Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Here some Brady Quinn Hightlights

keyfro

Veteran
that's cool and all...but still not in the let's get brady quinn corner yet

i prefer finishing the defense then either getting kolb, stanton, or beck to develop or wait til next year and get brohm next year

brady quinn is just a hard dude to figure out...take this for consideration:

1. before weis got there he's freshman and sophomore year he looked like dud at the QB spot at notre dame

2. some would argue that he didn't have great talent at ND...are you crazy...he had the shark, mcknight, stovall, fasano, and walker the past two years...all of whom are either drafted and playing in the NFL or will be shortly with the exception of samardjiza who chose baseball over football...he probably would have been a 1st round pick too

3. playing for ND he played against some very good competition and some very bad competition...he padded his stats against the navy's, the army's, and stanford...when he played the michigan's, lsu's, osu's, and usc's his stats were less impressive...why couldn't he as the QB translate what he did from game to game...and remember his is the guy who couldn't beat a michigan state team two years ago and had to come from behind to beat them his year

4. when he is under pressue he looks like david carr...only difference is instead of taking the sack he throws it but the pass is no where nears it's intended target and that's where is INT's come from...sack or int which is worst

5. he's got all the talent in the world...that's a given...he can make all the throws and we can't underestimate the value of him being tutored for the past two years by weis...but do you really believe he's going to be the next tom brady...i don't...guys like that don't come around that often and to think he's gonna be just like tom and do the things tom did is silly...i understand why weis is in his corner...any head coach at ND would have to be...but remember this is weis's ticket for the next several years if he can get quinn drafted high

so as you can see there plenty of things to like about him but there is also several to scratch your head about...is this a guy we really want to spend a 1st round pick on?

HuttoKarl

Veteran
He's a white guy with black hair that plays QB. That's where the comparisons to Carr can stop.

The guy moved away from pressure, got the ball off, ran when he needed to, threaded some passes quite nicely and despite all of the other players on his offense, the defense still gave up insane points in those big games that Notre Dame lost.

The USC highlights (a bunch of NFL players) show Quinn having a big day vs. top talent. David Carr never faced teams like USC in college. He was thrown to the Wolves immediately and got shellshocked. Kubiak won't make that mistake IF Houston drafts Quinn.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
His highlights dont matter cuz does nothing against good teams he disappears. *choke artist*
yeah, like against USC in '05. total chokejob.

this just in: jamarcus russell plays WORSE against good teams, WITH better talent around him, than brady quinn. go figure! but he put up 3 TD's against a horrendous notre dame defense, so he's a great winner. right?

Newbsies

Practice Squad
Wow, really would not mind seeing him on the Texans. Wouldn't mind having samardjiza either (I know he's playing baseball). Did you see that throw he made against Navy on the Ravens field, rolling to his left, threw a 35 yard dart to the corner of the endzone for a TD. The dude is good. Real good.

big sarge

Waterboy
Does anyone have any highlights of DC at Fresno ST??? I bet it shows him making spectacular plays as well.

I would like to see BQ after a few games of being sacked 3 to 5 times a game. Not saying he is a horrible QB, but I don't think DC was a horrible QB when he came out of College either.