Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-14-2007   #1
macaronitoni
Rookie

Default I stopped by Barnes and Noble today...

and picked up a magazine on the 2007 draft, and it actually had Kevin Kolb Rated as a first round talent, second QB taken in the draft and had Quinn rated as third round talent. Didn't really have anything bad to say about Kolb, even thought he'd make a better than average NFL starter and thought that Quinn had too many question marks. Interesting...I for one agree with that assessment.
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I stopped by Barnes and Noble today...

Hey, I was there too! You didn't happen to be in the Woodlands did ya?

Anyways, yup, draft Kolb, Smith or Stanton in the 3rd!! Not the 2nd though.
Old 03-14-2007   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
and picked up a magazine on the 2007 draft, and it actually had Kevin Kolb Rated as a first round talent, second QB taken in the draft and had Quinn rated as third round talent. Didn't really have anything bad to say about Kolb, even thought he'd make a better than average NFL starter and thought that Quinn had too many question marks. Interesting...I for one agree with that assessment.
I can understand not being high on Quinn. He's got Question marks for sure... but not the kind that'll make drop him to a third round pick.

Kolb on the other hand, being a system QB should. Nothing against Kolb, if the coaches want him, that's fine by me. But I can see the argument for Kolb in the third, and Quinn in the first much easier than the other way around.
Old 03-14-2007   #4
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

wtf??? kolb in the FIRST? hahahahahahaha..u have to be ****ting me right.
Old 03-14-2007   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I saw that magazine..."Drafting BY Dummies".

Quinn third round talent...was this April Fools Day?
Old 03-14-2007   #6
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
and picked up a magazine on the 2007 draft, and it actually had Kevin Kolb Rated as a first round talent, second QB taken in the draft and had Quinn rated as third round talent.
I posted this on another thread. It was from "The Sporting News." It wasn't Brady picked in the 3rd round. It was BQ picked 3rd QB with Russell, Kolb, and then Quinn.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #7
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I think I saw that magazine..."Drafting BY Dummies".

Quinn third round talent...was this April Fools Day?
It wasn't 3rd round..it was the 3rd QB picked.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2007   #8
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

The only way Russell gets picked ahead of Quinn is if Al in Oakland picks him for that killer arm. That's about it.

If anyone has questions surrounding him of those three it's Kolb then Russell. System QB who played in Conference USA. Makes me nervous personally like drafting a Texas Tech QB. But he could jsut bea QB taht got put in it....lots of questions with that IMO.

At least Russell has played in the SEC.

IMO even with all the hype. Quinn is hands down the best QB in this draft and aside from Brohm could even be better then next year's crop.
Old 03-14-2007   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

The mag. is sporting news and I picked up a copy today. There first round pick for us is Jamaal Anderson(DE). Has Quinn droping all the way to KC with the 23 pick(Don't see that happening) Are sec. rd. they go with Kenny Irons(RB)and the third rd. Drew Stanton(QB) Strange that on page 12 is a list of "Could be Busts" and #2 is none other than Mr. Stanton on the list.

I buy just about all these pre-draft mags. and this was the 1st I've seen so a pick it up not reading much into it though its still to early but it does have player profiles that make for good throne time reading.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry View Post
The mag. is sporting news and I picked up a copy today. There first round pick for us is Jamaal Anderson(DE). Has Quinn droping all the way to KC with the 23 pick(Don't see that happening) Are sec. rd. they go with Kenny Irons(RB)and the third rd. Drew Stanton(QB) Strange that on page 12 is a list of "Could be Busts" and #2 is none other than Mr. Stanton on the list.

I buy just about all these pre-draft mags. and this was the 1st I've seen so a pick it up not reading much into it though its still to early but it does have player profiles that make for good throne time reading.
Didn't KC draft Croyle last year? Isnt he supposed to be their QB of the future? I don't see KC taking Quinn, even if he was there. They could use some D help though.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
The only way Russell gets picked ahead of Quinn is if Al in Oakland picks him for that killer arm. That's about it.

If anyone has questions surrounding him of those three it's Kolb then Russell. System QB who played in Conference USA. Makes me nervous personally like drafting a Texas Tech QB. But he could jsut bea QB taht got put in it....lots of questions with that IMO.

At least Russell has played in the SEC.

IMO even with all the hype. Quinn is hands down the best QB in this draft and aside from Brohm could even be better then next year's crop.
That's what I say too, it's Al wanting that deep bomb...any other team would take Quinn...Cleveland included imo...although we've heard otherwise.

Question marks for Quinn so he falls? There are more question marks for russell and kolb and stanton imo. There are ?'s for every QB...including Vince, Leinart, and Cutler from last year!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #12
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Didn't KC draft Croyle last year? Isnt he supposed to be their QB of the future? I don't see KC taking Quinn, even if he was there. They could use some D help though.
Don't know who there back-up is the little comment just says that there G.M. likes him and Green is going to be 37 this year. I dont put much stock in this mock though has Posluszny going 9th to the Fins and Okoye droping to 18th with cinn. Also has Minn. taking Ginn 7th. The more I look at it the more i shake my head and think what was this guy smoking
Old 03-14-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't know who there back-up is the little comment just says that there G.M. likes him and Green is going to be 37 this year. I dont put much stock in this mock though has Posluszny going 9th to the Fins and Okoye droping to 18th with cinn. Also has Minn. taking Ginn 7th. The more I look at it the more i shake my head and think what was this guy smoking
There is a better chance posluzny falls to the 2nd round than him going top ten. okoye SHOULD be gone by 13imo. that writer sounds crazy.
Old 03-14-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I really wanted Brodie to play during the preseason game but they never put him in against us...I wanted to see Demeco sack him ...former teammates and all.
Old 03-14-2007   #15
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
I posted this on another thread. It was from "The Sporting News." It wasn't Brady picked in the 3rd round. It was BQ picked 3rd QB with Russell, Kolb, and then Quinn.
Yeah, it wasn't that he was actually going to get drafted in the third, they just have him graded as a third round talent. also, they love Kolb and rate him as the 16th best player in the draft
Old 03-14-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes View Post
Yeah, it wasn't that he was actually going to get drafted in the third, they just have him graded as a third round talent. also, they love Kolb and rate him as the 16th best player in the draft
Thanks for saving my money....y'all said sporting news right? wow...that guys going to get fired....
Old 03-14-2007   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
There is a better chance posluzny falls to the 2nd round than him going top ten. okoye SHOULD be gone by 13imo. that writer sounds crazy.
The more I realy look at it the more nuts it sound. Get this Meriweather(26 Phily) and Ugoh(31st Bears) have both jumped into the 1st round, and Lynch29th to the Ravens.
Old 03-14-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The more I realy look at it the more nuts it sound. Get this Meriweather(26 Phily) and Ugoh(31st Bears) have both jumped into the 1st round, and Lynch29th to the Ravens.
Do they have us selecting Levi Brown in the 2nd round?!
Old 03-14-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/warroom/

This site hasn't been updated in..my guess would be 5 months.

look at the player rankings on the right as you scroll down..

Brian Brohm is listed as a 2007 prospect
Levi Brown=4th rated OT
Kalil=#2 C
Okoye/Branch not on DT top 5?
Landry= #4 safety...nelson not listed
Peterson/lynch not listed at RB.

what the heck is going on!? lol
Old 03-14-2007   #20
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Do they have us selecting Levi Brown in the 2nd round?!
No Kenny Irons RB Alburn. Levi was 33rd to DA Raiders

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read