Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-13-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boring Off Season So Far

waiting for something BIG to happen. must be about that time to start the "Official Houston Texans" Message Board Mock. I'm so sick & tired of watching other teams clean up in free agency, while the Texans remain status quo like the Carr saga- is he on or off the trading block? is anything gonna change in the short/long term to give us some hope with the draft inside 45 days a good three round mock draft will eat up over a month leaving us with a week or so countdown to "D" day.

what say y'all, ready to have some fun

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boring Off Season So Far

I guess the barage of all day pro day stuff is slated for tomorrow.

Yep on the cleaning up stuff. You can't make the sceen if you ain't got the green. At ten to thirteen million, we didn't have the green this off season.
Get it paid off this season. Intersting watching the titans start to move in on some guys. They got the extra draft picks to go after the RFAs. I'm sure Dungy is just loving them courting Nick Harper.
Old 03-13-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

here's the teams- in order. now all we need are the players & rules:

this is not the offical sign-up list but I'd like to see a mix of long time w short timers put together a realistic Mock Draft without trades unless the NFL team involved actually makes the move in time before the pick. a simple 24 hour clock, with no penalty, just thanks if y'all can speed things up so we can get in a full 3 rounds. if you can't post or check in everyday, don't sign up please. anyway its up to the mods, just throwing this up to the board for discussion. I'm soooo bored with free agency

1 Oakland
2 Detroit
3 Cleveland
4 Tampa Bay
5 Arizona
6 Washington
7 Minnesota
8 Houston
9 Miami
10 Atlanta
11 San Francisco
12 Buffalo
13 St. Louis
14 Carolina
15 Pittsburgh
16 Green Bay
17 Jacksonville
18 Cincinnati
19 Tennessee
20 New York Giants
21 Denver
22 Dallas
23 Kansas City
24 New England (from Seattle)
25 New York Jets
26 Philadelphia
27 New Orleans
28 New England
29 Baltimore
30 San Diego
31 Chicago
32 Indianapolis

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-13-2007   #4
stx-texans
Rookie

i would like to take minnesota if possible.
stx-texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #5
TLove21
Rookie

offseason is always boring bro!!

-Touche
TLove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLove21 View Post
offseason is always boring bro!!
yeah but for 5 years?

when will the Texans actually sign a star player or someone the fans can get excited about going into next season? how long will the fans support this organization with the product they put on the field year after year. all the pressure should not be on the draft picks, yet thats what we are left looking forward to seemingly without the ability/means to do a dog gone thing about it. frustrated with the process thats all

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-13-2007   #7
TLove21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yeah but for 5 years?

when will the Texans actually sign a star player or someone the fans can get excited about going into next season? how long will the fans support this organization with the product they put on the field year after year. all the pressure should not be on the draft picks, yet thats what we are left looking forward to seemingly without the ability/means to do a dog gone thing about it. frustrated with the process thats all
well i wouldnt know to that extent......also because im a niners fan

-Touche
TLove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2007   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I always up for a bit of a mock draft.

24 hour turn around max and then perhaps a two vote majority on the pick??
Old 03-14-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

in other news I adjusted my Texans picks 1-7. did not feel that Gaines Adams would be there @ #8 or Meriweather @ #39. so went back to my personel favorite Levi Brown with the 8th pick. also moved Charles Johnson into the 2nd rd. pick for the Texans at defensive end. would be a very nice compliment to Mario Williams & give the Texans a legit pass rusher. had to move up Keith Jackson, he ran a 4.85 40 on his Pro-Day @ 305 lbs thats impressive, seems like a natural NT but wouldn't mind using that speed to pressure the QB from an inside pass rush.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-14-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking at your picks in your signature there.

Not sold on Levi Brown at the moment, I can understand the need pick but is he BPA at a position we could use?? I still want Landry.

Like Johnson to play DE, and the rest are guys that can compete and contribute, it would be a solid draft.
Old 03-14-2007   #11
The Preacher
Veteran

Tennessee
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #12
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Shawn Barber is visiting, hope he signs.
Old 03-15-2007   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

I would be happy with boring if boring = selecting Levi Brown with the 8th pick & build for the future

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-15-2007   #14
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Oakland. I've always wanted to go first.

Beerlover,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one on the Keith Jackson bandwagon. He does look like a potential steal in the 6th, or 7th round. Wouldn't it be great if all of our picks could be significant contributors again, this year?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Beerlover,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one on the Keith Jackson bandwagon. He does look like a potential steal in the 6th, or 7th round. Wouldn't it be great if all of our picks could be significant contributors again, this year?
I guess I'll have to email Vinny & see whats up! its time to get things fired up, for those of us who have been around know it takes well over a month to finish the 1st & get deep into the 2nd little lone finish the 3rd rd. before the actual draft begins. I would also like to say publicly that I would prefeer Vinny to play the role of Texans GM. several other fans of teams who come here on a regular basis like Kats (Dolphins) should play their respective roles with great interest/insight.

speaking of boring what the he%! is up with the Texans & Leach don't tell me they're keeping Cook over him dooooh

Jeff Zgonina? nothing more than depth at best.....boring

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 03-15-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2007   #16
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagle fan since before their last NFL championship (that's a lot of years) and check in here twice a day even though I don't post much. Will do the Eagles, if you like.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i'll take the texans.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #18
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Cleveland.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

zgonina is washed up.

i'm shockingly taking miami.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll grab Tampa.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read