's going to make the top ten....but he's one of those guys who is the answer to why they give the wonderlick at all. No more Ronnie Lott compairison's please. I now understand why the numbers do not match the production.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
He's going to make the top ten....but he's one of those guys who is the answer to why they give the wonderlick at all. No more Ronnie Lott compairison's please. I now understand why the numbers do not match the production.
what'd he score on his wonderlic? and lol what was your 'spot me two on 'c' 'a' 't' post in another thread about?

I know it's only highlights but everytime I see his I get a little more pumped up about this kid. We shall see come draft day. Never get to attached to a player until the ink is dry on the contract. That way I'm not overly upset day after the draft. Was a Bush supporter last year but was'nt crushed when we took Mario.

DRAMA

Rookie
I thought Reggie Nelson ran in the 4.3's as well? Also, I'm wondering why Ken Hamlin is getting no play right now? I mean, if we signed him, Laron Landry is done as a Texan. If not, we have NO starting FS...at least not a real one.

interesting...trade down?

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
I thought Reggie Nelson ran in the 4.3's as well? Also, I'm wondering why Ken Hamlin is getting no play right now? I mean, if we signed him, Laron Landry is done as a Texan. If not, we have NO starting FS...at least not a real one.

interesting...trade down?
Nelson had two 'poor' runs at the combine..something like a 4.5 and a 4.48. He did real well at his pro day w/ a 4.35 so he shouldn't have to worry.

I'm surprised w/ hamlin too...he's been relatively quiet. if we signed him...then traded down and picked leon hall or darelle revis or so, our secondary would be amazing.

keyfro

Veteran
laron landry is a stud...a playmaker...a difference maker on the defense...if we pick him up you'll see more INT's for this team...a few more coverage sacks...and i think in the end a lot of happy texan fans

I wrote that about Landry after watching him play Auburn last year. He is a stud, and he is not like Roy Williams he can cover.

dbspi

Waterboy
This is how I see the draft playing out IMO.

If Peterson or Quinn fall to 8, we are taking them. There is no chance of Peterson, so I still think it would be Quinn.

There will be WR talent in the 2nd (maybe even Jarret) if we go secondary first.

I would rather see Leon Hall over Landry. A corner is a lot harder to find than a safety, and the draft is loaded with safeties for 4 rounds.

Taking a S at number 8 in this draft with all the safety talent would be a huge mistake.

1. CB
2. WR
3. S
4. DT
5. DE
6. RB (this shoots up to number 1 if Peterson is there)

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.

W

whiskeyrbl

He is definitely worth a hard look if still there at #8. The boy can lay some wood and can cover also.

W

whiskeyrbl

I just have a gut feeling that we will look to trade down to pick up additional picks.

Smokedawg

Waterboy
This is how I see the draft playing out IMO.

If Peterson or Quinn fall to 8, we are taking them. There is no chance of Peterson, so I still think it would be Quinn.

There will be WR talent in the 2nd (maybe even Jarret) if we go secondary first.

I would rather see Leon Hall over Landry. A corner is a lot harder to find than a safety, and the draft is loaded with safeties for 4 rounds.

Taking a S at number 8 in this draft with all the safety talent would be a huge mistake.

1. CB
2. WR
3. S
4. DT
5. DE
6. RB (this shoots up to number 1 if Peterson is there)

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.
Landry is way better than Leon Hall. Why would you want to take someone that isnt that dominate at their position? Landry has proven he is dominate

AtheGreat

Waterboy
Landry is way better than Leon Hall. Why would you want to take someone that isnt that dominate at their position? Landry has proven he is dominate
yeah, Hall got SMOKED by ted ginn many a play vs OSU and correct me if i'm wrong, LaRon was in that secondary that shut down pretty boy quinn. LaRon>Quinn.

and if it comes down to Levi or LaRon. I think the draft is way too weak in OL and that why we're even considering Levi at 8.I think we can manage with a later round OL to be serviceable while our Defence keeps their D on the field. an elite Saftey is harder to come by than a decent tackle. next year is a Oline year, for now, you get the playmaker.

agreed landry is the best choice here....i picked him earlier but kept changing my mind but i have him as a lock for the 1st pick for the texans now!!!!!if we dont we suck lol!!!!!plus the draft is good enough to get oline late......