Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-10-2007   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Random Mock(maybe somewhat Wacky)?

1. Calvin Johnson(WR, G Tech) - OAK
2. Joe Thomas (OT, Wisconsin) - DET
3. JaMarcus Russell (QB, LSU) - CLE
4. Alan Branch (DT, Michigan) - TB
5. Gaines Adams (DE, Clemson) - AZ
6. Jamaal Anderson (DE, Arkansas) - WAS
7. Dwayne Jarrett (WR, USC) - MIN
8. Adrian Peterson (RB, Oklahoma) – BUF(traded with HOU)
9. Brady Quinn (QB, Notre Dame) - MIA
10. Leon Hall (CB, Michigan - ATL
11. Amobi Okoye (DT, Louisville) - SF
12. Laron Landry (DB, LSU)– HOU(traded with BUF)
13. Jarvis Moss (DE, Florida) - STL
14. Levi Brown (OT, Penn St.) - CAR
15. Chris Houston (CB, Arkansas)PIT
16. Marshawn Lynch (RB, Cali) - GB
17. Reggie Nelson (FS, Florida) - JAX
18. Patrick Willis (LB, Mississippi) - CIN
19. Darrelle Revis (CB, Pittsburgh) - TEN
20. Lawrence Timmons (LB, Florida St.) - NYG
21. Quentin Moses (DE, Georgia) - DEN
22. Justin Blalock (OG, Texas) - DAL
23. Ted Ginn Jr. (WR, Ohio St.)) - KC
24. Robert Meacham (WR, Tennessee)- NE (from SEA)
25. Marcus McCauley (CB, Fresno St.) - NYJ
26. Paul Posluszny (LB, Penn St.) - PHI
27. Fred Bennett (CB, South Carolina) - NO
28. Aaron Rouse (SS, Virginia Tech) - NE
29. Adam Carriker (DE Nebraska)- BAL
30. Michael Griffin, (SS, Texas)- SD
31. Greg Olson (TE, Miami) - CHI
32. Jon Beason (LB, Miami) - IND

Houston trades 8 for Buffalo’s 12 and 44
39. Ryan Kalil (C, USC)
43. Sidney Rice (WR, S. Carolina)

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Random Mock(maybe somewhat Wacky)?

bump

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-10-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

That is good work and I like the idea of moving down but I'm not sure if it happens if Peterson is still moving down the board. I like Landry alot though. I think if we did get another second rounder one of them would be used on a QB.
Old 03-10-2007   #4
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i like this mock
Old 03-10-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if the browns have to choose between russell and peterson, i think they go peterson.

edit: woot, 3000 posts.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

I love the mock. Only thing is, will the Falcons really pass on Landry? If Landry would no doubt be there, I would really like that trade. We got rid of 3 needs with that trade. Now you would just need a CB.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
That is good work and I like the idea of moving down but I'm not sure if it happens if Peterson is still moving down the board. I like Landry alot though. I think if we did get another second rounder one of them would be used on a QB.
I thought about a QB, but Kalil and Sidney Rice seemed too good to pass up.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2007   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
i like this mock
Thanks, I have been working in it for awhile!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-10-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
if the browns have to choose between russell and peterson, i think they go peterson.

edit: woot, 3000 posts.
I think that the Browns have a tough choice if Russel and Peterson are availble. I was thinking the Browns just signed Lewis and he can probably play well for another few years. Plus they have Braylon and Kellen Jr. A Russel could be just the answer to their passing attack.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-10-2007   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
I love the mock. Only thing is, will the Falcons really pass on Landry? If Landry would no doubt be there, I would really like that trade. We got rid of 3 needs with that trade. Now you would just need a CB.
I was thinking about that too. The Falcons have Deangleo Hall right now and if they added Leon Hall, they would be set at CB for a good long time. Ina couple of years that tandem might be as good as Dre Bly-Champ Baily.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-11-2007   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Charlie Frye or Jamarcus Rusell? What a tough question.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I thought about a QB, but Kalil and Sidney Rice seemed too good to pass up.

I hear ya. It was well thought it. Good work. Again, if the right player is there I don't mind picking up picks. That was what I wanted last year.
Old 03-11-2007   #13
freedoggy77
Veteran

i think that Oakland is likely to take Calvin Johnson and take Troy Smith in the second. that way Smith has two excellent recievers in CJ and Randy Moss to throw to.
Old 03-11-2007   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
i think that Oakland is likely to take Calvin Johnson and take Troy Smith in the second. that way Smith has two excellent recievers in CJ and Randy Moss to throw to.
I was thinking somewhere along those lines too. I thought CJ in round 1 and then Troy Smith in 2 or a Kolb in the third for them.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-11-2007   #15
freedoggy77
Veteran

it would be unlikely for OAK to take Kolb b.c they need a major player that can start pretty soon if needed. I am not sure if they will take JaMarcus because of CJ but if they pass on him then they are probably taking Troy Smith.
Old 03-12-2007   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
it would be unlikely for OAK to take Kolb b.c they need a major player that can start pretty soon if needed. I am not sure if they will take JaMarcus because of CJ but if they pass on him then they are probably taking Troy Smith.
I imagine they could take Kolb and let the kid they have now start a few games while Lob learns. This would give CJ and RM the oppertunity to learn to work together in this new Raider offense.

I have also heard the rumor of the raiders trading their 2nd or third to houston for Carr, so that could be their QB option too...

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-12-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
8. Adrian Peterson (RB, Oklahoma) – BUF(traded with HOU)
I would cry.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I would cry.
really? You would cry if we could pick up Landry, Kalil, and Rice in round 1 and 2?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-13-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd take peterson and kalil over that trio.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
really? You would cry if we could pick up Landry, Kalil, and Rice in round 1 and 2?
If we trade Peterson to get them? Yup.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read