Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2007   #1
TheRealX9
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TheRealX9
Default Did anyone catch football friday on ESPNews?

they were covering the texans
Old 03-11-2007   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did anyone catch football friday on ESPNews?

Wanna tell us about it?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Let me guess. "Texans are stupid for passing on Bush/Young. They will always suck!"
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #4
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Wanna tell us about it?
I watched it, as I always do every week. Chester Pitts was live via satellite talking about how the finger pointing is unnecessary, that it's the TEAM's fault, not just one guy's fault, that David gets sacked as much as he does. They also praised him for being in for 3000+ snaps consecutively before he missed one.

Before that, they listed Mario Williams as a thing that went WRONG for us last year and DeMeco as a thing that went RIGHT. Yes, they compared Mario's numbers to Reggie's and pointed out that we made a mistake by passing on Vince. They also, of course, listed the OL as a major weakness for the Texans.

Then, Todd McShay, Director of Scouting for Scouts, Inc. gave his 1st through 3rd round picks for the Texans:

Round 1 - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Round 2 - Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
Round 3 - Jason Hill, WR, Washington State

Also, Bob Griese was in studio and said that we need to get better offensively. He went on to say that he likes David Carr's ability...but he did say that David must have a clock in his head that goes off when he needs to get rid of the ball.

Last edited by Navy_Chris; 03-11-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Navy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #5
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

please...
Old 03-11-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
please...
are you referring to the comment about the clock in DC's head?
Old 03-11-2007   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
are you referring to the comment about the clock in DC's head?
He's just asking politely... but I have no idea what he wants...
Old 03-11-2007   #8
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

yeah, since ESPN knows EVERYTHING right
Old 03-11-2007   #9
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

One thing I hate about major media is that they love to create their own sides of the story. Sure Mario didn't fare well last year, but how many times have they mentioned that he played all year long with a foot injury? Sure they love to point out golden child Bush every chance they get, they even give him sole credit for the Saints making it to the NFC championship game. I wish we could find a media source that gives all sides of the story.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks, I was listening on xm at the time

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36459

from what I can remember
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The media's take on the Texans in general and MW in particular are typical "mob rules" journalism, based more on urban legend than actual fact. These guys don't do any research or follow teams, they just report what they hear. They also can't stand being proven wrong. Was Bush that great of a rookie? He had marginal, at best, numbers for the year. It reminds me a lot of another Bush that the media likes to skewer every chance they get. I put a lot more faith in what I see and read on this MB than anything I see theorized on ANY sports page.
Old 03-11-2007   #12
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

Basically they bashed the Texans for not taking Vince Young or Reggie Bush in the draft of 20 minutes. I got sick of listening to it and turned it off.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Aggie222 View Post
Basically they bashed the Texans for not taking Vince Young or Reggie Bush in the draft of 20 minutes. I got sick of listening to it and turned it off.
Well, they also spoke some truth when they talked about David Carr. They're profiling 2 teams a week until they get to #32. It's not like they singled out the Texans on one show to pick on them.
Old 03-11-2007   #14
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
Let me guess. "Texans are stupid for passing on Bush/Young. They will always suck!"
They had that in there too.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #15
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
yeah, since ESPN knows EVERYTHING right
are you SURE, because I would think news that ESPN knows everything would be run on the hour every hour on their TV/Radio networks just in case EVERYONE hadn't heard it
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #16
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Well, they also spoke some truth when they talked about David Carr. They're profiling 2 teams a week until they get to #32. It's not like they singled out the Texans on one show to pick on them.
Navy am sure you like ESPN, since you defending them...I am betting they won't be slamming Raiders draft of 2006, nor Detroits...so simply put they blathering same crap since day of draft..look ESPN regurgitates more than a lactose intolerant baby
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read