Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2007   #1
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover
Default The most ridiculous Carr replacement candidates...

Who can name the funniest QB in the post-Carr era?
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The most ridiculous Carr replacement candidates...

Drew Bledsoe....
Old 03-13-2007   #3
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

To give you an idea of where I'm going with this...

It's a combination of Jeff Garcia and one of the phantom twins from The Matrix: Reloaded.
Old 03-13-2007   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
To give you an idea of where I'm going with this...

It's a combination of Jeff Garcia and one of the phantom twins from The Matrix: Reloaded.
I thought it was Matt Stevens.

So white, so "street."

It just screamed Matthew Stevens.
Old 03-13-2007   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Any of the guys we've been "reportedly" chasing:

Garcia

Plummer

Ramsey

Quinn

Any of those guys. The two vets are severely overrated, IMO. Ramsey is Sage Rosenfels without the neat first name like Sage has. Quinn is over-hyped, IMO.

Jemarcus Russell, IMO, is the only QB in this year's draft that has the potential for producing early, and perhaps for being a great game-changing QB. But I think he's still a bigger gamble than VY ever was, IMO.

QBs can be had in later rounds. And so many of the "great" QBs HAVE BEEN found in later rounds. To use a high pick on Quinn would be sheer folly, IMO.
Old 03-13-2007   #6
jdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post

Garcia

Plummer

Ramsey

Quinn

Any of those guys. The two vets are severely overrated, IMO. Ramsey is Sage Rosenfels without the neat first name like Sage has. Quinn is over-hyped, IMO.

Jemarcus Russell, IMO, is the only QB in this year's draft that has the potential for producing early, and perhaps for being a great game-changing QB. But I think he's still a bigger gamble than VY ever was, IMO.

QBs can be had in later rounds. And so many of the "great" QBs HAVE BEEN found in later rounds. To use a high pick on Quinn would be sheer folly, IMO.
I'm sorry but the phantom Garcia is a bigger game changer than Russell. An entire defense COULD take Russell down, but not the phantom Garcia.
Old 03-13-2007   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Chris Weinke

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 03-13-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2007   #8
A Texan
Veteran

Billy Volek, the guy Carr played behind at Fresno State...
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #9
TommyS
Veteran

marques tuiasososososososososoopo

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235251
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #10
jdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
Billy Volek, the guy Carr played behind at Fresno State...
Hey, I like Volek. We should go after him.
Old 03-13-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Technically, its not the post-Carr era.... yet.

But my answer is Stoney Case....
Old 03-13-2007   #12
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

How about Kerry(give me a drink)Collins,if you keep the bars open an extra two hours he'll come to you cheap.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #13
DarkNinja
Veteran

What about Romo? Hey you asked for ridiculous...
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

Garcia

Plummer

Ramsey

Quinn

says the huge Carr homer. to not respect Garcia is just insane and Quinn is more of a sure thing than Russell...but whatever. what do you expect from a Dominick Davis fan...turn the page, the guys career is over....
Old 03-13-2007   #15
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I am surprised that no one has said it yet, but I will...

Sage Rosenfels
Old 03-13-2007   #16
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Garcia

Plummer

Ramsey

Quinn

Quinn will have a better career then all of those. Might be overhyped but he's got all the tools to be an all pro. Can't say the same about the others Jeff Garcia aside Earlier in his career but it took him a while to latch on to a team.

Yeah QBs can be had in later rounds but looking at the odds of a first round Qb panning out more then a late round Qb...i think i'll take the first rounder.
Old 03-13-2007   #17
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Thumbs down Re: The most ridiculous Carr replacement candidates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
uh...sage isn't a RIDICULOUS carr replacement. more like feasable.
you're right...just ridiculous.Minus the capitlization.

It's one thing to bea good back up behind a good starter but Sage has been to two places in dire need of a QB at the time and couldn't take the reins.

One good half of football against a bad defense doesn't equatea good starter....unless you're lowballing for the draft next year and Brohm.
Old 03-13-2007   #18
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Quote:

Garcia

Plummer

Ramsey

Quinn

your "IMO" pisses me off bc its so repetetive. what does it mean anyways?

anyways yeah quinn sucks
Old 03-13-2007   #19
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
anyways yeah quinn sucks
IMO means"In My Opinion" if that was what you were questioning.
Old 03-13-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post

anyways yeah quinn sucks
Are you serious... if you are IMO= In my opinion.

If you weren't serious, I apologize

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read