Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2007   #1
puffpuffpass
waterboy

Default Where is Dayne heading?

I haven't seen or heard much about Dayne. Any word on other teams looking at him? Miami is needing an RB and I thought they had some interest in him last year before signing with the Texans.
puffpuffpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Dayne heading?

where is Dayne heading you ask?

Hopefully to Jenny Craig.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #3
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
where is Dayne heading you ask?

Hopefully to Jenny Craig.
hahaha aww man that made me laugh for like 3 minutes strait
Old 03-10-2007   #4
aquafin
Rookie

I don't think we need a starting RB. We have Ronnie Brown...and Ricky Williams will most likely back him up. That said, it would be nice to have one more guy. I think we were primarily looking for a good blocking fullback.

Man I hated to see us lose Sammy Morris. He looked good when he started during those 3 games that Ronnie Brown was out with injury. Something tells me he will be the Patriots feature RB this year. Man, the Patriots really purged our talent this year....with Morris and Wes Welker. Welker was one of our top receivers...as well as the best punt and kickoff returners we have ever had in Miami. He was a real ironman.
aquafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think we played this perfectly. Ron Dayne has been available for a week and a half and no offers and no visits. Now we can probably get a discount on him. The Texans are trying to re-sign Dayne.
Old 03-10-2007   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

hopefully back here with us to keep pressure on green to perform well..and to push these younger guys to be on the top of their game...because last year lundy didn't impress me at all...and taylor i didn't see enough of to make any conclusions on him...so we need dayne back
Old 03-10-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope he ends up back here and happy. I liked Dayne a lot. He may not be the heiman winner we hoped he would be but..he's a real team player and I thought he had a good attitude here.

I really wanted us to resign him and salaam, when we didn't i was really disappointed. We then signe salaam..i assumed it was to try and get him cheaper and that'd we'd do the same with dayne..i'm yet to be pleased.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2007   #8
brncoz1fan
Rookie

Just because there is nothing being reported in the media doesn't mean he is sitting at home without the phone ringing. After what he did last year with the Texans I am sure he has plenty of teams interested in him.
brncoz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody know if the TEXANS are interested in him? or are we "content" with who we have now?
Old 03-10-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Does anybody know if the TEXANS are interested in him? or are we "content" with who we have now?
I heard some rumblings not too long ago about the Eagles expressing interest in Dayne. That may still be a possibility after they struck out with Dillon not too long ago. I personally would like to see him back for short yardage situations ONLY. I hope they don't forget about Taylor though.
Old 03-10-2007   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

How about heading to fullback for the Texans, or is that crazy?
Old 03-10-2007   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man rushes for 612 yards in only 6 starts, averages 4.1 yards a carry (4.8 in the month of December when he was finally healthy) and leads us to a 3-2 record over the last 5 games (could have potentially been a a 4-1 record but our defense couldn't figure out how to contain Vince Young) and this is what he gets. Fat jokes.

The man should be our starting RB next season.
Old 03-10-2007   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Put me down as a yes for crazy. Sorry, never met a question I would not answer and I also happen to be a devoted ambiguous yes man.
Old 03-10-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Man rushes for 612 yards in only 6 starts, averages 4.1 yards a carry (4.8 in the month of December when he was finally healthy) and leads us to a 3-2 record over the last 5 games (could have potentially been a a 4-1 record but our defense couldn't figure out how to contain Vince Young) and this is what he gets. Fat jokes.

Big bad Dayne needs to be a texan....imo he's one of the few that 'deserves' to be a texan (i view that as a compliment...others may not.)lol
Old 03-10-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
I don't think it would be a bad idea in certain situations.
Old 03-10-2007   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Put me down as a yes for crazy. Sorry, never met a question I would not answer and I also happen to be a devoted ambiguous yes man.
Two good runners in the same backfield for a running team? I guess it doesn't fit the philosophy or scheme. Crazy.
Old 03-10-2007   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two good runners in the same backfield for a running team? I guess it doesn't fit the philosophy or scheme. Crazy.
In a simplistic sense it does not. Anyone can run, but it is those that block and run that are successful.
Old 03-10-2007   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

I bet Dayne could lay the wood on someone - if he wanted to.
Old 03-10-2007   #19
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In a simplistic sense it does not. Anyone can run, but it is those that block and run that are successful.
If you put Taylor at RB and Dayne at FB in a goal line situation, you could really throw some defenses off. Why? Because most defenses are going to look at that and think Dayne's getting the ball because he's more of a pile pusher. Or vice versa, you like Dayne at RB and Taylor at FB. Run Taylor on a wheel route, fake it to Dayne, roll Sage out right and Taylor's wide open in the middle of the end zone.
Old 03-10-2007   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I completely agree with you. I'm on the Dayne Trayne...
he did a hell of a job for us when we needed it and no one else could, can't say that for our "Star Running Back" D. Davis (*williams).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read