Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-14-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HPF:Picketts picks for the Texans draft

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/fo...&threadid=7246

Quote:
Pick’s 6 Pontification Points

1. One of the players who is considered to be a lock for the top 8 is Alan Branch (DT, 6’5 3/4”, 324, Michigan) who has been near the top of draft boards since the beginning of the season. He ran at the Combine; delivering a 5.07 in the 40-yard dash, 1.68 in the 10, and benching 225lbs 33 times. If you have read about my prototype NT, this guy is it. He may be slipping towards the Texans in this draft because of the position he plays. If he gets past the Redskins, the Texans may be in the catbird seat. The 49ers could think about moving up from #11 to get him, if the Texans decide not to draft him themselves. Branch played on a D-Line that held opponents to under 50 yards rushing in 11 of 13 games. He also allowed pass-rushers the freedom to average 3.23 sacks and 7.15 tackles for loss per game. If he becomes a Texan, Mario Williams should perhaps carry his gear around training camp.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HPF:Picketts picks for the Texans draft

I don't know very much about how DT transition in the 3-4 and 4-3. If he can play a 4-3 DT...I will be fine with this pick. The guy sounds like an absolute brick wall and I think would bolster our DLine. I go back and forth between him and Okoye every week but I'm leaning towards Branch right now with his size and run stopping ability.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #3
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't know very much about how DT transition in the 3-4 and 4-3. If he can play a 4-3 DT...I will be fine with this pick. The guy sounds like an absolute brick wall and I think would bolster our DLine. I go back and forth between him and Okoye every week but I'm leaning towards Branch right now with his size and run stopping ability.
I say lean toward your avatar. That's what I'm doing!
Old 03-14-2007   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
i'd like to have him but nobody wants another top 10 to go to the D-line which I don't understand if it makes the team better especially allowing Wiliams to be free to work one on one and secure our run defense.
Old 03-14-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
i'd like to have him but nobody wants another top 10 to go to the D-line which I don't understand if it makes the team better especially allowing Wiliams to be free to work one on one and secure our run defense.
I'd would like us to spread our 1st round picks out a little more...BUT.

If they guys in the past havn't worked out..ie babin and johnson...don't give up.

Chances are if you keep drafting them they are bound to eventually work!! lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Pickett spend any time on this Board, and if so what's his
handle over here ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read