Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2007   #1
SESupergenius

Default Odd that Carr hasn't been moved?

You'd think that with all the "great" reporting by McClain, Justice and Cold Pizza last week that Carr would have been moved by now. Isn't this funny? So much for the insight that these guys have. Can anyone tell me what these guys have reported on that has come true?

My bet is that the Texans were trying to coax Carr into restructuring his contract (ala AJ) and he wouldn't budge. Hence a rumor was started that he will be traded and/or Plummer will come in and that Quinn is our highest priority in the draft, just to shake Carr's stance a little and that the intention all along was for him to be the Quarterback at a reduced price.

Makes me wonder.
Old 03-13-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Odd that Carr hasn't been moved?

an average QB paid superstar money? Not a mystery why he is still here. John McClain has nothing to do with that. No way they extend him for more years....I can't see that at all.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #3
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

john mcclain is a retard and looks/sounds like he's about to have a heart attack. just look him up on youtube.. "grunt...I'm...here....with....UH QB...Kevin Kolb....my...mancrush"
Old 03-13-2007   #4
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
an average QB paid superstar money? Not a mystery why he is still here. John McClain has nothing to do with that. No way they extend him for more years....I can't see that at all.
I was specifically talking about the "rumor" going around last week that Carr was to be traded. It lit this place like a wild fire and yet there is no fire, but plenty of smoke.

And don't act like they just can't get rid of high priced players, the Texans are notorious in doing that. Do you want examples?
Old 03-13-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
I was specifically talking about the "rumor" going around last week that Carr was to be traded. It lit this place like a wild fire and yet there is no fire, but plenty of smoke.

And don't act like they just can't get rid of high priced players, the Texans are notorious in doing that. Do you want examples?
I never said they couldn't get rid of him....my whole take this off-season is the fact that they are trying hard to replace him. To me, that is obvious.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #6
Nicky Santoro
Rookie

Carr will be gone soon enough. Remember: Patience is a virtue.
Old 03-13-2007   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
I never said they couldn't get rid of him....my whole take this off-season is the fact that they are trying hard to replace him. To me, that is obvious.
I'm not convinced YET they want to move him. He's been might quiet that's for sure so to me it seems as if he thinks he's gone but as it stands i'm still not convinced the FO will find anything better or even equal to him to bring in.
Old 03-13-2007   #8
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
-rick smith admits openly they are listening to offers.
-they go hard after jeff garcia, to probably be the starter.
-there have been strong reports that the only reason plummer isn't here is the draft compensation wasnt agreed to by the Texans. Plummer has said himself he would want to be the starter wherever he ends up.
-at least one player has come out and cracked him publicly.

you just dont do stuff like that if you are planning on keeping DC as your starter. that's why there needs to be change, there is just no chance for #8 to succeed, and the FO hasn't exactly come out and given a strong vote of confidence other than rick smith saying "#8's our QB, for now..." i think this forum would melt down if something were to actually happen.
Old 03-13-2007   #9
real

Quote:

I can't see the reasoning behind actively going after a QB to try and convince Carr to lower his contract...

That would make it even harder to bring back a guy, who you've sat down and asked to take a pay cut....He refuses....And then to threaten him by courting various QBs ?

To me that seems like it'd make the situation even more stickier....

That'd be like asking your wife of 5yrs if she'd like an "open" relationship, she refuses, and says just divorce me....You then taunt her by bringing other women around trying to force her into an "open" relationship...

The relationship is ruined...there's no making up from that without serious counseling...

You don't think that would cause even more tension ?
Old 03-13-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft-day trade.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #11
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I have been thinking the same thing. There are certain things that I have read in the Chronicle that makes it seem like Carr being traded is simply a foregone conclusion, although no one every provides real facts to back-up this conclusion. It seems to me like the new front office may be creating this speculation to either disguise their intentions in the draft and/or drum up perceived interest in certiain players to create value....that, or I am just spending too much time on these message boards.

In my mind, our front office has set a value for Carr and is not willing to move from this value. That being said, I don't think that we are done exploring all available options and as the draft moves closer new opportunities will arise.
It would not surprise me to see a draft day transaction that moves Carr and draft picks.

All the speculation is what makes the off-season so much fun.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think he's most likely going to be moved on the day of the draft...hopefully day 1.
Old 03-13-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
-rick smith admits openly they are listening to offers.
-there have been strong reports that the only reason plummer isn't here is the draft compensation wasnt agreed to by the Texans. Plummer has said himself he would want to be the starter wherever he ends up.

you just dont do stuff like that if you are planning on keeping DC as your starter. that's why there needs to be change, there is just no chance for #8 to succeed, and the FO hasn't exactly come out and given a strong vote of confidence other than rick smith saying "#8's our QB, for now..." i think this forum would melt down if something were to actually happen.
Preaching to the choir my man. I've been saying the same. Too much vitriole to make a happy year next year. Could not agree more. I think it will be a draft day thing. I also think that it is crazy to assume Plummer's retirement is perm.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-13-2007 at 04:05 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #14
SESupergenius

Quote:
They went after him, but obviously not too hard. If the Texans were serious about changing Carr out, they would have paid for another starting QB.
Quote:
could be that the Texans couldn't say he was the starter or not. Once again, they would have paid to have another QB, not just wing it going into preseason.
Quote:
Carr won't be cracking on Dunta for his whole 2 int's last year, he's kinda got a little class. It's a team game.

Quote:
They did re-sign him last season, so there is your vote of confidence.
Old 03-13-2007   #15
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I have been thinking the same thing. There are certain things that I have read in the Chronicle that makes it seem like Carr being traded is simply a foregone conclusion, although no one every provides real facts to back-up this conclusion. It seems to me like the new front office may be creating this speculation to either disguise their intentions in the draft and/or drum up perceived interest in certiain players to create value....that, or I am just spending too much time on these message boards.

In my mind, our front office has set a value for Carr and is not willing to move from this value. That being said, I don't think that we are done exploring all available options and as the draft moves closer new opportunities will arise.
It would not surprise me to see a draft day transaction that moves Carr and draft picks.

All the speculation is what makes the off-season so much fun.
I agree, I think that almost everyone on this team can be had for a set price. If a reporter is asking the question specifically about Carr then sure the answer is yes, we entertain offers on Carr. It wouldn't surpise me either if they pulled a draft day deal for Carr, teams will be a little less conservative at that point and Finally some else can get Casserliezed.
Old 03-13-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
john mcclain is a retard and looks/sounds like he's about to have a heart attack. just look him up on youtube.. "grunt...I'm...here....with....UH QB...Kevin Kolb....my...mancrush"
He does at least get to work with Anna-Megan.. but I agree with you on his man-crushes... Vince last year, and as you mention Kevin Kolb this year..
Old 03-13-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr won't be cracking on Dunta for his whole 2 int's last year, he's kinda got a little class. .
Dunta probably said what alot of the team wanted to. Have you seen anyone since then come out and challenge what he said?Maybe a bad move but one that needed to be said. By the way, guys like PacMan and Jammer only had 4 ints and Vasher had 2 I believe. Not all good dbs get ints.

Despite your comments above, not everyone is available for the right price. AJ and others would not be touched. If you are the QB, you have a vote of confidence or not...you aren't left in the air.
Old 03-13-2007   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Draft-day trade.
I agree, it's smelling like that right now. Then again, so much stuff can happen, but if I HAD to put money on this whole Carr thing, my bet would be draft day.

I'll rather see him leave tomorrow though, that would result in an instant guinness-fest, and I feel like drinking
Old 03-13-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

To understand what the Texans are doing with Carr right now, one only has to look back one year to the Titans for reference. It is the same exact thing except there isnt as much of an uproar because McNair had delivered for the Titans (superbowl, playoffs, conference championship games, etc.) and Carr has yet to deliver anything of note for the Texans. And the fact that the Texans are reportedly being shrewd isn't a problem for me either. They should hold out for as long as possible.

The Texans are trying to get as much as possible for Carr and who can blame them? Carr has over 70 career NFL starts. Carr has some of the tools that a NFL GM looks for. He is without doubt the 2nd best QB that is currently on the trading block and would come much cheaper (both in picks and contract) than Trent Green, the #1 QB on the trading block. I FULLY support them getting anything they can for Carr and I fully support them waiting until the last minute (June cap deadline) to do so. I am fine with Sage as our starter and we will be able to peruse the June cap casualty list for a backup or possible competition in camp (Plummer, Garcia, Simms, Kitna, etc.) I would have no problem letting Sage getting a chance. I think he has earned it and AJ and him have been working out a lot together this offseason. That makes me smile as a Texans fan.

I wish Carr the best wherever he goes (as long as its NFC of course) and actually think there are a few spots where he may have a chance to resurrect his career but its not gonna be with the Texans.

To sum up: IMHO He won't be traded until the last few days before the June cap deadline ala McNair. If there are no takers, he will be June cap casualty.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 03-13-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #20
wrestler4life
Veteran

I think that we can speculate all we want, but until it actually happens, DC is our starter and we need to get over it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read