Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2004   #1
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Madden Online

I was wondering if anyone here plays Madden 2005 (pc) online? If so then maybe we could play sometimes. My user id is: Nawzer4.
Old 10-21-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I got it for PC but wont have time to play till this weekend....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

What's it like for PC(controls etc)? do you have a controller or do you use the mouse?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
What's it like for PC(controls etc)? do you have a controller or do you use the mouse?
I bought a controller that is almost like a PS2 controller but my only problem is that I cant call a timeout during online play because there is no pause button ...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was playing it at a friends house back in Spring and the hit stick alone almost sold me on the game. Do all the other controls work fine and is it free to play it online on PC?

Old 10-21-2004   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah it's free to play it online for the pc version. You get a set number of tokens to start out with. As for the controllers, it depends on what kind of quality they are. As for the pause button all you have to do is to press start and the game will pause. Timeouts are the select button. Anyway, it's a lot of fun for example, there was this guy today I was playing and he kept on blitzing me and I only had 22yds of offense the entire first half. He on the other hand scored a td but missed the extra point. During the second half I adjusted and ran the ball right at him so I picked up a lot of yards on the ground and he kept blitzing me. He than had to adjust and backed off for a while and I completed some short passes to the tight end. For some reason he got frustrated and blitzed again and I just ran DD to the endzone 3 times and ended up winning the game. There are also online leagues, so if there are enough of us we can create our own league and stuff.
Old 10-21-2004   #7
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I play Madden PC Online. I'm what I call w00tin uber with it. Fiddy and Nawzer, I need to play you guys this weekend

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 10-21-2004 at 04:25 PM.
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2004   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

hmm...maybe ill put up the 50 and pick it up this weekend. I never got it for xbox since i got espn 2k5

what do you mean by tokens?

Last edited by ledzeppelin229; 10-21-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2004   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

What I meant by tokens is that you start out with like 1500 credits/points. It's sort of like an entry fee. If you win you get the other guy's points and if you loose the other guy gets you're points. Usually each game ranges around 250-500 points.

Cowboys: I'll gladly play you. I'm kind of new to the online football thing but I'm learning everyday.
Old 10-22-2004   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Can you create games by any chance? I can't because I have some weird fire wall thing going on which makes me not able to create games. I just join them

Old 10-23-2004   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

I went and got it tonight, but the only controller at walmart was apparently some crappy one (it isnt working so good) so im gonna make a trip to best buy or gamestop sometime tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2004   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

lol, ive been playing madden all morning long

Old 10-23-2004   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

I can create games but i have 56k and it lags horribly when i play online.
Old 10-23-2004   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I play it on the X-Box (along with ESPN2k5, too)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read