Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-10-2007   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default charger's new uniforms

here ya go

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...-to-unveil.htm

they will be using the white helmets that they usually do when they go with the powder blues
Old 03-10-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: charger's new uniforms

The Texans need to fix up their uniforms, or change the home and away ones.

All Steel Blue for home games, Liberty White for away games, and Battle Red twice a year.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the texans need to do something with their #'s.

I like them fine but on the merchandise website..I was playing around with the customize name and # to see what our potential draft choices would look like.

Quinn #10 just doenst look very good to me. the 1 and 0 look too "puny".
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

That's actually a pretty sweet looking jersey IMO. Definitely on the 'wanted' list for me...

And I agree that we should do something with ours, I'm still not fully sold on the Steel Blue but the Liberty White/Battle Red I am actually rather cool with...
Old 03-10-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the lightning bolt on the white strip looks all that great. It looks like someone taped it onto the shoulder pads.

And there is nothing wrong with the Texans unis, IMO.
Old 03-10-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

In a word....fugly.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #7
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:

All Steel Blue for home games, Liberty White for away games, and Battle Red twice a year.
that is not their new uniform...if you follow this link, and READ a little bit, you will READ that the new uniforms will be unveiled Wednesday.

Quote:
The countdown has begun for the San Diego Chargers' official unveiling of the team's new look for 2007 and beyond. At 4:45 on Wednesday, March 14, the team will hold a private "fashion show" to unveil the newly-redesigned uniform. It is the team's first significant uniform alteration since 1988.

Though several modifications are noteworthy, the team colors and overall look remain the same. The Chargers' three newly-redesigned uniforms will continue to feature Navy blue jerseys and white pants at most home games, white jerseys and Navy pants on the road, and Powder Blue jerseys with white pants for special occasions at home.

The most noticeable changes include a new Gold bolt which will be outlined in both Powder Blue and Navy, as well as a new metallic-white helmet.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
that is not their new uniform...if you follow this link, and READ a little bit, you will READ that the new uniforms will be unveiled Wednesday.
If you READ a little bit, you'll see that those are the new uniforms.
Old 03-10-2007   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

they're just trying to erase all of the memories of Marty....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chargers should go back to the baby blue uni's; best in sports period.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
The Chargers should go back to the baby blue uni's; best in sports period.

Yup..I've always thought overall they have some of the coolest unis. I think ours look cartoonish at times.
Old 03-10-2007   #12
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think the texans need to do something with their #'s.

I like them fine but on the merchandise website..I was playing around with the customize name and # to see what our potential draft choices would look like.

Quinn #10 just doenst look very good to me. the 1 and 0 look too "puny".
Try changing the number to 20 and the name to Landry. Not so puny now, eh?

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post
Try changing the number to 20 and the name to Landry. Not so puny now, eh?
Old 03-10-2007   #14
Bert
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
here ya go

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlin...-to-unveil.htm

they will be using the white helmets that they usually do when they go with the powder blues
I think they are going to "metallic white" helmets. I actually like the new uni's better. They will continue to bust out the powder blue jerseys also.
Old 03-10-2007   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the Chargers should have changed to the powder blue jerseys. Those are the best looking in the NFL.

The navy, gold and white that Chargers fans have grown accustomed to are still present. Funny, it looks navy, yellow and white to me.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #16
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

...the uniforms are the least of our problems. theyre probably the best thing to come out of this franchise as of yet... we've only been around 5 years, and honestly, i don't want us to ever change the unis.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm not liking the Charger's new uniforms. I prefer the old school look for the most part, and they'd be better off with the powder blue uniforms that they use as their alternate.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #18
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
they're just trying to erase all of the memories of Marty....
what spot on insight..they probably want to rid themselves of the memory of a horrible 2006, when they went 14-2.
Old 03-10-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
When did the Texans change their jersey design and put SF on the sleeves? Landry will be a texan. (i hope)

i don't like the #10 on our jerseys....the 1 seems too skinny or something...most other numbers look good...esp if they say Landry above them..lol..or Ryans
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the reason the chargers don't switch to the old jerseys: $$$$
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read