Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-12-2007   #1
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Minnesota's Needs

Besides wide receiver, what is MIN looking for in this draft? Everyone is assuming that if AD gets by Cleveland, he would fall to us. Would MIN pick him even though they have Chester Taylor? Would they pick up Quinn if he was there? I have a funny feeling that one of them will fall past Washington, get us really excited, and then our hearts will be ripped out by the Vikings.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Minnesota's Needs

they need a pass rush. i think they're not going to invest a first rounder in a QB after spending a second on tavaris jackson just a year ago. seems too high for any receiver at that point.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
they need a pass rush. i think they're not going to invest a first rounder in a QB after spending a second on tavaris jackson just a year ago. seems too high for any receiver at that point.

Agreed. Wasn't Erasmus James hurt last year too? I liked him coming out of College and thought he'd do a bit more.

I think Tavaris Jackson has them set at the QB.
Old 03-12-2007   #4
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
You really think they need pash rush? They have Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Darrion Scott, & Kenechi Udeze. I feel that there the ONLY threat to draft Landry before we can pick. JMO though. I hope they go with Ted Ginn Jr. (they probably won't though)
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Well what about RB? are they content with Taylor? Do they have great enough needs elsewhere to pass on a franchise back like Peterson?
Old 03-12-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
You really think they need pash rush? They have Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Darrion Scott, & Kenechi Udeze. I feel that there the ONLY threat to draft Landry before we can pick. JMO though. I hope they go with Ted Ginn Jr. (they probably won't though)
well, udeze didn't produce a single sack last year. pat williams is for the run only. scott is in there for james, and didn't fare so well. williams is really good, but he's only a DT. overall, not a very penetrating line. the secondary suffered because of it.
Old 03-12-2007   #7
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Well what about RB? are they content with Taylor? Do they have great enough needs elsewhere to pass on a franchise back like Peterson?
For a 6-10 team, they really don't have that many pressing needs. My guess is that the injury bug invaded them. They probably won't go Peterson with Taylor on board. He fairly young, the Vikes are more than likely content with him.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2007   #8
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
well, udeze didn't produce a single sack last year. pat williams is for the run only. scott is in there for james, and didn't fare so well. williams is really good, but he's only a DT. overall, not a very penetrating line. the secondary suffered because of it.
Yeah, hopefully they see that with a healthy Erasmus James, they'll see more production out of Udeze. IMO, I though Scott did well for taking James' place, but I'm not the Vikes FO. In your opinion, how likely is it that they draft Landry?
Old 03-12-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

landry is definitely an option. or reggie nelson. not sure who's #1 on teams' boards right now.
Old 03-12-2007   #10
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
landry is definitely an option. or reggie nelson. not sure who's #1 on teams' boards right now.
I wouldn't be surprised if Minn went Landry at 7, & we went Nelson at 8. I wouldn't mind that. IMO, FS is THE biggest need.
Old 03-12-2007   #11
Xman
Veteran

Minn could use QB (I know Tavaris is there but still) and DL (value is there.

But, they reallly need a WR. So, if someone like Miami (or even GB) offers them something, I think they move down a few slots and take a WR.

If they stay put, sort of like us - BPA. Whether it be QB/DL/S/WR.

If I were the Minn. GM, I would consider paying the price to move up for CJ (if he could be had at 4). OR, just move back and take WR or S at 9-16.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #12
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i hope minnesota takes quinn because then the Texans will take Landry!
Old 03-12-2007   #13
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of the latests mocks have the Vikings taking Quinn.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Gaines Adams will be the choice at this point.

I think the real question is who is Cleveland going to take? LT, RB, QB, DT?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #15
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think Gaines Adams will be the choice at this point.

I think the real question is who is Cleveland going to take? LT, RB, QB, DT?
To me it looks more and more likely that Cleveland will take Quinn. I see more articles and media coverage on Quinn than any other players and it seems that his stock is rising. With the addition of Jamal Lewis and lack of production from Charlie Frye, Quinn looks like the way to go. You also have to take in consideration that Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss have ties together and you would assume that Charlie would put in the good word for his QB.
Old 03-13-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
To me it looks more and more likely that Cleveland will take Quinn. I see more articles and media coverage on Quinn than any other players and it seems that his stock is rising. With the addition of Jamal Lewis and lack of production from Charlie Frye, Quinn looks like the way to go. You also have to take in consideration that Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss have ties together and you would assume that Charlie would put in the good word for his QB.
the addition of jamal lewis is almost a GUARANTEE they'll take peterson. they get rid of droughns and replace him with a one-year vet? that's all they got! peterson is the way they're going.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read