Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-13-2007   #1
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst Case Scenario?

Who do you think we would draft in this scenario?

Oak- Jamarcus Russell

Det- Brady Quinn

Cle- Adrian Peterson

Tam- Calvin Johnson

Ari- Joe Thomas

Was- Gaines Adams

Min- LaRon Landry

In my opinion, I believe this is the worst situation we could be put in. I would want go with Reggie Nelson, but I'm not sure if his stock is high enough for us to pick him. Maybe we could trade down, but with who?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst Case Scenario?

Well got your choice of Both highly rated d-line guys. Move down and take the Best CB/FS prospect.

Take Levi Brown and for SURE solve RT for ten years...at worst. At best...his long arms, quick feet and big powerful caboose, makes up a lot of the poor forty time. And in this system, he becomes a monster OLT and we actually get see a QB get off a seven step drop pass patern. That would be something completly different , wouldn't it ?
Old 03-13-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

nelson or brown. can't go wrong with either.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be happy with any of these four: Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson, but if we're going to take Nelson I would want to trade down.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #5
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

If we take leon hall i will cry i saw in mel kipers latest mock he has him going to us

jus the idea of hall gives me thought of him getting burnt over and over

no thank you
Old 03-13-2007   #6
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Okoye or Brown.

Okoye -- there are only so many double-teams an O-line can put on.
Brown -- addresses a position of need
Nelson, Hall, Anderson -- not sure of the value at #8.

All that said, maybe Lynch's stock rises to the point where the phone rings, and we see about sliding back a bit to still pick up either Brown or Nelson.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we take Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, or Amobi Okoye.

Whoever is rated highest on our board at that point...we'd take.

I don't know who we'd have up top but i think all or most would be higher than lynch, brown, and nelson.

Personally I'd like to see Okoye...but my guess would be..

The Texans would select Alan Branch for DT.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2007   #8
DenverBorn
Veteran

Generally I would say trade down here as the talent level at 8-15 is pretty even, IMO. Except the last time we did that, we passed on Jamaal brown and Derrick Johnson, and ended up with a slug.

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Generally I would say trade down here as the talent level at 8-15 is pretty even, IMO. Except the last time we did that, we passed on Jamaal brown and Derrick Johnson, and ended up with a slug.
Jabba the Hut ?
Old 03-13-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If that is the worst case we're in good shape to get a good prospect.

Nelson, Okoye, Anderson... all guys who can make an impact I would think.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If that is the worst case we're in good shape to get a good prospect.

Nelson, Okoye, Anderson... all guys who can make an impact I would think.
Yeppers, I would say so....
Old 03-13-2007   #12
whiskeyrbl

Okoye or maybe trade down for additional picks.
Old 03-13-2007   #13
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

if this is the way the draft goes I would come mighty close to tears. however I would take one of these guys: Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, Reggie Nelson or Alan Branch. or else trade down with Buffalo/Green Bay
Old 03-13-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamaal Anderson is the no brainer pick here....young bookend pass rushers for the D for years and years.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Okoye or maybe trade down for additional picks.
If there is nothing we want here, who would want to trade up?? & for whom would they be trading up for??
Old 03-13-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If there is nothing we want here, who would want to trade up?? & for whom would they be trading up for??
You are in the same thinking as me..
That's the thing I don't get about when people say "if player X isn't there we trade down". Now it's true that some teams will like a different player than us but face it...If adrian Peterson is there at 8...we will find a trading partner easier than if he's not. I know what people are saying when they say that sort of thing but if you really want to trade down...you better hope a really big stud falls to you and you will get more compensation for him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #17
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well New Orleans traded for Jamaal Brown, who we didn't deem to be good enough to pick. Oh yeah, he was the All-Pro left tackle in 2006. So someone will think they are smarter than the Texans (good bet) and trade into the 8 spot.

The more that I wait, the more time that I waste
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #18
AtheGreat
Veteran

brown or branch would be the only options. john henderson 2.0 or a solution to a Oline in need of help. i'd hope it wouldn't come down to this though.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Well New Orleans traded for Jamaal Brown, who we didn't deem to be good enough to pick. Oh yeah, he was the All-Pro left tackle in 2006. So someone will think they are smarter than the Texans (good bet) and trade into the 8 spot.
I'm just asking to get an idea of who our trading partner would be....... & whether what kind of extra pick we'd get.
Old 03-14-2007   #20
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy, Jamaal Anderson - Babin is the only DE opposite MW, Weaver is not a DE who can pressure the QB, Weaver is more efective as a DT. Okoye and Branch cannot pressure the QB like Anderson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read