Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2007   #1
OldEagle1
Rookie

Default How much abuse should David have to take?

Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?
How much is too much?
OldEagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How much abuse should David have to take?

Wow, another one. Look everyone.
Old 03-10-2007   #3
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Wow, another one. Look everyone.
I know, ...big y-a-w-n.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

i don't think any of it is fair to him. he's a hell of a guy and people lose sight of that and just rail the guy. i'd rather carr be on my team than some thug criminal just looking to get paid. david carr has given this team quite a bit and we havent given him much
Old 03-10-2007   #5
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If it's anything that people are passionate about here in Texas, it's their football. I just think that the fans feel a bit slighted by David...big money and very little return. He has been compensated well for the abuse he takes. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback. Special treatment by the owner has just fueled the fire. I like David, but he has lost the confidence of his team mates and fans. I wish it were'nt so, but he needs to be moved to greener pastures. JMO.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

this is about making the Texans better, not making Carr better. Carr is not the only player on the team for crying out loud....learn2count

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere..and take the Carr homers with you

go ____ yourself carr, k thanks bye

nuff said
Old 03-10-2007   #7
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Now playing...Carr, the victim. Seen it for five long years.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEagle1 View Post
Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade. Everyone should realize most of the abuse was not his fault. David has taken it all, and remained a "model citizen" as far as I can see. Never see him on the police headlines, or throwing a teamate under the bus on TV like Dunta did...so...I ask: How much abuse should David take from the "fans"?
How much is too much?
I'm not sure how 'incredible' the beatings have been, but I digress.

"most of the abuse was not his fault"...hmmmm....Kubiak said that about a third of Carr's sacks in 2005 were the QBs fault. So I'd say that using the term "most" is overstating.

As far as a model citizen and being thrown under the bus....the first part is good for marketing campaigns, and the second is in the eye of the beholder. Many folks did not fault D.Rob for stating the obvious, especially since the owner and head coach had said basically the same thing a few weeks before making the statements.

It's all perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan View Post
i don't think any of it is fair to him. he's a hell of a guy and people lose sight of that and just rail the guy. i'd rather carr be on my team than some thug criminal just looking to get paid. david carr has given this team quite a bit and we havent given him much
We've given him tens of millions of dollars...but that might not be much to some folks.

As far as being a hell of a guy, there is little doubt. But for some reason(s), defenses still sack the guy in spite of that fact. It's like defenders just don't care about him being a model citizen. They hit him hard anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
If it's anything that people are passionate about here in Texas, it's their football. I just think that the fans feel a bit slighted by David...big money and very little return. He has been compensated well for the abuse he takes. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback. Special treatment by the owner has just fueled the fire. I like David, but he has lost the confidence of his team mates and fans. I wish it were'nt so, but he needs to be moved to greener pastures. JMO.
yep...passion.

QFT "quoted for truth"
Old 03-10-2007   #9
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
this isnt the Houston Carr's. why everyone cares so much about this pile of crap I will never know.

go away carr...your act is tired...you suck...you will never be any good anywhere

go ____ yourself carr

nuff said
Damn dogg, it really ain't this serious. Calm down and take a breather or drink a cold one, might make you feel better.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
stampede, you have never spoken wiser words. we dont always agree but you are a real fan of the Texans and deserve respect.
Old 03-10-2007   #11
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

money isn't much. even if you have all of it.
Old 03-10-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
Damn dogg, it really ain't this serious. Calm down and take a breather or drink a cold one, might make you feel better.
its been over 5 years with this worthless pile of cow manure. i apologize for the vitrole but the guy just sucks and i am 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' (to coin a lame Carr quote)

my family and I have already wasted well over 15k on these Texans on tickets and PSL's alone...maybe that makes it a little more personal to me, i dont know. I actually go to the games too and cheer the WHOLE team including Carr. But when you get 5 years of just embarassing and unprofessional football it just gets old. I just want a team we can ALL believe in and with Carr there is no hope at all of that coming to fruition.

my girlfriend does tell me I take it a bit too personal and she is probably right...im just a bit passionate about football and about winning. this mr. congeniality contest we have had here for 5 years is freaking old.
Old 03-10-2007   #13
football freak
Rookie

Quote:
does that mean you don't want yours? you ante up to pay for a washed up QB then. Bet if you had to pay Carr and you didn't make any money till he won you would certainly sing a different you song.
football freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #14
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
How much is too much?
It's already been too much. That's why he has to go.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #15
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
stampede, you have never spoken wiser words. we dont always agree but you are a real fan of the Texans and deserve respect.
Thanks man, now....about Quinn...
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #16
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
I agree money isn't everything but to say it isn't much is a huge understatement. Given the money David got with his last contract, he could live off the interest alone for the rest of his life and still have a life style better than mine.

What is David 28? I'm 40 and I'll still have to go to work everyday for the next twenty years just so I can retire in moderate comfort. Hopefully, I'll live a little time after 60 so I can enjoy it.

Granted, money won't buy him love, but isn't that what a dog is for?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks man, now....about Quinn...
I like Quinn but only if he drops to #8. To get in a bidding war with 2-4 teams to move up two slots is just a nightmare proposal. If we want to move up it needs to be to slots 1-3 so we could get one of the true elite studs in the draft (CJ, AJ, and Thomas)

I have to admit though, I would be extremely happy if Quinn is there at #8. It would be a little karma coming back from last year's debacle with their 1st Round pick. Most of my friends disagree with me but that is because they still havent turned page from the Texans passong on VY. To not draft a QB just because we didn't draft one last year only compounds the initial error imho.

but anywho this is a Carr thread.....surprise
Old 03-10-2007   #18
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

This thread resembles a GEICO commercial.

Old 03-10-2007   #19
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you post a pic of yourself here?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #20
dvs1
Rookie

Quote:
Everyone knows the incredible physical beating he has took this last half decade.
So would you say that Carr has been hit more times than your average running back, or even Andre Johnson for that matter? I don't hear any pity for these guys.
dvs1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read