Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-10-2007   #1
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default Interesting Fact

Kevin Kolb threw 35 less passes than Brady Quinn last year but had 380 more yards.. know why? Because KOLB DOESN'T SUCK.

KEVIN KOLB-HOUSTON TEXAN
Old 03-10-2007   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting Fact

That must be why Kolb is expected to go in the third round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #3
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Let me try. Kolb has been playing in the same offensive scheme for 7 years now.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
Kevin Kolb threw 35 less passes than Brady Quinn last year but had 380 more yards.. know why? Because KOLB DOESN'T SUCK.

KEVIN KOLB-HOUSTON TEXAN
Of course, Kolb did play in Conference USA while Quinn did play against harder competition...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #5
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

i like kolb but in all honesty while brady quinn never beat the top teams he still did good in those games and never gave up.

kolb never even played an elite team the closest thing he played to an elite team was the very mediocre miami this year and they still lost.

so if you wanna tout kolb go ahead i hope he turns out great but dont put down quinn when alot of the same can be said about kolb.
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedTheBurntOrange View Post
i like kolb but in all honesty while brady quinn never beat the top teams he still did good in those games and never gave up.

kolb never even played an elite team the closest thing he played to an elite team was the very mediocre miami this year and they still lost.

so if you wanna tout kolb go ahead i hope he turns out great but dont put down quinn when alot of the same can be said about kolb.
QFT
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #7
htownfoozball
Veteran

with the offense they run at UH, it would be expected of kolb to throw for more yards on less passes.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Of course, Kolb did play in Conference USA while Quinn did play against harder competition...
Not to mention that Vincent Marshall is more of a playmaker than any of the receivers Quinn had to throw to.
Old 03-11-2007   #9
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Not to mention that Vincent Marshall is more of a playmaker than any of the receivers Quinn had to throw to.
yeah that jeff shamarshmellow guy was sh1t. didn't even get a combine invite or a chance to get drafted........

seriously navy_chris....i can't remember who said it....but you literally always are talking out of your ass. i mean....it is just amazing.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #10
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

well Quinn did have to put up like 45 points a game because of his sucky defense but I still prefer Kolb to groom.
Old 03-11-2007   #11
htownfoozball
Veteran

if kolb didnt go to UH, would you still be so high on him?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #12
AGGIEZ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Yep, Kolb played against powerhouses like SMU, Memphis and Central Florida. Notre Dame's schedule was full of a bunch of chumps that counld't hang their jocks in a CUSA lockeroom...
AGGIEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #13
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
yup...he's a good kid and a great athlete!
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I think Quinn is the #1 QB in this years draft.

But I'd rather go a different need in the 1st that is a "more sure thing" and take a QB like stanton or Kolb in the 3rd if they are there to groom for a season or two. I like kolb but quinn is hands down better.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX View Post
yeah that jeff shamarshmellow guy was sh1t. didn't even get a combine invite or a chance to get drafted........

seriously navy_chris....i can't remember who said it....but you literally always are talking out of your ass. i mean....it is just amazing.
actually samardzija is just average at best.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Which is why he no longer plays football.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
I would still want him drafted. Then again if he did not go to UH I would not have seen any of his games and would not know as much about him.

It is funny how when VY came out and there was a lot of speculation on if what he did in college would translate to the pros, so many said draft him he is a hometown hero and that is why they shoud draft him. Now you do not want a guy because he played for UH and not the beloved TU. Just freaking commical.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
He can make a heck of a lot more money in baseball and he likes baseball more. Smardjia would have been drafted after CJ, Meachem, Jarrett, ginn, and probably bowe and rice...so that puts him mid 2nd rd.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX View Post

That was me. I just let him go now. Whatever. He's young another thrity years he'll get it.
Old 03-11-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I would still want him drafted. Then again if he did not go to UH I would not have seen any of his games and would not know as much about him.

It is funny how when VY came out and there was a lot of speculation on if what he did in college would translate to the pros, so many said draft him he is a hometown hero and that is why they shoud draft him. Now you do not want a guy because he played for UH and not the beloved TU. Just freaking commical.
I don't want him specifically because there is more than just a trend with U of H QBs running spreads and bombing at the next level. And his game doesn't fit. Just like last year...VY throws the ball like someone is squeezing his privates when he releases. Vincent wasn't a good fit last year and niether is Kolb this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read