Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-13-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default 2008 Superbowl predictions...

Just because of what both teams did last year, I think the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets will be in the Superbowl...

Any of yall have early predictions...and please be realistic...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Superbowl predictions...

Tennessee Titans v. New Orleans Saints

(I only say that because those are my two favorite teams, but hey, it's possible)
Old 03-13-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
Just because of what both teams did last year, I think the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets will be in the Superbowl...

Any of yall have early predictions...and please be realistic...
Those are great pics..imo.

AFC-NE is my pick for '07. I think the Jets are a team that are really heading in the right direction...at this point they aren't a favorite i wouldn't think but i'm with you baba...i could see the jets. oakland is a team that sux now but after 2 FA periods and 2 drafts...i think they'll be in the playoffs in '08 and could upset some teams. all they need is help on the O-side.
2008- Jets..Raiders

NFC- NFC is a toughy..i guess it's just cuz i like the afc teams better. again though baba i'm with you on the 49'ers. another team that sux now but could be really good in 2 years is the cardinals...all they really need is o-line and D help.
2008- 49'ers..Cardinals
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

New York Jets vs New Orleans Saints

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans vs. Giants
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #6
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

New England VS. Atlanta
Old 03-14-2007   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Philadelphia and Denver.

In losing Stallworth i think they'll draft the speedy Meachem to pair up with Brown and emerging third receiver Baskett. Taht formsa pretty good corps to pair with Westbrook, LJ. Smith for a healthy McNabb. Jeavon Kearse will be back next year and both Cb's should be healthy to at least start the season off.

Darkhorse : Carolina

I think Cutler gives Denver enough to not only top the playoff hurdle next year but the ability to go all the way. He's a year more prepared and added Travis Henry to the backfield and Daniel Grahmn as well. Solidified their secondary with the Bly Acquisition...assuming he smartly stays. The offense held them back last year but the D was one of the best.

Darkhorse: not that you can call New England one...but they reloaded big time this offseason.
Old 03-14-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
Philadelphia and Denver.

In losing Stallworth i think they'll draft the speedy Meachem to pair up with Brown and emerging third receiver Baskett. Taht formsa pretty good corps to pair with Westbrook, LJ. Smith for a healthy McNabb. Jeavon Kearse will be back next year and both Cb's should be healthy to at least start the season off.

Darkhorse : Carolina

I think Cutler gives Denver enough to not only top the playoff hurdle next year but the ability to go all the way. He's a year more prepared and added Travis Henry to the backfield and Daniel Grahmn as well. Solidified their secondary with the Bly Acquisition...assuming he smartly stays. The offense held them back last year but the D was one of the best.

Darkhorse: not that you can call New England one...but they reloaded big time this offseason.
I like the Denver as Cutler matures in the nfl...scary team..esp with champ and bly on D.

New England again is my fav. for next season...adalius thomas will be crazy...plus they have 2 first rders this year which could really help them...they got asanti samuel for one last year too..better make that count.
Old 03-14-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think NE is going to be scary good this year, they were close last year and really retooled so far this off season with two 1st rounders to come.

As for the NFC, I think it could be anyone.

If I had to put my neck out I think the Saints could be the team to watch. Brees is probably the class of the QB's in the NFC and he has weapons a plenty and if they can add a few defensive pieces watch out.
Old 03-14-2007   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans vs. 49ers.

Old 03-14-2007   #11
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Patriots vs. Falcons. I think Vick will finally have a year where he benefits his team's overall progress and not himself.

Darkhorse SB Chargers vs. Panthers.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #12
DarkNinja
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Tennessee Titans v. New Orleans Saints

(I only say that because those are my two favorite teams, but hey, it's possible)
I totally agree with you
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

New England from the AFC - One game from the Super Bowl this past season and have improved their team more than any other AFC team so far.

Dallas from the NFC - Straight homer pick. Don't feel great about their chances but don't feel great about any of the teams from the NFC so why not?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Chargers-Eagles

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #15
crunk-juice
Rookie

i am shocked any of you would say the 49ers, worst prediction ever.
crunk-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
i am shocked any of you would say the 49ers, worst prediction ever.
I think in two years they will be real good. They are going to have two very good cb's in harris and now clements. they have threats on offense in battle, davis, and gore...we'll see what they do in the draft but cap wise they are heads above most teams...they are going to keep on trucking FA wise next year too...lance briggs anybody?
Old 03-14-2007   #17
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Those are great pics..imo.

AFC-NE is my pick for '07. I think the Jets are a team that are really heading in the right direction...at this point they aren't a favorite i wouldn't think but i'm with you baba...i could see the jets. oakland is a team that sux now but after 2 FA periods and 2 drafts...i think they'll be in the playoffs in '08 and could upset some teams. all they need is help on the O-side.
2008- Jets..Raiders

NFC- NFC is a toughy..i guess it's just cuz i like the afc teams better. again though baba i'm with you on the 49'ers. another team that sux now but could be really good in 2 years is the cardinals...all they really need is o-line and D help.
2008- 49'ers..Cardinals
I'm with you in the AFC on the Pats. Stallworth and Welker as better targets for Brady, good line play, adding A. Thomas, getting back R. Harrison, keeping A. Samuel, another year of experience and increased playing time for Maroney, AND two first round draft picks?? Get the hell outta here.

In the NFC, the Cardinals have been the "sleeper" pick by many pundits for so many straight years now, I would think they're officially in a coma. That said, with some improved O-line play, I could see their offense make some definite strides this year. I'm going to put my homerism aside for a second and state that, even though they lost T. Jones, I think that the Bears are the team to beat in the NFC until they start losing pieces to the defense (the offense already sucked, and they still won).

AFC - New England Patriots

NFC - New Orleans Saints (I said "for a second"... )
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals Vs. Saints....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Colts v. Chicago....Colts win again
Old 03-14-2007   #20
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats. vs. Saints
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read