Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Megan Manfull Article

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=186564

Highlights:

Quote:
It also ensures that the team will not use their first-round draft pick on an offensive lineman. If Spencer is indeed healthy enough to play left tackle this season
Quote:
In addition, the signing of RB Ahman Green means the Texans likely will not take a running back such as Marshawn Lynch at No. 8. However, if Adrian Peterson actually fell to No. 8 in the draft, the Texans wouldn't pass up on him. The organization believes he is a franchise back
Quote:
Von Hutchins is a young player the Texans believe could play an integral role in the secondary in future seasons. He played cornerback last season but may be given a chance to move to free safety this season, a position he excelled at during part of his career at Mississippi and an area of need for the Texans. He is a good athlete who could make major strides in the offseason. He is good at making receivers change their routes but could work on defending the run and being a more physical tackler.
Quote:
Carr still is expected to be dealt to another team, but Rosenfels looks as if he may become Carr's immediate replacement. Rosenfels looked at ease in Kubiak's offense in limited action last season and could be a suitable starter until a rookie is given a season or two to develop
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Megan Manfull Article

Which round is Von Hutchins expected to go in? I haven't seen him.

***edit***

nevermind http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492962
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.

Last edited by Mr. White; 03-12-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Megan Manfull's usual excellent well-thought out article, don't suppose we can transplant part of her DNA and brains to Justice/McClain do you??

I think we will use draft to find RB (forgive me Coach Royal) Adrian Peterson, DL help and a future QB
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4
wrestler4life
Veteran

Thanks for that. I cannot get anything from the sight, so your info was helpful.
I still think that we should take a defensive player round 1. They can make a more immediate impact than someone who would just share reps with a veteran that is going to be given the majority of the snaps.
Old 03-12-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm..the von hutchins part was interesting- if you were to believe her it looks like we might be going d-line in the first again...which is ok by me
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
hmmm..the von hutchins part was interesting- if you were to believe her it looks like we might be going d-line in the first again...which is ok by me
She has us taking Quinn at 8 and Quentin Moses with the 7th pick in the 2nd round.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #7
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Yeah, I guess that article about Hutchins really knocks the Landry/Nelson debate to the curb. I would still expect a FS to be taken in the third or fourth round though.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
Megan Manfull's usual excellent well-thought out article, don't suppose we can transplant part of her DNA and brains to Justice/McClain do you??
I dunno, but I was listening to poor ole JM on SR 610 this morning, and I
actually think his memory is getting worse, if that's poosible ?
But he's pretty entertaining sometimes when he's regurgitating anecdotal info
and various stories about sports individuals he's known and written about.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but I was listening to poor ole JM on SR 610 this morning, and I
actually think his memory is getting worse, if that's poosible ?
But he's pretty entertaining sometimes when he's regurgitating anecdotal info
and various stories about sports individuals he's known and written about.
JM does that by design. He cant dazzle us with brilliance, so he baffles us with BS.

Do you see the live presser last week, where someone got on JM??
Old 03-12-2007   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
JM does that by design. He cant dazzle us with brilliance, so he baffles us with BS.

Do you see the live presser last week, where someone got on JM??
I missed it...you got a link?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I missed it...you got a link?
I'm not sure where they move it to, once its over and people have commented on them, but I know they archive somewhere on the main site. I'll see if I can find it....
Old 03-12-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I think it was Clark's presser... http://www.houstontexans.com/texans_...ion=Multimedia

They edited out the beginning part whenever they were waiting on the player to come in... There was an F** bomb and someone saying something about "You told us VInce Young was going to be a Texan" (or something along those lines).
Old 03-12-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Yeah, I guess that article about Hutchins really knocks the Landry/Nelson debate to the curb. I would still expect a FS to be taken in the third or fourth round though.
At this point in the season, treat everything as a smokescreen.

These are are not the draft picks we want... <wave hand>... our QB is great... <wave both hands> ... there's no dissension in our locker room... we're looking at the BPA... every position is a need position... your fly is open... you haven't heard a word I said... <wave hands>

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
She has us taking Quinn at 8 and Quentin Moses with the 7th pick in the 2nd round.
I hate to break to you Quinn fans. From what I have been reading, Cleveland will take him at 3.

We just need to give Kerry Collins a call.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Collins signed with the Titans for another year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Collins signed with the Titans for another year.
Yeah but he can start in Houston. We can trade Carr straight up for him.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what would make you think that?... Hutchins is a CB, not a safety

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quentin Moses in the 2nd Round would be a coup. We would have to get lucky like last year when DeMeco fell to us. I would be REALLY surprised if he is there in the 2nd Round. Dude has sick athletic ability and likes to hit people. He didnt have a good combine and that could work to our benefit. As teams get to interview him and look at his body of work and his athletic ability (on film not on a track) he will come back up the draft boad. He is great coming off the edge and coming thru on stunts. Mock drafts during the college season had him as a top 10-15 pick just like many mock drafts had DeMeco as a Top 10 pick before his final year at Alabama.

Quinn/Adams/Branch in 1st Round
Quentin Moses OLB/DE in 2nd Round
Daymeion Hughes CB in 3rd Round

that would be an insane draft and is quite possible due to the fact that Moses and Hughes didnt have great combines.
They could fall to us in both cases and they would come in with chips on their shoulder. Even Quinn would come into the league with a bit of a chip on his shoulder if he fell to #8. Good value all around.
Old 03-12-2007   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or it's a smokescreen. There are some very nice FS's in this draft though...Landry, Nelson, Merriwether and a few others could mean that we can look somewhere else in the first as well. Pretty deep draft for DB's and WR's. Maybe we get a DE and move Weaver between DE and DT in case some of these vets don't cut the mustard.
Old 03-12-2007   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

I see the whole Quinn thing as a smokescreen. I think it is designed to push interest in people to trade for our pick. But if Kubiak really drafts him than I will have to support it, I guess.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read