Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-11-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default full texans 7 round mock with reasons

Well with the signing of Jordan Black, Danny Clark and Ahman Green and I'm sure there are gong to be a few more smaller pick-ups for depth reasons...With the Quinn talk going around; It has me thinking that if we do draft him, we lose out on LaRon Landry, the best Saftey in the Draft. In my opinion, Saftey is a bigger need than Quarterback. This is what Im thinking...

Round 1: LaRon Landry (S) - Fill our biggest need.
Round 2: Kevin Kolb (QB) - Fills our second biggest need.
Round 3: Doug Datish (C) - Provide much needed depth and an eventual starter.
Round 4: Josh Wilson (CB) - Stock has risen, and he seems to be a talented kid.
Round 5: Keith Jackson (DT) - He could find himself in our D-line rotation.
Round 6: Dalla Sartz (OLB) - Had a good senior year, he'll add depth.
Round 7: Steve Breaston (WR) - Would be a solid reciever.

I also have a feeling that Houston is looking to add another third rounder and go for a wide reciever or an outside linebacker...Some names that pop in my head in this round would be Dallas Baker, Rhema McKnight, Earl Everett and Quincy Black...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #2
AGGIEZ
Rookie

Default Re: full texans 7 round mock with reasons

I love Landry. Certainly don't want Carr Jr., err, Quinn in the 1st!

We need to draft more than just a Center to address out OL problems...

Not sold on Kolb, and definitely not at the beginning of the 2nd round.
AGGIEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
HeroTime
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
Well with the signing of Jordan Black, Danny Clark and Ahman Green and I'm sure there are gong to be a few more smaller pick-ups for depth reasons...With the Quinn talk going around; It has me thinking that if we do draft him, we lose out on LaRon Landry, the best Saftey in the Draft. In my opinion, Saftey is a bigger need than Quarterback. This is what Im thinking...

I also have a feeling that Houston is looking to add another third rounder and go for a wide reciever or an outside linebacker...Some names that pop in my head in this round would be Dallas Baker, Rhema McKnight, Earl Everett and Quincy Black...
Why draft Kold in the 2nd when you can have him in the 4th?
HeroTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTime View Post
Why draft Kold in the 2nd when you can have him in the 4th?
Agreed. By passing a lot of tallent on the board between 39 and 71 to ensure you get a most tallented clip board holder for next season. I don't care how much you like Kolb, that there thingy is a reach. Big time.

Rest of them look ok Bubba. Really like the CB pick... doesn't necessarly have to be Willson but there should be some tasty bits at DB for us in the second and third round. Lots of sub 4.5 guys gonna be on the board.
Old 03-11-2007   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Will Breaston be there in the 7th? I thought he was a late 1st day, early second.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #6
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

KOLB IN THE 2ND???? HAHAHA

he will be there for us in the 3rd. I seriously doubt he would fall to the 4th tho. Breaston won't be there in the 7th. otherwise ok
Old 03-11-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
KOLB IN THE 2ND???? HAHAHA

he will be there for us in the 3rd. I seriously doubt he would fall to the 4th tho. Breaston won't be there in the 7th. otherwise ok
There's forty Wr or so prospects out there, wouldn't surprise me if someone like McNight would still be on the board there. Not saying he's a great
WR, but if they fill the need to have someone in the wings ?

I like Micheal McFaddin there myself or a special teams deamon. Tweener guy with great spead they need to work with. Guy like Tim Shaw might fall. Couple of LBs blazed some forties at the combine. Elite Tallent that doesn't have a position yet.
Old 03-12-2007   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sartz is one of my favorite LB's in the draft. I've been high on him for a while. Great size and blitzing ability. Emotional leader and heart of his defense.
Old 03-13-2007   #9
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post

This just my opinion on these players but here are my responses to choices.

Rd1 Landry- I like this pick just fine and would be happy if it happened but I would trade back.
Rd 2 Kolb- I think this is a reach and would rather see a CB taken in the 2nd or a OLB
Rd 3 Datish- Overrated player. West Virginia's Dan Mozes would be much better right here IMO
As far as the rest of your picks go I think the rest of these players will be gone when we pick in those rounds except for Keith Jackson. Of course if they were there we would end up with a great 2nd day of the draft.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read