Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-13-2007   #1
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default 2 Possible Mock Drafts

MOCK 1 (Detroit/Minnesota takes Quinn)
1- LaRon Landry FS
2- Ryan Kalil C
3- Kevin Kolb QB
4- Andy Alleman OG
5- Calvin Bannister CB
6- Jarret Hicks WR
7- Justin Medlock/Mason Crosby K

MOCK 2 (Quinn is available at 8)
1- Brady Quinn QB
2- Sidney Rice WR
3- Michael Johnson FS
4- Paul Soliai DT
5- Doug Datish C
6- Tarell Brown CB
7- Daniel Sepulveda P

which do you prefer? i somewhat prefer the first one b/c I'm not the biggest Quinn fan but I know if he is available at 8 the Texans will easily take him and I know it's a possibilty Kalil isn't available in the second so I completely overhauled the rest of it.
Old 03-14-2007   #2
freedoggy77
Veteran

Default Re: 2 Possible Mock Drafts

bump
Old 03-14-2007   #3
real

I think that's too high for Sidney Rice at this point.

I see him as a mid to late first rounder with the recent emergence of some other recievers.

Honestly I don't see how we don't pick up our future starting CB in the second. I think they'll be some good ones available at that point.
Old 03-14-2007   #4
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I think that's too high for Sidney Rice at this point.

I see him as a mid to late first rounder with the recent emergence of some other recievers.

Honestly I don't see how we don't pick up our future starting CB in the second. I think they'll be some good ones available at that point.
Are you saying too high for Sidney Rice as in he will not be there for us in the 2nd? And I agree that should be a good CB prospect in the 2nd and even the 3rd. But I would like us to take one in the 2nd also.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Are you saying too high for Sidney Rice as in he will not be there for us in the 2nd? And I agree that should be a good CB prospect in the 2nd and even the 3rd. But I would like us to take one in the 2nd also.
I'm saying I wouldn't personally take Sidney Rice that high because I think some better WR's will be available. But thats JMO.

I'm not saying he isn't worth the pick. I honestly don't know. I'm just saying that I think we can do better.

And I think we can get a 1st rd. caliber corner with that pick in the second.
Old 03-14-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

if you're gonna wait til the 3rd to take a FS, you better take a CB in the 2nd. sollai isnt what we're looking for at DT. we need a mobile guy who can rush the passer and move around.

1 quinn QB
2 eric wright CB
3 michael johnson FS
4 mike walker WR
5 datish/henderson/hall/barbre/frye OT
6 clifton ryan DT

id be pretty happy with that draft, but we still need to upgrade at DE and DT.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #7
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Look at thishttp://www.thefootballexpert.com/buresmockdraft.html mock ... they have JaMarcus Russell fallin to us at 8 believe it or not.
Old 03-14-2007   #8
freedoggy77
Veteran

I REALLY DO NOT WANT JAMARCUS RUSSELL IN A TEXANS UNIFORM. He may have an incredible arm but he is very questionable otherwise. I think the main reson they were so good is thanks to all the talent around him...and the DEFENSE with my man Landry
Old 03-15-2007   #9
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

The mock draft on the barnes and noble thread rocks
Old 03-15-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I agree with XT. And that doesn't happen very often. If you're looking for someone to bump Walters in training camp, you'd be much better off looking in the third round for a guy that matches the WCO WR. Over six one...200 pounds or better, 4.5 or better, and can block very very well with agression and attitude. Wanna to send Rice on the nine route every play he'd work. Got to get him off the line and on time for his patterns. There will be a learning curve with Rice on that. He's raw. Even if he's there, he's not a good fit for what we do here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read