Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2007   #1
A-B

Default Battle Red Day

Just for fun to kind of break the monotony of free agency the draft D.C and so on. The home games are:

Denver
Jacksonville
K.C.
Indy
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Tenn.

Which one do yall think will be Battle Red Day? I would like to see it be against Kubiak's old team or if our 1st game against Indy is here, I would really like to see it be that one.
Old 03-09-2007   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle Red Day

Tennesee.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
Just for fun to kind of break the monotony of free agency the draft D.C and so on. The home games are:

Denver
Jacksonville
K.C.
Indy
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Tenn.

Which one do yall think will be Battle Red Day? I would like to see it be against Kubiak's old team or if our 1st game against Indy is here, I would really like to see it be that one.
I will rule out Jacksonville because thats an easy win. lol.
No to Tampa (hopefully a win)
no to K.C. (their colors are red...)
miami- mehhh, we just beat them
Indy-no..we just beat them too.

Tennesse..even bigger rivalry now.
new orleans...our red...and their gold...could be like the old school rockets red/yellow.
Denver- mentor vs. the student.

I vote Denver or Tennessee. (Den could be cool cuz we may not play them very much, Tenn could be good because their our division rival..one of them)

My vote goes to Tennessee because we need our fans to be in it...last year was embarrassing.
Sorry to think this whole thing out loud..lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

we should change the jerseys...where all home games are BATTLE RED!
Old 03-10-2007   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5063 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuuuuuuz View Post
no! i think i'm the only person who loves the steel blue jerseys, we don't wear em enough. i do like seeing the red twice a season, though. i'd like to see it worn against the jags and titans.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Fair enuff...just sayin' we got a pretty damn good record in red...thas all
Old 03-10-2007   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

New Orleans....We need to neutralize all the Bush jerseys IMO...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2007   #8
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Quote:
I know I love that jersey. That is my A.J. jersey. When I play Madden every home gm. Is Battle Red Day. Something else that would be cool, since we are too young of a franchise for throwbacks, I would like to see us wear the innaugural white helmets with the white jersey sometime.
HAHAHA! Man thas right! Wish i atleast had some Bobbleheads of that!
Old 03-10-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I dig the all steel-blue look...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #10
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Quote:
Sounds pretty up in the air. I would like to see 4-4 then, 4 blue and 4 red.
Sounds good to me! That calculates to more WINS as far as Im concerned.
Old 03-10-2007   #11
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah,which game was the Steel Blue Day?
The "Christmas Miracle" game (the victory over indy)
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #12
texanfan2100
Veteran

I'm all for keeping it the way it was last year. Wear battle red against Jacksonville, and all blue against Indy. Why mess with success?

Also, I know that all white didn't work out too well last year, but I'd be willing to try it again this year. It would have to be early in the season, though.

I don't think it would matter if we changed the uniforms for the Tennessee game. You're going to have the VY groupies out there reagardless of what uniforms you wear.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good point. That game does bring out some of the wishy washy fans. Like my cousin bless his heart, He came over the other day with a V.Y. jersey and a Texans hat on. We had to have a little talk.
I have boo'd complete strangers wearing the VY jersey.

My vote for battle red is Jacksonville and Tenn.

From what I understand we get two alt jersey games a year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

How about N.O. There are many people from N.O. still in Houston. If not that, then Tennessee.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #15
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone think the Saints game will be a Sunday night game for us? I do. Bush vs the team that passed on him. I think the national coverage would get behind it.
Old 03-10-2007   #16
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

From what I understand we get two alt jersey games a year.
Right. Only once though have they actually wore them twice ina year. They need to wear them twice every year. I say the Texans wear them against the Titans & Saints.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #17
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Our record wearing the battle red jerseys was flawless until the unspeakable 2005 season where we lost both battle red games. Our record in battle red is currently 3-2.. Hopefully we can bring it up to 5-2
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
no! i think i'm the only person who loves the steel blue jerseys, we don't wear em enough. i do like seeing the red twice a season, though. i'd like to see it worn against the jags and titans.
I agree about steel blue. They are my favorite, and I wish they were our official home jerseys, except for one battle red game a year (which I'd save for the Titans or Colts).
Old 03-11-2007   #19
TheRealX9
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TheRealX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuuuuuuz View Post
yeah, we are unbeatable with those on, i want more BATTLE RED!
Old 03-11-2007   #20
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Anyone think the Saints game will be a Sunday night game for us? I do. Bush vs the team that passed on him. I think the national coverage would get behind it.
I thought so as well, but we are the Texans. Knowing them, they wouldn't care about a "meh" team. Until we do something HUGE, I don't think we'll ever get a primetime game.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read