Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2007   #1
HeroTime
Rookie

Default Carr situation (realityville)

RS says we are bringing in a veteran to challenge Carr:
Garcia courted turned down because he wanted starter money.
Ramsey came in would have been a cheap guy to push Carr.

RS says 2 teams called about Carr's availibility and says basically anyone can be had if it makes the team better:
Force fed a gazillion internet rumors by Dick Justice and Cross Dressing Mclain, which the fanbase buys along with that oceonfront property in Arizona or however the song goes, yet still no trade.

Do we see a pattern here yet?

I want the Texans to win as bad as the next guy so don't call me a Carr homer or hater.
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #2
DarkNinja
Veteran

Default Re: Carr situation (realityville)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime View Post
RS says we are bringing in a veteran to challenge Carr:
Garcia courted turned down because he wanted starter money.
Ramsey came in would have been a cheap guy to push Carr.

RS says 2 teams called about Carr's availibility and says basically anyone can be had if it makes the team better:
Force fed a gazillion internet rumors by Dick Justice and Cross Dressing Mclain, which the fanbase buys along with that oceonfront property in Arizona or however the song goes, yet still no trade.

Do we see a pattern here yet?

I want the Texans to win as bad as the next guy so don't call me a Carr homer or hater.

Honestly, I'm a Carr hater. If they are going to keep Carr, make him work/practice harder than anyone one the team to prove himself b/c he is not proving anything....you know just like on a REAL everyday job. Hey bring in a special vet QB coach just to tutor him on the field. Make them both play catch in the backyard somewhere. I'm ready to spend my money on a different team at this point....I don't care if he goes or stays.
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

A typical halftime speech in the Houston Texans' locker room goes something like this I bet:

"Hey guys, we're down 34-21. What's that all about? If we're gonna lose, let's do it right. I'll meet you guys back on the field in a half hour so we can get this game over with. I gotta go #2."
Old 03-11-2007   #4
SESupergenius

McClain and Justice are the type of guys that try to make the news instead of reporting it. They've had an agenda ever since Vince Young came into the picture and just won't let up. They will not go out on a limb and guarantee success if David Carr is not the QB of the Texans. So far what has McClain been right about this offseason?
Old 03-11-2007   #5
Daonly
Veteran

Honestly I think David Carr will be a Raider. He's a Hometown Guy, Bakersfield Played at Fresno, from California, Being back on the westcoast will do him some good. Raiders fans thinks David Carr will be the next Jim Plunkett. Played on a bad team got drilled to the ground then goes to Oakland to lead them to the Super Bowl. They Need D-line help in the worst way.

So let's offer them David Carr Jason Babin #8, and our second rounder for Oaklands #1 overall their 3 rounder and 5 round picks.

I also see a 3 team trade between Houston,Bucs and Raiders.

Houston moves up and take Adrian Peterson. Dropping Russell and Quinn and Thomas to the Lions and Browns. Lions Take Thomas, Browns Take Either Russell or Quinn.

Bucs Takes Calvin Johnson at #4 and ships him to Oakland for Moss and Okeye drated #8 Bucs gives Houston rights to Jake Plummer.

Draft Trade Recap Results

Houston Recieves: Adrian Peterson #1 Overall. Raiders 3rd rounder, Raiders 5th rounder ship to Bucs for the rights of Jake Plummer.

Oakland Recieves: Calvin Johnson #4 Overall, David Carr, Jason Babin, Houston 2nd rounder.

Bucs Recieves: Okeye #8th overall, Randy Moss, Raiders 5th rounder (plummer).

What you guys think?
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Honestly I think David Carr will be a Raider. He's a Hometown Guy, Bakersfield Played at Fresno, from California, Being back on the westcoast will do him some good. Raiders fans thinks David Carr will be the next Jim Plunkett. Played on a bad team got drilled to the ground then goes to Oakland to lead them to the Super Bowl. They Need D-line help in the worst way.

So let's offer them David Carr Jason Babin #8, and our second rounder for Oaklands #1 overall their 3 rounder and 5 round picks.

Houston moves up and take Adrian Peterson. Dropping Russell and Quinn and Thomas to the Lions and Browns. Lions Take Thomas, Browns Take Either Russell or Quinn.

Bucs Takes Calvin Johnson at #4 and ships him to Oakland for Moss and Okeye drated #8 Bucs gives Houston rights to Jake Plummer.

Houston Recieves: Adrian Peterson #1 Overall. Raiders 3rd rounder, Raiders 5th rounder ship to Bucs for the rights of Jake Plummer.

Oakland Recieves: Calvin Johnson #4 Overall, David Carr, Jason Babin, Houston 2nd rounder.

What you guys think?
Since Plummer officially filed his retirement papers, I don't think the Bucs hold his rights anymore. That could throw a wrench into this plan.
Old 03-11-2007   #7
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
McClain and Justice are the type of guys that try to make the news instead of reporting it. They've had an agenda ever since Vince Young came into the picture and just won't let up. They will not go out on a limb and guarantee success if David Carr is not the QB of the Texans. So far what has McClain been right about this offseason?
that Kevin Kolb is his new mancrush, I for one am all for making a list and having a betting pool on who will be Mcclains mancrush in 2008...anyone with me
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
that Kevin Kolb is his new mancrush, I for one am all for making a list and having a betting pool on who will be Mcclains mancrush in 2008...anyone with me
i'm with you.

perhaps it will be morten andersen...maybe brett favre...maybe he'll think Hakeem O should give football a shot
Old 03-12-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Since Plummer officially filed his retirement papers, I don't think the Bucs hold his rights anymore. That could throw a wrench into this plan.
No, if he decides to unretire, the Buccs will hold his rights and I think it's for the duration of his current contract. So, let's say he's got 2 years left on his contract, he has to wait 2 years before being able to come back as an unrestricted free agent.. I THINK. Don't quote me on that.

If that wasn't the case, someone like a Lance Briggs who's pissed about getting franchised would just retire, sit out a little bit, and then come back and pick whichever team he wanted to play for.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #10
dvs1
Rookie

Quote:
I'll take Anthony Alridge.
dvs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A typical halftime speech in the Houston Texans' locker room goes something like this I bet:

"Hey guys, we're down 34-21. What's that all about? If we're gonna lose, let's do it right. I'll meet you guys back on the field in a half hour so we can get this game over with. I gotta go #2."
I guess it's all DC's fault we "usually" give up 34 first half points. I thought DC was better at D than that!!! With D like that, he has no NBA career ahead of him, either.
Old 03-12-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McFadden.....
Old 03-12-2007   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I guess it's all DC's fault we "usually" give up 34 first half points. I thought DC was better at D than that!!! With D like that, he has no NBA career ahead of him, either.
rep your way!

DC has his problems but he doesn't miss blocking assignments or let receivers run by him for consecutive td's.
Old 03-12-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
rep your way!

DC has his problems but he doesn't miss blocking assignments or let receivers run by him for consecutive td's.
Not to mention a TD pass with like 9 seconds left in the game to let the Bills win...
Old 03-12-2007   #15
rascous
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post

What you guys think?
Not likely. Oakland dosen't have to trade anything to get CJ and TB the same with Okeye. Moss will probably be signed with Green Bay (or someone else ) before the draft. Plummer swears he is retired for now. Oakland might be interested in DC, but if there is a trade there, I just don't see it a 3 way trade.
rascous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascous View Post
Not likely. Oakland dosen't have to trade anything to get CJ and TB the same with Okeye. Moss will probably be signed with Green Bay (or someone else ) before the draft. Plummer swears he is retired for now. Oakland might be interested in DC, but if there is a trade there, I just don't see it a 3 way trade.
What happened to ALL the talk about this lately? The rumor was hot and heavy for the first couple of days, but lately it seems to have slowed down. Did I miss anything? Has anything changed?
Old 03-12-2007   #17
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

I like the idea of a trade but if we had #1 I would use it on Thomas or Johnson, not Peterson.
Old 03-12-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Halftime is only about 12 minutes long.
Old 03-12-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
See 1st Colts game , see New England game .... yes he has a big part .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
See 1st Colts game , see New England game .... yes he has a big part .
Him having a big part, is not the same as it ALL being his fault. See Buffalo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read