Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-10-2007   #1
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default New MOCK

Round 1- LaRon Landry, Safety, LSU
Landry would be the perfect addition to our up and coming defense.

Round 2- Ryan Kalil, Center, USC
Kalil would be a step in the right direction for improving our offensive line.

Round 3- Kevin Kolb, QuarterBack, UH
We need a QB of the future. Kolb is it.

Round 4- Andy Alleman, Offensive Guard, Akron
With Alleman, we will have almost completely overhauled our O-Line through the draft and Free Agency. Hopefully this will protect...our QB

Round 5- Calvin Bannister, Cornerback, Hampton
Not very well known, but one of the best DBs in Division 1-AA colleges. With Landry and Bannister our secondary would be sweet.

Round 6- Jarret Hicks, Wide Reciever, Texas Tech
With the release of Moulds, we are in need of a #2 Receiver. Hicks will grow into a very good starter.

Round 7- Mason Crosby, Kicker, Colorado
Crosby is an amazing kicker and would be a steal here in the 7th. Kris Brown's career long is already less than Crosby's, and we would be able to pick up a guy who could make those game winning field goals.

leave feedback
Old 03-10-2007   #2
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default Re: New MOCK

no DL? need that pass rush man. with spencer coming back and winston maybe being moved to guard, i think we have enough guards. kalil in the 2nd would be a dream, but he's probably going to be gone by then.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I am split on #1, Landry vs. L Brown. I think with the recent FA pickups on the line and RB they are probably going after Landry vs. Levi Brown.

After looking at Bannister, I can see us grabbing him in the fourth if he is there or if they think Bannister will be available in the fifth grab a WR.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Mason will be gone by the 5th round i think
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #5
freedoggy77
Veteran

yeah i know crosby is gone by the 7th but we can always dream, right? or pick up Justin Medlock
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61508 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Crosby can't kick at sea level.
Old 03-10-2007   #7
freedoggy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Crosby can't kick at sea level.
i thought of that because of that high Colorado air but I checked and he once kicked a 58 yard field goal in Miami, the longest at sea level for a college player. (cited from nfl.com)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read