Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-13-2007   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 3rd & 4th rd QBs.

I hear that getting Kolb in the third is just as good as getting Quinn in the first, since they'll have to sit for a year before they can be counted on to contribute to our wins.

What I'd like to know, since 1992, which QB taken after the second round would you like to compare Kolb's(or Zabransky or whoever you'd like for us to take after that 2nd) career to??

Tom Brady?? sure... but who else?? What other QB(since the start of free agency) taken after the second round has helped his team into the play offs??
Old 03-13-2007   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd & 4th rd QBs.

Im not so sure about just as good. For one...I think Brady Quinn would be ready earlier, just because of his experience with a NFL offensive genius. Then you got to look at down the road....even if neither play in the first year...that doesn't mean it is just as good to get Kolb over Quinn...you gotta think about long run too.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dan Fouts, Steve Young, Marc Bulger, and Mark Brunell went after round 2
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hear that getting Kolb in the third is just as good as getting Quinn in the first, since they'll have to sit for a year before they can be counted on to contribute to our wins.

What I'd like to know, since 1992, which QB taken after the second round would you like to compare Kolb's(or Zabransky or whoever you'd like for us to take after that 2nd) career to??

Tom Brady?? sure... but who else?? What other QB(since the start of free agency) taken after the second round has helped his team into the play offs??
Hasselback was taken 187th...I remember from the NFLN commercial.
Old 03-13-2007   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Some QBs I will be watching to see where and when they go, all can be had after the 2nd round.

Jeff Rowe Nevada
John Beck B.Y.U.
Jared Zabransky Boise State
Brett Ratliff Utah
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #6
baba ganoush
Veteran

I believe the best quarterback in the history of the NFL was taken in third round; JOE MONTANA QB / NOTRE DAME
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Matt Schaub 3rd is being regarded around here as a hero

Mark Bulger 6th
Brian Griese 3rd
Matt Hasselback 6th
Mark Brunnell 5th
Trent Green 8th
Brad Johnson 9th

plus

Tom Brady 6th
Old 03-13-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
I believe the best quarterback in the history of the NFL was taken in third round; JOE MONTANA QB / NOTRE DAME
four stars bubba. Your best post in two months. Rep your way.

Brees= Tatar tot. We'll see. 6' is still 6' the last time I checked.

Quote:
Jeff Rowe Nevada
John Beck B.Y.U.
Jared Zabransky Boise State
Brett Ratliff Utah
Prety fair list there painkiller. Agreed.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #9
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Mark Bulger 6th
Brian Griese 3rd
Matt Hasselback 6th
Mark Brunnell 5th
Trent Green 8th
Brad Johnson 9th

plus

Tom Brady 6th

you've got it. if we pass on kolb and take zabransky in the 6th i hope he is the next brady/bulger
Old 03-13-2007   #10
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I'll throw in a couple more...Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme both took their teams to the Superbowl. Both were undrafted.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #11
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Kurt Warner

Warren Moon.

Both went undrafted.

Edit: didn't see the post above me...lol
Old 03-13-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not buying it either.
Quote:
Mark Bulger 6th
This is exactly the kind of guy I'm talking about. Drafted in the sixth, but definitely a top ten QB in the league today.
Quote:
Brian Griese 3rd
personally, I wouldn't put Griese on my list. I don't think he was successful. Of course, I could be wrong, but he's only had one good year. Personally I believe he is at best a back-up QB.
Quote:
Matt Hasselback 6th
I'm not a fan... but yes, a successful QB... top ten surely.
Quote:
Mark Brunnell 5th
There was a time... I'd agree he's been successful in this league.
Quote:
Trent Green 8th
Definitely top ten in todays league. Questions about his age & durability sure... but the guy can play.
Quote:
Brad Johnson 9th
I don't know what to say about him. When he's on, he's on. He's had success, has shown that he should at least compete for a starting job. Far as I know, health has never been an issue.
Quote:
plus

Tom Brady 6th
Yeah, Brady... might squeak onto a few top 10 lists.

Edit:Just looked at Griese's career stats... He was most likely better than I remember, and should be on my list of "successful" QBs drafted after the second round(since 1992).
Old 03-13-2007   #13
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Neil O'Donnell.
Old 03-13-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
I'll throw in a couple more...Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme both took their teams to the Superbowl. Both were undrafted.
Can't deny that. Warner & Jake should also be on the list.
Old 03-13-2007   #15
real

Here's a list of every QB taken since 1967: http://www.theredzone.org/draft_hist...sp?Position=QB
Old 03-13-2007   #16
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

1st pick 8th rd 1983 Gary Kubiak
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read