Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2004   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Make or break game for Dallas this weekend?

2-3 Dallas against the 2-4 Packers. Must win for both teams? What do you guys think?

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who ever loses will be sucking wind for sure. If the Packers actually show up, they should win, but who knows which team will show.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

It's definately a must win for both teams, but I really don't think either will make a serious playoff push. The Cowboys have a shot if the Giants crash and burn, but both teams will likely finish 3rd in their divisions.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #4
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
The Cowboys have a shot if the Giants crash and burn, but both teams will likely finish 3rd in their divisions.
I gotta disagree with that after seeing the way they played against the Steelers in the first 57 minutes of the game. If Richie Anderson wasnt right in front of Vinny for the fumble play, then there would be no fumble and no win for the Steelers. It was a freak play, that cost Dallas a big upset against the now 5-1 Steelers

Old 10-21-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think being that it's a home game for the Packers they will be the favorite.

I really truly think they're already playing for next year to be honest. Get Henson some time this year, and 2 high draft choices (which they almost always seem to waste although Roy Williams was a great choice) and maybe they'll be contenders next year.

They play stupid just like Parcells said. Of course sometimes he coaches the same way.

Edited to add that I've seen a few Packer games this year and I don't think they'll be in the playoffs this year. In fact I think the Texans have a very good chance of beating them soundly.

Last edited by WWJD; 10-21-2004 at 06:08 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #6
Panther5407
All Pro

I really think it is a must win. Just because both teams going from playoffs to this will break there spirts. It doesn't mean the season is over but it would take alot to get back.
Old 10-22-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
I gotta disagree with that after seeing the way they played against the Steelers in the first 57 minutes of the game. If Richie Anderson wasnt right in front of Vinny for the fumble play, then there would be no fumble and no win for the Steelers. It was a freak play, that cost Dallas a big upset against the now 5-1 Steelers
I can understand that, but the factor most against the Cowboys is that they're in the same division as the Eagles. The Eagles are playing great right now, and the Cowboys aren't going to be able to catch them with a non existant running game and a defense that although quick is getting run over by the likes of the Giants. I thought the Cowboys would finish 3rd in the division at the beginning of the season, but I thought the Redskins and Eagles would be the ones leading the NFC east and the Giants would be the bottom dwellers. If the Cowboys lose many more games they'll have to seriously consider putting Henson in and trying to let him get some NFL experience.
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2004   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm of the opinion that the Eagles, so far, are the team to beat in the whole NFC. I think maybe they are a step above the Vikes, Rams, Seahawks.

I don't like them but this may be their year.
Old 10-22-2004   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a freak play, that cost Dallas a big upset against the now 5-1 Steelers
What is that whiney sound I hear, I dunno, sounds alot like a little baby. Not to worry, the Cowboys are safe and secure in their impressive history in the
previous century as they morph into the Arlington Cowboys - the next newest team in the NFL.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
I can understand that, but the factor most against the Cowboys is that they're in the same division as the Eagles. The Eagles are playing great right now, and the Cowboys aren't going to be able to catch them with a non existant running game and a defense that although quick is getting run over by the likes of the Giants. I thought the Cowboys would finish 3rd in the division at the beginning of the season, but I thought the Redskins and Eagles would be the ones leading the NFC east and the Giants would be the bottom dwellers. If the Cowboys lose many more games they'll have to seriously consider putting Henson in and trying to let him get some NFL experience.
I see your point. It's going be real hard to get past the Eagles, they are the best in the NFC if not the NFL currently. But, I do think you're a bit to harsh on Dallas's running game. Eddie George, Richie Anderson, and Reshard Lee have all totaled up to have 434 yards in 5 games, compared to say Houston who has racked up 451 yards with Domanick Davis and Jonathen Wells in 6 games. See what I mean?

BTW, Nunusguy: I laugh every time I see your insecure hate posts to Dallas. Good times, good times

Old 10-22-2004   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

but man look at them cheerleaders,, as long as the cheer leaders keep on cheering i'll love them cow girls !!!! well as far as the team not much hope !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Will we win the Super Bowl this year? Not even close. Just making the playoffs is a seriously long...long-shot.

So why ruin a good opportunity at a great draft position? I say lose 'em all. Get your two top 10 picks (the other from Buffalo) and look forward to the future. I just hope Parcells/Jones doesn't trade both picks for players that have played for Parcells in the past.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I don't know about lose them all but I have no doubt that the Cowboys are not playoff contenders this year. They have way too many problems including some knucklehead coaching decisions this year to even sniff the playoffs. And besides there are too many other good NFC teams this year.

Henson hopefully will get thrown in there soon, take his beatings and we'll see what he's got.
Old 10-23-2004   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW, Nunusguy: I laugh every time I see your insecure hate posts to Dallas. Good times, good times
If you think my rather innocuous posts are hateful, you are truly an innocent person who has led a very sheltered life. Good luck to you in the future.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
I see your point. It's going be real hard to get past the Eagles, they are the best in the NFC if not the NFL currently. But, I do think you're a bit to harsh on Dallas's running game. Eddie George, Richie Anderson, and Reshard Lee have all totaled up to have 434 yards in 5 games, compared to say Houston who has racked up 451 yards with Domanick Davis and Jonathen Wells in 6 games. See what I mean?
Houston hasn't had much of a running game either, but we should have DD back at 100% (i hope) after the bye. Houston is in a tough division too, but most of the teams are evenly matched with the exception of Indy. With the NFC East you know that eventually Joe Gibbs will get his guys playing the way he wants, and he's bound to win a few games. The Giants are better than expected, and the Eagles...well they're just awesome at the moment. JJ has missed significant time, and he was the real threat in your backfield. It's hard to win in any division when a team can make you 1 dimensional, but if and when you get him back then the Cowboys will look much better. However, by then it might be Drew Henson's turn to take his licks and learn to be a NFL QB. I wish you luck, and perhaps you can face the Eagles when McNabb or TO have the flu or something.
Old 10-23-2004   #16
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
If you think my rather innocuous posts are hateful, you are truly an innocent person who has led a very sheltered life. Good luck to you in the future.
Well all the posts I've seen from you sure look like you hate Dallas. I'm actually suprised you think your posts aren't hateful to the Cowboys or as you like to call it " The Arlington Cowboys".
Your innocuos posts dont provoke me at all, as I said before I laugh about when I see them on almost every thread concerning Dallas

Quote:
Houston hasn't had much of a running game either, but we should have DD back at 100% (i hope) after the bye. Houston is in a tough division too, but most of the teams are evenly matched with the exception of Indy. With the NFC East you know that eventually Joe Gibbs will get his guys playing the way he wants, and he's bound to win a few games. The Giants are better than expected, and the Eagles...well they're just awesome at the moment. JJ has missed significant time, and he was the real threat in your backfield. It's hard to win in any division when a team can make you 1 dimensional, but if and when you get him back then the Cowboys will look much better. However, by then it might be Drew Henson's turn to take his licks and learn to be a NFL QB. I wish you luck, and perhaps you can face the Eagles when McNabb or TO have the flu or something.
lol, that would so unbelievably awesome if TO or Mcnabb had the flu.
I agree, JJ would help Dallas greatly at this point in the season, but you never know with these rookies now a days. I really hope it doesnt come down to Henson starting, (though it looks that way) I've really came to like Vinny's style of play and his good personality like Testaairde

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 10-23-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2004   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
lol, that would so unbelievably awesome if TO or Mcnabb had the flu.
I agree, JJ would help Dallas greatly at this point in the season, but you never know with these rookies now a days. I really hope it doesnt come down to Henson starting, (though it looks that way) I've really came to like Vinny's style of play and his good personality like Testaairde
Well just hope that the flu shot shortage is in effect for the Eagles locker room. Dallas had a rough loss against GB today, and if they lose another game in that fashion they might start Henson. Testaverde has done better than most have expected, and the blame isn't on him for Dallas' performance thus far. Henson will have a much rougher time in there at QB than Testarverde, but the Cowboys will be essientially playing for the 2005 season. Bad running game + a less than mobile QB = Battered QB + More L's than W's. Henson might be able to avoid a sack or two with his legs, but he'll also walk into some that Testaverde would avoid through his NFL experience. Good luck to you and the Cowboys. Henson looks like a good talent, but he's still pretty rough around the edges. Hopefully some time under Parcells will help make him into a very good NFL QB.
Old 10-24-2004   #18
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

How many more games before we hear about Jerrah Jones looking into a new head coach??

Maybe someone should send Parcells some Pepto Bismal or something soon.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #19
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

I'm very frusturated about that loss. Dallas needs JJ and a improved running game fast. Not to mention a defense. Lets start with the backfield's problems.

1.)CB Newman was supposed to be the break out star that he was last season. Not anymore, he hasnt played well at all, he dropped a easy interception pass today that would have been returned for 6 easily.

2.)BIG mistake to not resigning CB Mario Edwards. His former backup Pete Hunter started first few games and played averagely. Guess what happens? He gets a season ending injury. Now Dallas has Tyrone Williams who just happend to sign on the team 2 weeks ago. He doesnt look good at all

3.) Darren Woodson, was the man at strong safety last season. Not anymore, ofcourse to Dallas's luck he gets a back injury during the off season, making his below average backup Tony Dixon start

4.) Another BIG mistake. Not keeping DE Ekuban and instead signinig M. Wiley. I haven't seen anything from him yet. The only good play I've seen from him was when he sacked Kurt Warner in a game of Madden 2005 I played

Offense is definetly a big improvment over last season. Testaverde, has been doing great and has been doing some serious rackage of points for my FF team. Glenn, Keyshawn, and the new guy Quincy Morgan look fairly good. They just have to punch it in the endzone more instead of just settling for a field goal everytime.

Hopefully Dallas will get it back together against Detroit in Dallas next Sunday. Lol, maybe Dallas can draft Cedric Benson in the 05' draft

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 10-24-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2004   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, the way Dallas is playing, that 3rd round pick is starting to look better & better. Casserly is a genius.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read