Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007   #1
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Briggs:I'll never play another down for Chicago

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6562918?MSNHPHMA

"I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again." - Briggs

Pretty interesting.
Old 03-12-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Briggs:I'll never play another down for Chicago

Something's up with that FO. The players and coaches appear to hate them.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

david carr and our 2nd round for briggs...........?

i know we dont have the money, but i wish we did, 10 bucks says the 49ers get him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
david carr and our 2nd round for briggs...........?

i know we dont have the money, but i wish we did, 10 bucks says the 49ers get him
He wants to be the man and with D Ryans here he will not be the man. I do understand why he is upset. If he gets hurt next year he is just flat out FUBAR. He wants the security of a long term deal, if you can a long term deal in the NFL security.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a whiner.

If players were going to complain this much about the franchise tags, why did they allow them to be instituted?

You are being paid higher than all but the 2 highest paid players at your position. Thats enough money to last a lifetime
Old 03-12-2007   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

7.9 million a year and hes complaining. Something is wrong with that picture.
Old 03-12-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I feel for the guy. Kind of stupid when you don't even get a chance to test yourself in the open market. He deserves to make as much money as he possible can. The Bears were stupid to use the tag on him, knowing he'd only make $7.9 million

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It has more to do with the FO. The players badmouth them, and others around the league lost a great deal of respect when the NFL had to step in to give Lovie Smith a fair deal.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
It has more to do with the FO. The players badmouth them, and others around the league lost a great deal of respect when the NFL had to step in to give Lovie Smith a fair deal.
and they were almost ready to fire him... crazy old men over there in chi town...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #10
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

http://www.rosenhaussports.com/home.php

the man behind the deal.

Sounds like he even canned Facenda's voice for his promo reel.
Old 03-13-2007   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be mad too. But the players union shouldnt have agreed to let the owners use a fran/trans tag on players.

FA nobodies are getting 7.9 million, and you think he is going to be happy getting the same with no contract, and no big time signing bonus. I would have either signed him, or transition tagged him, that way its not impossible to get something in return for him.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #12
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I would be mad too. But the players union shouldnt have agreed to let the owners use a fran/trans tag on players.
That would be my point too. You agreed to the CBA, so honor it. If the NFLPA were a better organization, they'd have eliminated the franchise tag last year when they made the new labor deal.
Old 03-13-2007   #13
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default could we trade for briggs?

trade greenwood and a 3rd for briggs? the bears have lost a lot of leverage the past week, so could this deal work?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: could we trade for briggs?

Lord please be merciful to those who are about to impose on this thread. Because you are a merciful God help them to be merciful to our fellow brothers who have ideas like this. It is not their fault it is the offseasons fault. I am in noways perfect so I won't point fingers. Just put it in everyone's heart to be merciful.

Amen!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think that if Chicago franchised him, they certainly would want way more than that....
Old 03-13-2007   #16
htownfoozball
Veteran

well if he plans to sit out, then why would we give them more? they already traded jones and their 2nd just to move up in the 2nd...
Old 03-13-2007   #17
mamoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think the Texans have enough under the cap to do this. They will need some for their draft picks. I also don't think they want a 1 year rental who's looking for mega huge dollars.
mamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Queue the Budweiser Thank You Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggester Guy ad.
Old 03-13-2007   #19
htownfoozball
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoo View Post
I don't think the Texans have enough under the cap to do this. They will need some for their draft picks. I also don't think they want a 1 year rental who's looking for mega huge dollars.
well we should be around $35 million under the cap next year
Old 03-13-2007   #20
wrestler4life
Veteran

I know that he ig good, but why would we want a guy that is sitting out because he got tagged as a franchise player. Character, anyone?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read