Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: What should the Texans do?
Draft LaRon Landry 35 53.85%
Draft Brady Quinn 15 23.08%
Draft Amobi Okoye 3 4.62%
Trade Down 7 10.77%
Other 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007   #1
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default With the 8th pick in the 2007 Draft...

the Houston Texans select...
Vote for your pick & explain why. Personally, I would vote for Landry.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!

Last edited by Clash_Fan3605; 03-12-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: With the 8th pick in the 2007 Draft...

should've put like 10 options...

but i'll go quinn there.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

LaRon Landry...not only would he improve the secondary, but he would also help improve the entire defense as well.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4
real

If Quinn and Landry are on the clock at the same time you can forget about Laron being a Texan.

That wouldn't make much sense to me anyway.
Old 03-12-2007   #5
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

I beleive LaRon would not only solidify our needs in the secondary, but he would improve our pass rush as well. The better the coverage, the longer the QB has to wait for an open man. My
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
If Quinn and Landry are on the clock at the same time you can forget about Laron being a Texan.

That wouldn't make much sense to me anyway.
To me it makes sense. I think we're drafting to win now, not for the future...and that's why I think the Texans will go with Landry or at least, some type of impact player. The Texans have many needs, and QB is one of them, however, it is not as high as a player which can come in and start immediately. Not sit under <insert Texans QB>, waiting to play in a year or two? However, I do think the Texans will address the QB need but only in the later rounds. Just my

Last edited by alphajoker; 03-12-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: changed from "playing" to "drafting"
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quinn doesn't help us NOW. Landry or Okoye does. Our defense is on the brink of being very very good. I see no reason to draft Quinn and have to wait for 3-4 years for him to get it together b/c I doubt he'll come in and have instant success like last year's class had (moderately).
Old 03-12-2007   #8
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

if those three guys are there, I think the Texans should take Quinn. Since chances are greater that Quinn won't be there, than the chances are that Okoye & Landry won't, it makes it easier to build a case, that Quinn is the BPA of that group.

I also believe people are blowing this FS thing out of proportion. With the talk before last season, that we needed help at the FS position, I paid particular attention to that position, and I've come away with a totally different conclucion.

I don't see FS as a need we need to fill desperately. I would give our safeties a better grade than I would give our corners, LBs & DTs.

That's not to say I wouldn't take Laron. I'm as excited about him being a Texan, as I am about Quinn. But if I have to chose between a franchise QB and a franchise safety, I'm going with the QB.
Old 03-12-2007   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

No explanation, it's just who i want them to pick if AD, JT are not there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LANDRY because imo he's the best Defensive player in the draft and fills a huge need.

Quinn looks like he could be it by I think come draft day he will be gone before 8. only fans dislike him...the nfl scouts will love him.

Trade Down...this is what I would love to see...stay in the top half though and pick up most likely an extra 3rd rd....maybe 2nd rd pick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #11
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

We need a sniper on the field... Landy.
Someone to hunt and take out the Enemy named <insert here>
Old 03-12-2007   #12
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
We need a sniper on the field... Landy.
Someone to hunt and take out the Enemy named <insert here>
Vince Young? Reggie Bush?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-12-2007   #13
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

trade down to Buffalo or Green Bay and pick up Landry if available or Nelson/Houston at CB because Von Hawkins is moving to FS. Then in the second pick up Kalil and a WR
Old 03-12-2007   #14
K.D.
Veteran

As of right now, i would go with Landry. He will be a HUGE upgrade at the FS spot. As for Quinn, i like the guy but him being our QB all fall in the what do we do with Carr category. If carr is gone by draft time and Quinn falls to #8, i wouldn't have no problem drafting him. My ideal situation is to keep Carr 1 more yr, battle Sgae in TC and i mean BATTLE, draft Landry, draft Kolb in 3rd & let him sit 1yr or 2, keep building the o-line up so when Kolb comes in as our QB, he isn't thrown to the wolves like Carr was.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #15
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
As of right now, i would go with Landry. He will be a HUGE upgrade at the FS spot. As for Quinn, i like the guy but him being our QB all fall in the what do we do with Carr category. If carr is gone by draft time and Quinn falls to #8, i wouldn't have no problem drafting him. My ideal situation is to keep Carr 1 more yr, battle Sgae in TC and i mean BATTLE, draft Landry, draft Kolb in 3rd & let him sit 1yr or 2, keep building the o-line up so when Kolb comes in as our QB, he isn't thrown to the wolves like Carr was.

pretty much what everyone would do
Old 03-12-2007   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's not to say I wouldn't take Laron. I'm as excited about him being a Texan, as I am about Quinn. But if I have to chose between a franchise QB and a franchise safety, I'm going with the QB.

That, and the fact that if we are looking to improve our over the top pass coverage, Nelson is the better choice...
Old 03-12-2007   #17
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
Vince Young? Reggie Bush?
OUCH! I think you mean Vince Young. I would probably take Landry if I had to make a choice.I would most likely not be happy with the pick because I want Joe Thomas or CJ.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
OUCH! I think you mean Vince Young. I would probably take Landry if I had to make a choice.I would most likely not be happy with the pick because I want Joe Thomas or CJ.
But you do know there is no way in hell that either would be there at 8 right?? So in that case, who would you want??
Old 03-12-2007   #19
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
OUCH! I think you mean Vince Young.
Thats what I put...
Old 03-12-2007   #20
TLove21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Quinn doesn't help us NOW. Landry or Okoye does. Our defense is on the brink of being very very good. I see no reason to draft Quinn and have to wait for 3-4 years for him to get it together b/c I doubt he'll come in and have instant success like last year's class had (moderately).
what makes you think landry and okoye will have a better impact instead of Quinn

usually rookies dont make much of an impact

-Touche
TLove21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read