Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2007   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DD/DW and the cap

What if he isnt able to play this year or ever again? But he doesnt retire. Is there a way to get him off our cap? Can he just keep saying that he is planning on coming back to play next year? Does he come off of our cap if a doctor says he can never play again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DD/DW and the cap

I don't think there is any way to get rid of his pro-rated bonus. If they'd simply cut him there would be no salary to pay. An injury sttlement would be a few hundred thousand. That is what we'll probably see.
Old 03-12-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Theoretically if he was injured could he just linger around permanently?
Old 03-12-2007   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Theoretically if he was injured could he just linger around permanently?
He could keep drawing his salary unless the Texans took action. The injury sttlement is one time and not much compared to a year's salary. I think, but don't remember for sure, that Todd Wade's injury settlement was $250K, which paled in comparison to his bonus and salary.
Old 03-12-2007   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a very good question. I would hope that DW would be man enough to go ahead and retire instead of doing something like that.
Old 03-12-2007   #6
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That is a very good question. I would hope that DW would be man enough to go ahead and retire instead of doing something like that.
If you were injured on the job would you "be man enough" to walk away from millions of dollars your employer owes you?
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
If you were injured on the job would you "be man enough" to walk away from millions of dollars your employer owes you?
If I had no other profession were I could make good money I wouldnt quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2007   #8
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
The only money guaranteed is DW's signing bonus. Texans have been more generous considering he drew his 2006 salary while on injured reserved. HE will probably be a June 1 cut casulty.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If you look on the "Cap Sticky" DD/DW counts over 4 million for both this year and next year.

He is in the same physical condition he was in last year. He is not going to get any better. He won't ever play again-- for anyone.

('m just waiting for someone to write "give him a chance to recover")

The Texans screwed up big time by NOT resolving this problem LAST YEAR
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
('m just waiting for someone to write "give him a chance to recover")
LAST YEAR
LOL.... I have already seen that in another thread..

Folks... DD/DW has bone on bone in his knee... We do not miraculously grow cartiledge back... What he has is a degenerative condition - meaning it WON"T get better, it will only get worse... See Jeff Bagwell's shoulder.
Old 03-12-2007   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't be given the opportunity.
Old 03-12-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is where Txas_Chick could add valuable insider info if she has any on what they might do with DD/DW.

I do not care what the cap hit is (for the most part) , get it off the books now not later. I would like to see the Texans having all kind of room with cap money in the coming years.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #13
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LOL.... I have already seen that in another thread..

Folks... DD/DW has bone on bone in his knee... We do not miraculously grow cartiledge back... What he has is a degenerative condition - meaning it WON"T get better, it will only get worse... See Jeff Bagwell's shoulder.
Amen to that, he is truely done, so at least we will not see any D. williams jersey's out for sale.........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read