Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-12-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Logical Scenario

If we were to trade with Green Bay, that would allow us to gain a second round pick for the deal to be fair. If Adrain Peterson were to fall to us at eight, I think we could pull the trigger to make the deal...

Texans Draft:
1: Reggie Nelson (S) - Florida
2: Sidney Rice (WR) - South Carolina
2: Ryan Kalil (C) - USC
3: Kevin Kolb (QB) - Houston
4: Josh Wilson (CB) - Maryland
5: Keith Jackson (DT) - Arkansas
6: Justin Warren (ILB) - Texas A&M
7: Kasey Studdard (OG) - Texas

With a prayer that Reggie Nelson fell all the way to 16, I think it would be worth it to pull the trigger and have hopes that everything else works out the way we would want...I like this mock and think it would be great if we could land all of these guys!!!
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default Re: Logical Scenario

that would be AWESOME
Old 03-12-2007   #3
K.D.
Veteran

What if we didn't trade with no1, and stayed at #8, how would your draft look then? As for as this one goes, i really like this scenario. Getting some legit talent in areas of needs, nice mock. Hope we can pull that trade, tho!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be disappointed with this draft. It seems to me that our secondary is priority #1 and WR/OL/DL #2.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #5
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
If we were to trade with Green Bay, that would allow us to gain a second round pick for the deal to be fair. If Adrain Peterson were to fall to us at eight, I think we could pull the trigger to make the deal...

Texans Draft:
1: Reggie Nelson (S) - Florida
3: Kevin Kolb (QB) - Houston
4: Josh Wilson (CB) - Maryland
5: Keith Jackson (DT) - Arkansas
6: Justin Warren (ILB) - Texas A&M

With a prayer that Reggie Nelson fell all the way to 16, I think it would be worth it to pull the trigger and have hopes that everything else works out the way we would want...I like this mock and think it would be great if we could land all of these guys!!!
In general, I am on record as being in favor of trading back.
However, if AD is on the board at #8, we pull the trigger on AD.

I am not sure Kalil will be on the board by the time we pick in round 2. But if he is there...
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #6
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post

Texans Draft:
1: Reggie Nelson (S) - Florida Chris Houston (CB)Arkansas
3: Rufus Alexander (LB) - Oklahoma
4: Brandon Mebane (DT) - California
5: Mario Henderson (LT) - Flordia State
6: Justin Medlock (K) - UCLA

I'm starting to think Nelson won't be available so I'll submit Chris Houston. The other picks are just disagreements.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I'm starting to think Nelson won't be available so I'll submit Chris Houston. The other picks are just disagreements.
No QB? I like it, but it means that we are grooming no one.

BTW, Alexander+Ryans= 2 bad a** MOFO LB's.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2007   #8
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
No QB? I like it, but it means that we are grooming no one.

BTW, Alexander+Ryans= 2 bad a** MOFO LB's.
I'm willing to give Carr another year in Kubiak's system, though Kubiak may not be as forgiving.

I'd rather wait and groom Ainge, Brennan, Brohm, or Henne.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #9
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Not too bad. But with Cleveland trading away Droughns and a one year deal for Jamal Lewis you can pencil AP in at #3.

I think the most legit trade we could probably pul lat this point is Quinn or Russell falls to us at 8 and someone like Carolina who might be looking to start grooming someone behind Delhomme. He totally ruined my fantasy team this year. Just wondering what happened to him this year and if it was just bad year or something. I thought Adding Keyshawn opposite of Smith and drafting Williams that team would surely be pressing for the SB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read