Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-11-2007   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bubba's bored Mock

Round 1 Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson FS - whoever you prefer.
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 5 Michael Johnson SS
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

If we trade Carr for a third or fourth round pick I would go for Ryan Harris OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bubba's bored Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

I would happy if that's how it turned out. However if we have Landry..i think CC and Earl would both be our SS. I don't think we would need to draft one anywhere in the draft...I'd look for a WR now that Moulds is gone....we can probably find a decent guy in the 5th like Jacoby Jones or someone..
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I would happy if that's how it turned out. However if we have Landry..i think CC and Earl would both be our SS. I don't think we would need to draft one anywhere in the draft...I'd look for a WR now that Moulds is gone....we can probably find a decent guy in the 5th like Jacoby Jones or someone..
I haven't talked about this at all, but I would be thrilled if the Texans moved up to draft CJ in the 1st round and went with Blalock and Satele in Rounds 2 and 3. I would be willing to give up an early rounder next year, a 4th this year and David Carr for the chance to move up and get CJ this year. It's at least worth some thought. Don't think the Texans themselves aren't thinking about it.
Old 03-12-2007   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Round 2 Ryan Kalil C
Round 3 K Kolb QB
Round 4 D Bishop LB
Round 6 Brian Robison DE
Round 7 Justin Medlock

That's a pretty good mock Bubba. I don't think Johnson will fall to the 5th, but I'm not sure we need another SS anyway. The first 3 picks would be great. I would be happy with all 3. Bishop wouldn't be bad either, but I don't know if we move him or Ryans to the "Sam." You could probably pickup a WR in the 5th like McKnight or Ball instead of taking Johnson.

Robison sounds like a good pick in the 6th, but I don't know much about him. My pick here would be Sepulveda, if he's still on the board, since we need a Punter badly IMO. I know alot of people here feel we need a Kicker too, but to me Brown did pretty well last year, and I think he will be alright this season too. So, I don't think I would Medlock in the 7th. Instead, maybe I would go with a CB like Arline from Baylor or maybe Calvin Bannister from Hampton. They both have alot of speed and could help out on ST.

Anyway, overall good job! I could live with it your way or with the changes I made too. It's all good!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
That's a pretty good mock Bubba. I don't think Johnson will fall to the 5th, but I'm not sure we need another SS anyway. The first 3 picks would be great. I would be happy with all 3. Bishop wouldn't be bad either, but I don't know if we move him or Ryans to the "Sam." You could probably pickup a WR in the 5th like McKnight or Ball instead of taking Johnson.

Robison sounds like a good pick in the 6th, but I don't know much about him. My pick here would be Sepulveda, if he's still on the board, since we need a Punter badly IMO. I know alot of people here feel we need a Kicker too, but to me Brown did pretty well last year, and I think he will be alright this season too. So, I don't think I would Medlock in the 7th. Instead, maybe I would go with a CB like Arline from Baylor or maybe Calvin Bannister from Hampton. They both have alot of speed and could help out on ST.

Anyway, overall good job! I could live with it your way or with the changes I made too. It's all good!
I would rather have had sepulveda also but 1rst I think he will go before the 7th round. 2nd I believe we just gave Stanley a new contract i dont know for how much or how long though.

I dont really think that Johnson will fall to the 5th round either but if he does I think he would be a steal. I dont really think that any of the WR's we could get in the 5th round will play at a level that we will be happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #6
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

nice one. Medlock is good but if Crosby is available I would rather have him.
Old 03-12-2007   #7
htownfoozball
Veteran

No wide receiver? id love to have a linebacker in desmond bishop, but we need a wide receiver there. michael johnson probably goes in the 3rd, and he's probably going to be a free safety (hes better in coverage than in the box)
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read